Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Lady-Cynic
Regular
Completed: Bobette: A KN that's horrible but at least complete
Projects: To Hell With Love: A G/G action game; Wendigo: A B/B horror game; Hannah's Humanity: A G/B KN about a girl making a choice; Counting Sheep: A mini RPG about a girl traveling with her sheep
Organization: Cynical Ghost Productions
IRC Nick: Lady-Cynic

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#4156 Post by Lady-Cynic »

Mr. Diddlez wrote:
Sonata wrote:I just want to get on a damn plane right now, travel across the ocean, to see this person I miss so much....
Then do it
BB wouldn't be afford it. I know her IRL, and trust me when I say that neither one of us can afford to leave Chicago just like that.

The thing to get off ny chest: The new owners are coming over today at three and now my mom's in a cleaning frenzy. -wheeze- I HOPE THEY DON'T KICK US OUT.
Architect in training!
Cynical Ghost Productions
My commission thread.
BB's commission thread
My art thread~!
BButt's art thread
Help me go to college!
I prefer the pronouns xe, xem, xirself, etc., but what ever you use is cool with me.

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#4157 Post by Caveat Lector »

Sonata wrote:I am so tired of nobody hiring me no matter where I freaking apply. I just need a damn job is that too much to ask...
Oh, you're FAR from being alone in this. I go job hunting as soon as school is out. I have yet to be hired by ANY place I've applied to. So far, I've only gotten ONE job interview, and I don't think it went entirely well. The only thing worse than struggling to find a job and having employers wanting you to have experience you don't have, is having to explain why I'd prefer to take Friday evenings and Saturday afternoons off to prospective employers who ask why (Sabbath, and it's my personal choice), and then be met with condescending questions on the subject. Thankfully, this issue only came up in the one and only job interview I've had, but I just hope it doesn't come up again in future interviews.

By this point, I'm seriously considering hitting the Recruitments forum on here. I'd probably have better luck.
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Mr. Diddlez

#4158 Post by Mr. Diddlez »

Sonata wrote:I am so tired of nobody hiring me no matter where I freaking apply. I just need a damn job is that too much to ask...
IKTF I really wish diddling paid money. Then I'd be rolling in dough.

Sonata
IRC Nick: Bibi

#4159 Post by Sonata »

Caveat Lector wrote:
Oh, you're FAR from being alone in this. I go job hunting as soon as school is out. I have yet to be hired by ANY place I've applied to. So far, I've only gotten ONE job interview, and I don't think it went entirely well. The only thing worse than struggling to find a job and having employers wanting you to have experience you don't have, is having to explain why I'd prefer to take Friday evenings and Saturday afternoons off to prospective employers who ask why (Sabbath, and it's my personal choice), and then be met with condescending questions on the subject. Thankfully, this issue only came up in the one and only job interview I've had, but I just hope it doesn't come up again in future interviews.

By this point, I'm seriously considering hitting the Recruitments forum on here. I'd probably have better luck.
most jobs I applied to never even responded at all. only two of the places I applied sent me a notice saying I was denied. and the others? never heard from them again.

I guess even the recruitment forums are not going well for me heh. Hope you have better luck, at least.

Rozume
Veteran
Completed: Munster Academy, boy
Projects: Coming of Age VN
Organization: Cosmic Visual
IRC Nick: Rozume

#4160 Post by Rozume »

Sonata wrote:
Caveat Lector wrote:

most jobs I applied to never even responded at all. only two of the places I applied sent me a notice saying I was denied. and the others? never heard from them again.

I guess even the recruitment forums are not going well for me heh. Hope you have better luck, at least.
My friend told me if they don't respond to you within a week, you should call them. But I sort of feel like if they haven't responded, then maybe they don't want you. .3.

I guess with that attitude, that's why I don't have a job. xD

orz I really need a job.

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#4161 Post by thebackup »

I know what it feels like putting so many applications out there and not getting hired... been there. It would probably help to stop and think why they're not hiring you, might be doing the same mistake over and over.
Not to brag, but I can say I got pretty lucky when I got hired at my current job... considering it's one of the very few that called back. And I have a habit of not calling back.
Good luck to those job hunting.

