Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#4126 Post by curry nochi rice »

overshot my internship hours by 150. ... :v
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#4127 Post by Donmai »

Haze wrote:And to think this guy is going to be president of the senior class next year...you'd think he'd have more...moral integrity...
Got the message: presidents should know how to cheat without being caught. :mrgreen:
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

LordOfFire321

#4128 Post by LordOfFire321 »

I'm currently waiting for the results of my finals, and I'm really worried. The answers are out, and I checked them already but... I forgot what I wrote in some of the tests, so I can't tell how well I did :oops: . Especially about the maths. This subject is the bane of my existence, I hate it so much, yet I had to take an exam for it anyway because it's a compulsory subject. The fact that my mother is a maths teacher doesn't make it better - yeah, she helped me study, but it kinda puts some pressure on me in that matter, don't wanna put our long and tiring (for me at last) studying sessions to waste.

Also, I recently made a fail of the month - I bought some new strings for my Ibanez, cos my high E string broke. I got some pretty high quality ones, so I got pretty excited. First I put in the low E ofc, and then I took out he old B string. But when I put in my new B I rotated the tuner "a bit" too much... and i broke the string. AAAARRRRRRRRGGGHHHH!!!

Well, at least I have a new high E, but still :( .
Last edited by LordOfFire321 on Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LRH
Regular

#4129 Post by LRH »

My area has a tornado watch in effect for the next five and a half hours. I'm already scared of thunderstorms as it is. This is the first tornado watch I remember having been issued for my area of the US since I moved here. I am seriously freaking out. Should I be grabbing my dog's leash just in case I have to take him down to the basement? Should I wake my husband up now in case a tornado does happen? I don't know what to do!

peapodprincess
Regular

#4130 Post by peapodprincess »

If it's just a watch, all you need to do is remain vigilant. A tornado warning is when a tornado has actually been spotted.

Just so long as you keep your eye on the news for any updates, you'll be fine.

Dreamtigers

#4131 Post by Dreamtigers »

Hope the tornado passed you by, @LRH! If it happens again, you might feel better if you have an emergency kit handy. The Red Cross has some tips on assembling one: http://www.redcross.org/prepare/locatio ... ly/get-kit. There are probably other good lists, too.

I don't have a kit, despite having been in an earthquake, flash flood, tornado, and blizzard. Maybe I should take my own advice. :D

LRH
Regular

#4132 Post by LRH »

Thanks for the reassurance and concern guys!

I do have an emergency kit put together already, I was in the Army Cadet Force, Girl Scouts, and at one point trained as an Emergency Responder, so the idea of having a go-bag filled with sorely needed emergency items is drilled into my mind. Everybody, definitely, definitely, if you don't have one, please make sure you assemble one, and then hope you never need it.

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#4133 Post by thebackup »

^ Just want to say might as well prep an emergency kit in your vehicle too. Just in case you have to evacuate immediately, or whatever else may happen.

I wish I followed my own advice. Although my oldest sister is a big advocate for that, living in the midwest.

Lady-Cynic
Regular
Completed: Bobette: A KN that's horrible but at least complete
Projects: To Hell With Love: A G/G action game; Wendigo: A B/B horror game; Hannah's Humanity: A G/B KN about a girl making a choice; Counting Sheep: A mini RPG about a girl traveling with her sheep
Organization: Cynical Ghost Productions
IRC Nick: Lady-Cynic

#4134 Post by Lady-Cynic »

so fucking pissed because my mother moved the desktop comp to my room, and when I tried to download the driver to the computer, IT WON'T INSTALL! It either says I'm not connected to the internet when I am, or it loads the whole thing only to say that there was an error and couldn't load. Goddammit Wacom, I thought you were better than this!
Architect in training!
Cynical Ghost Productions
My commission thread.
BB's commission thread
My art thread~!
BButt's art thread
Help me go to college!
I prefer the pronouns xe, xem, xirself, etc., but what ever you use is cool with me.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#4135 Post by LVUER »

Lady-Cynic wrote:so fucking pissed because my mother moved the desktop comp to my room, and when I tried to download the driver to the computer, IT WON'T INSTALL! It either says I'm not connected to the internet when I am, or it loads the whole thing only to say that there was an error and couldn't load. Goddammit Wacom, I thought you were better than this!
I move location and/or another desktop/laptop but never have this problem before. Can you elaborate more? Don't you get a driver disc when buying Wacom? Or just try download a new (and latest while at that) driver from Wacom site.

