Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#3856 Post by Rinima »

SilverxBlue wrote:Adopted a kitten four days ago and then I accidentally squished her with a door today because I didn't notice her trying to get in of the house as I went out... now she only walks with her two front limbs, won't eat and defecates a lot and now I feel really terrible. D8

I should have left her in the streets instead if I knew something like this was going to happen. lkas jdksadkjs
F*** dude, take that cat to the vets.
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#3857 Post by SilverxBlue »

Already did, and I had to leave her there. Had to fight with my dad just to let me. Odds are high that she'll be put to sleep though.
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran

#3858 Post by Rinima »

SilverxBlue wrote:Already did, and I had to leave her there. Had to fight with my dad just to let me. Odds are high that she'll be put to sleep though.
That's sad :(
But I guess if she's in pain, that's for the best right?

lemonokashi
Regular

#3859 Post by lemonokashi »

Rinima wrote:Thanks for the advice guys (and also asking the questions I was to scared to ask myself...), helped a lot!

P.s. To those calling my current bf, my bf..... she's actually my gf ^^ (lol)
Sorry, the "he lives much closer" part through me off.

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#3860 Post by Caveat Lector »

Why? Why would anyone invent an "overwrite" feature in anything? To make the life of the writer needlessly difficult? :x
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Destiny
Veteran
Projects: Cards of Destiny, Sky Eye

#3861 Post by Destiny »

Caveat Lector wrote:Why? Why would anyone invent an "overwrite" feature in anything? To make the life of the writer needlessly difficult? :x
My question ever since I overwrote things multiple times whenever (depending on the keyboard) I just wanted to delete or scroll the text :'D
Thank god, they at least made a strg+z one to undo the damage (if noticed fast enough).

I myself have a gigantic fight with a person that I had been friends with for the past 13 years.
Why?
Because I sit in the library for 8 hours to work on my thesis, then work in a market till midnight, then work on my thesis some more at home and go to bed. Because I have to have it finished till May. Because it will give me my degree. And a future.
While she is pissed that I have seen her only 3 times in the past half year. Sounds like she is in the right? Well, to compare: I saw my family exactly once in that time and ALL of my other friends (including those that live 20 minutes away and not - like her - 2.5hrs) have not seen any of me since a year (the half year before I was abroad).
So she is pretty much whining that EVEN THOUGH I already take some spare time to ride over to her place and go out of my way to meet her, that I can't do it MORE.
I could have done it that I went once to her and the other two times to other friends who haven't complained once, but supported me (which she never audibly did, she seems to think I will do just fine). I could have visited my family instead.
But no, I took a day off from work and went to the station, got on a train and met her for some unimportant chatting on her couch so she was happy (truth be told, I find that kind of stuff boring, I am more active then that, but she is working from 8 till 19 and usually not up for anything). And now she is complaining to ME why I can't do that more OFTEN?

Sure, lemme make a ribbon around my degree that I will not get as I throw it in the garbage for you.
Honestly, it is one thing to have friends in the working class that have no idea how exhausting the life of a university student can be. And a totally different thing when they expect you to make time for them when you are in the final sprint to wrap everything up.

But oh well, I guess, my favorite quote of her was "I hope you get into the university in Cologne (Oh my, is she hoping that I can get closer to finishing my studies and finally starting to work?! :D). Then you live closer and we can meet more often (Oh.). So you better not mess that up (Oh...)!"
So yeah, I am pretty disappointed in her. She had literally saved my life when we were teenagers, so I can't exactly be angry at her, but the fact of how much she cares about what I have to do and what I CAN do makes me nothing but frustrated.
With twenty thousand things on my head, the last thing I need is a weekly "When are you coming over again?". A "Hope, you do fine" or a "Work hard" every once in a while would be more appreciated...
Cards of Destiny (WIP) / Sky Eye (WIP)

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: a battle engine

#3862 Post by Asceai »

My NaNoRenO game has five heroine routes AND a denouement. It's also my first ever Ren'Py game and I only started using Ren'Py a couple of months ago. Sort of learning as I go here.
Everyone tells you not to plan big, for a NaNoRenO game OR for your first VN, but obviously that advice didn't apply to ME...

it is less than 1/10 complete in terms of story events i have to cover and i've written over 10,000 words
i'm doomed

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#3863 Post by Razz »

I guess I'm finally at that old man stage where i hate new slang terms. I hate 'sketch', like sketchy. I hope it dies quickly like yolo.

Iaikaa

#3864 Post by Iaikaa »

Uugh, had to take a day off from work because I caught a cold and my fever was up this morning and I just keep feeling bad for not going even though I know I'm not in a condition to work there right now and going in sick would just a) possibly get even more people sick b) prolong my condition.

If I could stop from ever getting sick again I would in a heartbeat, would rather be healthy and at work than coughing in my bed x__x'
Feel free to add me on skype~ Iaikaa89

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran

#3865 Post by Rinima »

My cable for my tablet broke.
And I'm desperate to do some League of Legends fan art.
*flips table*

Eiliya
Regular

#3866 Post by Eiliya »

This is a thread to get stuff off your chest, is it? Oh man, let me tell you my story... Names will be fake, just so you know.

One of my closest firends, Ante, faced a predictament a few weeks ago, when he had to pick between coming with me to celebrate my 30'th birthday and staying home to help his lady care for the kids due to a hurt back. I will get back to the details around both options further down. He picked celebrating my birthday, which resulted in his lady kicking him out of their relationship. Reasonable response, right..?

So, here's some details around the two choices. First is "my birthday". We started planning for this towards the end of last summer, roughly 6 months ahead of time. The party was entered into calendars and planners of all involved and everyone was reminded of it in december and february, to make sure that everyone could come and that everyone had saved enough money for it (expensive restaurants, ftw). Up until the very morning of the day we were supposed to drive to the restaurant (which is a good five hours by car away) we had green lights from everyone involved.

Now we come to "staying home with the lady and kids". A week before my party was supposed to take place, Antes woman did something that seems to be quite common among women. She was like "I can handle carrying these 50 bags of foodstuff up these ice-covered stairs on my own, in one go. I don't need to call Ante and ask for help, I'm sure it'll be fine." Naturally, she slipped and strained her ankle. This, in and off itself was no real problem. It just limited her in how much she could play with the kids, since she has a chronically bad back. This was something Ante preached to her about, how important it was for her to not overexert herself and ruin her back, since he wouldn't be able to help her over the weekend due to my birthday party. Naturally, she overexerted herself anyway and hurt her back as well. She didn't tell him of this, however, until the morning when I had driven to their home to pick him up for the long ride to the restaurant. The resulting argument had me waiting outside for almost 2 hours before he finally came out.

On to the result of his choice. When we got back home from the party the next day, Ante found a hand-written note placed across the keyboard to his computer, telling him that his lady had taken their kids and gone to visit her parents. She didn't know how long she would be gone, but she wanted him and his stuff out of -her- apartment before she came back. The note also quite clearly stated that she though he had done her horribly wrong in his choice and that she didn't want to have anything to do with him for at least two weeks after she came back home. As for where he could go? Well, why not move in with *me, the author of this post*, since you two get along so well?

Worth to note here is that I live in a one-room-and-kitchen, but because of a peculiar situation, have furniture from a three-rooms-and-kitchen stuffed into that space. Into this cramped living place, Cas now wanted Ante to move all of his furniture, as well as his non-furniture stuff such as clothes. We had no place whatsoever for it and I had to scrap some of my old furniture since I didn't want my pal to live on the street. Anyway, back to the story. Two days ago, Ante tried contacting Cas to see if she had come home, to which he got a hostile reply which directly contradicted her handwritten note from three weeks ago. He walked over to her apartment to talk to her and was basically told the following:

"You and I have a fundamentally different view on what a family is. In my perfect world a family always stands up for each other. Nothing else is worth anything at all, and regardless of the circumstances, no matter who, what, when, where or why, if you have to pick between your family and something else, you always, ALWAYS pick your family. So what if it was his 30'th birthday? So what if he was your best firend? Yes, I used past tense. So what if it was planned, booked and payed for 6 months ago? None of that matters at all, all of it is worth less that the dust under my boots when I walk outside when compared to me. You must always choose me, period! Until you understand that, change your views to be a perfect, 100% synchronized match with mine, I will keep the kids and absolutely forbid you from ever setting foot in MY apartment again."

Simply put, she wants him to bend over and take it, sacrificing his personality, his social life and all of his friends (and probably his siblings and parents as well) as offerings to her, in order for her to let him see his kids and come back home. Here's my question to you guys. Does this seem like a healthy relationship? Is this how a family is supposed to work? If you were in either of their shoes, how would you react? Me, I am so filled with anger and loathing at her childishly illogical and idiotic behaviour that I don't even know how to vent it, I just go jogging A LOT more than I usually do.

If you feel up for it, gimme some feedback on this, let me know what you think.

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#3867 Post by MaiMai »

Amazing how miscommunication and lack of compromise can end up with such a cluster****.

As for what advice can be given... well, this is your friend, but it's his marriage he's going to have either salvage or break off on; aka that's his choice (and if that's how his wife reacts to him having a social life and not telling him immediately about her injury, than that feels like a sign of a marriage that was already on the rocks) and I'm not sure what advice can be given since it doesn't seem like anyone's place to say. You're doing your best already by letting him have a place to stay and be his support.

Maybe a good place to start is to have the in-laws get involved. I have no idea why her parents would be letting her act like this unless they didn't know the whole story.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#3868 Post by noeinan »

^In my opinion, getting the in-laws involved is almost always a bad idea. First off, there's no reason to assume they are more reasonable than she is. Second, she's a grown woman, so it's not her parents place to "let her" or not let her do things.

Eiliya
Regular

#3869 Post by Eiliya »

Sorry if this blows out of proportion. I didn't considder the eventual spiraling out of topic here >_<; I just wanted to vent my feelings some.

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#3870 Post by MaiMai »

daikiraikimi wrote:^In my opinion, getting the in-laws involved is almost always a bad idea. First off, there's no reason to assume they are more reasonable than she is. Second, she's a grown woman, so it's not her parents place to "let her" or not let her do things.
Ah, good point. (And this is why this place isn't the best for asking advice as it is for venting.)
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)