Lumella
Regular
Completed: Jose Rizal Visual Novel Game
Projects: Last Cycle's Vision
Organization: Unis

#4162 Post by Lumella »

I just received some bad news today, so I did my best to continue my work but it was eating me inside.

My best friend was confined in ICU due to his weak body. He's been diagnosed with cancer for sometime now, but he was cleared recently. However it came back after few months. He couldn't get chemo immediately. I hope he'll recover soon, despite the hearsay among the doctors my friend caught on. I feel too down since I'm so worried about him.
ImageImageImageImage

Artist. Indie Game Designer. Graphic Designer. 3D Hobbyist.
My VN Project: Last Cycle's Vision / Status: Slowly Active

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#4163 Post by PyTom »

For those who have't heard the news yet, the color #663399 now has the name "rebeccapurple". This color name has been added to the CSS color module, and so it will likely be understood by all major web browsers in the next few months.

Here's why.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#4164 Post by Lishy »

I have $440 extra to spend on Bells, and I have no idea what to spend it on.

#FIRSTWORLDPROBLEMS

Edit:
Lumella wrote:I just received some bad news today, so I did my best to continue my work but it was eating me inside.

My best friend was confined in ICU due to his weak body. He's been diagnosed with cancer for sometime now, but he was cleared recently. However it came back after few months. He couldn't get chemo immediately. I hope he'll recover soon, despite the hearsay among the doctors my friend caught on. I feel too down since I'm so worried about him.
I scroll up, and holy fuck I just read this.

My grandma suffered from anal cancer, and as someone with a ton of tumours myself, I fear a growing cancer someday too. Your friend definitely has my sympathy.
-

nerdy
Regular

#4165 Post by nerdy »

Lishy wrote:I have $440 extra to spend on Bells, and I have no idea what to spend it on.

#FIRSTWORLDPROBLEMS
My problem is I wish I had that problem... :shock:

#POORNERDPROBLEMS
Visit My Game Company Blog (No Posts Yet) :

http://art-and-games.blogspot.com/

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#4166 Post by Lishy »

nerdy wrote:
Lishy wrote:I have $440 extra to spend on Bells, and I have no idea what to spend it on.

#FIRSTWORLDPROBLEMS
My problem is I wish I had that problem... :shock:

#POORNERDPROBLEMS
Make friends, and gamble with them.

Better idea: Invite a bunch of friends over for a night, and compete in Smash Bros Project M for each other's money.
-

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#4167 Post by LVUER »

Lishy wrote:I scroll up, and holy fuck I just read this.
My grandma suffered from anal cancer, and as someone with a ton of tumours myself, I fear a growing cancer someday too. Your friend definitely has my sympathy.
You shouldn't be afraid of cancer and tumor IF you regularly check up your body for any cancer and tumor. Both can be easily taken care of if they're discovered in early stages, even without operation... saying that though, I still haven't check my body at all... sigh... I definitely going to lab these days, at least to check my cholesterol and sugar blood level.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#4168 Post by Lishy »

LVUER wrote:
You shouldn't be afraid of cancer and tumor IF you regularly check up your body for any cancer and tumor. Both can be easily taken care of if they're discovered in early stages, even without operation... saying that though, I still haven't check my body at all... sigh... I definitely going to lab these days, at least to check my cholesterol and sugar blood level.
I've lost track of how many tumours I have. I need to go for an ultrasound and blood-test someday...
-

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#4169 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Lishy wrote:
LVUER wrote:
I've lost track of how many tumours I have. I need to go for an ultrasound and blood-test someday...
Change that 'someday' to 'today' Lishy. Leaving things too long can lessen your options.
(I'm old so I'm allowed to sound like your mother).

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#4170 Post by Lishy »

Lesleigh63 wrote: Change that 'someday' to 'today' Lishy. Leaving things too long can lessen your options.
(I'm old so I'm allowed to sound like your mother).
I do have a requisition for a Blood Test. The issue is, my physician works at college, so I wouldn't be able to hear the results until September.
-