Oh, and login with Admin user may help (though I do all those process in standard user mode, occasionally imputing the admin password).
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Lady-Cynic
Regular
Projects: To Hell With Love: A G/G action game; Wendigo: A B/B horror game; Hannah's Humanity: A G/B KN about a girl making a choice; Counting Sheep: A mini RPG about a girl traveling with her sheep

#4136 Post by Lady-Cynic »

LVUER wrote:I move location and/or another desktop/laptop but never have this problem before. Can you elaborate more? Don't you get a driver disc when buying Wacom? Or just try download a new (and latest while at that) driver from Wacom site.

Oh, and login with Admin user may help (though I do all those process in standard user mode, occasionally imputing the admin password).
I did the same thing too, but for some reason the driver just won't load on this computer. Granted, it's pretty ancient (about 7 years old, last I checked), so it could be that the software is just too new for the computer. I lost the disc somewhere in my room because I'm a pack rat, and I'm not the most organized person in the world. I've downloaded both newer and older versions of the driver, and they won't install. Since I'm already the admin user, the problem doesn't lie there. I really have no clue as to why it's not installing other than it being really old.
Architect in training!
My commission thread.
BB's commission thread
My art thread~!
BButt's art thread
Help me go to college!
I prefer the pronouns xe, xem, xirself, etc., but what ever you use is cool with me.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#4137 Post by LVUER »

Lady-Cynic wrote:I did the same thing too, but for some reason the driver just won't load on this computer. Granted, it's pretty ancient (about 7 years old, last I checked), so it could be that the software is just too new for the computer. I lost the disc somewhere in my room because I'm a pack rat, and I'm not the most organized person in the world. I've downloaded both newer and older versions of the driver, and they won't install. Since I'm already the admin user, the problem doesn't lie there. I really have no clue as to why it's not installing other than it being really old.
Can you tell me what OS and kind of PC do you use (if it's laptop then the series, if it's desktop then at least the processor and video card).

But still, I have a 14 years old laptop (so old that I can't find it on the internet anymore, still uses Windows XP SP1, P4 processor, and 512 DDR1 RAM) and it can run Wacom Bamboo Fun Medium tablet just fine (both the old driver and the latest one from internet). So I think it's not the software problem.

Try scan for virus though I really recommend to reinstall your Windows.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#4138 Post by Lishy »

SUPER pissed about the recent anime website hackings.

I'm not worried about my email getting hacked, since I have pretty good security. But I'm still anxious because I don't know which password of mine was compromised.
-

Lady-Cynic
Regular

#4139 Post by Lady-Cynic »

LVUER wrote:Can you tell me what OS and kind of PC do you use (if it's laptop then the series, if it's desktop then at least the processor and video card).
But still, I have a 14 years old laptop (so old that I can't find it on the internet anymore, still uses Windows XP SP1, P4 processor, and 512 DDR1 RAM) and it can run Wacom Bamboo Fun Medium tablet just fine (both the old driver and the latest one from internet). So I think it's not the software problem.

Try scan for virus though I really recommend to reinstall your Windows.
Sorry for late reply; was trying to figure out how the fuck to find out what my video card and RAM was.

It's a Windows XP and it's a HP Pavilion s7220n Slimline PC. The video card is an Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family (fuck that was a mouthful) and the ram is a 240 pin, DDR2 SDRAM (whatever the hell that means). Ran a scan to check for malware; got nothing. My tablet is a Wacom Bamboo Pen (CTL 470), so it's not like it needs a lot. I really don't know why it's not installing.

And it's not just the driver too. I tried installing the latest version of DirectX (apparently I have a really old version so Ren'Py wouldn't open normally) but the installation failed. Same thing with Editra, so now I can't even open my damn script files. It's so weird, because I deleted and redownloaded Ren'Py on this computer (had transferred it from a USB in the beginning), and it downloaded perfectly fine. I have no idea what is up with this computer.

I'm going to see if I can reinstall Windows now. After I Google how to. :p
Architect in training!
My commission thread.
BB's commission thread
My art thread~!
BButt's art thread
Help me go to college!

Green Glasses Girl
Veteran
Projects: Cavaliers & Carnivals
Tumblr: green-glasses

#4140 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

When someone you know gets a job you applied for...and you get your rejection letter on the same day.

Honest Critique