Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#3931 Post by Rinima »

I hate it when my fuc*ing flatmates decide to go out on a Monday night.

1. They stay in the fu*king kitchen till 11-12, which means I have to wait till god-damn midnight to eat (cause my stupid pile of sh*t social anxiety means I can't stand being around people and cooking for some odd reason), and I am starving. Yet if I go in, I'll just have a panic attack and not fu*king eat anyway.

2. I'm fu*king staving.

3. They will come back at 4 in the god damn morning and wake me the f*ck up and I won't be able to fu*king sleep again.

4. URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG. I HATE THEM SO MUCH RIGHT NOW.
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#3932 Post by PyTom »

fleet wrote:One can graduate with a baccalaureate degree in three years by attending classes during summer.
It is also possible by taking an 'extra-heavy' course load (some colleges require students to obtain special permission before allowing this).
You can, but is it a good idea?

IMO, it's often better to take the time to learn things really well, and to try to have side jobs and projects so you learn things beyond what they'll teach you at school. Then when you enter the real world, you'll be immediately productive and have a leg up on your fellow graduates - which will often yield better success as you go on with your career.

Of course, this assumes you can make the finances work. College was expensive 15 years ago, and it's only gotten worse since then. (But if you can get a paying job in the field you're going to work in, that can make the difference - especially since you graduate with a couple of years of work experience.)
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: a battle engine

#3933 Post by Asceai »

I cut a year off my degree (Bachelor+Hons, which normally adds a year so you can immediately move to a PhD afterwards) by doing extra classes in the semester and summer classes, but it was a pretty miserable experience (and my grades were affected, which would have hurt my chances for a scholarship if I didn't do so well during the Hons). I agree with doing side jobs / summer internships where possible. Far more valuable, and a lot more fun too.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#3934 Post by fleet »

PyTom wrote:
fleet wrote:One can graduate with a baccalaureate degree in three years by attending classes during summer.
It is also possible by taking an 'extra-heavy' course load (some colleges require students to obtain special permission before allowing this).
You can, but is it a good idea? ...
I never recommended either scenario. I'm just saying it is possible.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#3935 Post by Lishy »

I want to change the name of my VN, from "When the Bells Toll", to "My Girlfriend is the Nyarlathotep"

Date-sim with inter-dimensional Eldritch Monstrosity!
-

Cith
Regular

#3936 Post by Cith »

SundownKid wrote: I've always thought (for-profit) school was unnecessarily long. In the U.S. you could probably shave off one or two years off college without anything lost, if the classes were more concentrated. In law school you have to take 3 years when the first year is the only one that truly makes a difference. Education inflation is a real problem, I can anticipate that in a decade you will need to be 30 years old and a PHD to get a job as a janitor.
I've always thought normal schooling is unnecessarily long. 13-14 years, and they teach you SFA.

Stripe
Regular
Projects: secret!

#3937 Post by Stripe »

so apparently I am incapable of creating straight characters? oTL why this, I was going to make an otome game but somehow the love interests seem to suit *each other* better than they suit the female protagonist LMFAO. guess I'm gonna be redoing this...
considering my other project is yuri, too, it's just... welp. GUESS I SHOULD JUST EMBRACE THE GAY

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#3938 Post by curry nochi rice »

Stripe wrote:so apparently I am incapable of creating straight characters? oTL why this, I was going to make an otome game but somehow the love interests seem to suit *each other* better than they suit the female protagonist LMFAO. guess I'm gonna be redoing this...
considering my other project is yuri, too, it's just... welp. GUESS I SHOULD JUST EMBRACE THE GAY
an otome game with a yaoi or yuri ending despite all your straight character's advances is.... kinda cool. 8)
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#3939 Post by mugenjohncel »

Accidentally stumbled upon my old files and folders from 2004 / 2005 and 2006... Suddenly, nostalgia...

2006 is such a long time ago... it's the year where I stopped being a Graphic Artist and totally abandoned the creative artsy line of work and started selling Printer Ink. It's the time where I got my hand really messed up and seriously though I'd never be able to draw ever again... everything I draw end up being wobbly and wonkers, but I didn't give up and keep on drawing, hoping that I can adjust my drawing style to suit my messed up hand which doesn;t respond well to my commands nor has any sense of feelings in it. Fast forward 2014 here I am... still drawing as if nothing serious happened, yes I'm missing a few body parts, my sense of touch and feel is still wonky and not 100% but hey... I still can draw, and that's more than enough for this old guy. :)
Seriously though, did I really draw that thing on the left?... it's kinda embarrassing... :mrgreen:
Long story short... Time heals wounds, may it be emotional or in my case physical... :)

"POOF" (Disappears)

chocojax
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Umbra, Familiarity, Maleficent Justice
Tumblr: chocojax

#3940 Post by chocojax »

I got so lost into doing homework/programming/etc, I forgot to eat last night.
I think eating is a huge pain, and sometimes I wish I could just pay to be nourished without taking the time to eat.
@mugen: Man, I applaud you for your perseverance. Quite a nice jump in improvement as well!

Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

#3941 Post by Haze »

chocojax wrote:I think eating is a huge pain, and sometimes I wish I could just pay to be nourished without taking the time to eat.
I feel the same way about sleeping. I feel like I can get a lot more done if I didn't have to sleep/stay up late and feel super tired the next day(like today). I'm not sure if I'd pay for that, though. Maybe. :lol:
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

Nekomiira
Regular
Completed: The Madness(as an artist)

#3942 Post by Nekomiira »

Ok I need to get this off my chest right now.
My mom just came into my room and started crying hysterically and guess why? Someone has taken money from her credit card. And it's over 1200 euros!! So I pretty much feel like strangling someone...
Image | Image | Tumblr

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#3943 Post by noeinan »

Nekomiira wrote:Ok I need to get this off my chest right now.
My mom just came into my room and started crying hysterically and guess why? Someone has taken money from her credit card. And it's over 1200 euros!! So I pretty much feel like strangling someone...
That's awful! Can you cancel the card and get reimbursed?

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: a battle engine

#3944 Post by Asceai »

The issuing bank can usually fix that. I got taken for $750 a few years back and they sorted it all out.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#3945 Post by LVUER »

Yes, just like others said, contact the bank immediately, ASAP.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW