Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#4396 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

My grandmother just passed away two days ago. I've always thought that I cry for people just because I'm obligated to, how everyone else cries so I just cry too. I thought I'd be fine about it after one day since I consider myself some sort of freak who doesn't know how to 'family' but now I just randomly cry and I can't function properly. I'm finding ways to cheer myself up or distract the least but no games are fun and everytime I draw, my hand trembles and I would just break down. The important exam I'm having this year is in a week and I can't pick up my book. All the things and projects and games I plan to do after the exam now seems so meaningless and I feel like everything I do is wrong now. I'm so problematic and I keep messing everything up. I hope I can get better soon, I feel terrible.

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#4397 Post by Morhighan »

nero279 wrote:My grandmother just passed away two days ago. I've always thought that I cry for people just because I'm obligated to, how everyone else cries so I just cry too. I thought I'd be fine about it after one day since I consider myself some sort of freak who doesn't know how to 'family' but now I just randomly cry and I can't function properly. I'm finding ways to cheer myself up or distract the least but no games are fun and everytime I draw, my hand trembles and I would just break down. The important exam I'm having this year is in a week and I can't pick up my book. All the things and projects and games I plan to do after the exam now seems so meaningless and I feel like everything I do is wrong now. I'm so problematic and I keep messing everything up. I hope I can get better soon, I feel terrible.
People experience grief in different ways. When my dad died, I didn't cry for about a month, and then it all hit me at once. Best wishes to you and your family.

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#4398 Post by Caveat Lector »

Everyone grieves differently and you should never feel bad for whatever emotions may come. Take care.
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#4399 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

^ Thank you, I do feel a bit better now. I just hope that it wouldn't still affect me that bad for so long especially since I need to prepare for my exams :'D Thank you again!

breadslam
Regular
Tumblr: breadslam

#4400 Post by breadslam »

I wish the best for you and your family. My own grandfather went through a lot in his life, and when I asked him how he kept going he gave me a few words of advice.

"The first time you grieve is just as bad as the last, but you don't know that until you make it out that sadness doesn't last and your happy memories do. There's this part of you that keeps everything good about your time on Earth, all your joy with those you lose, and makes sure it keeps on being wonderful."

It's roughly translated from Hebrew and a little fuzzy, but I remember what he said and how he said it. Even though he's been gone for almost ten years now, I still can still see him like he was that day.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#4401 Post by mugenjohncel »

:shock: :shock: :shock: OMG! MY TWITTER ACCOUNT WAS SUSPENDED!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I swear I wasn't retweeting NSFW images of naked hunks to... oh wait!...

Upon further inspection it seems one of the apps connected to my twitter did something pretty malicious and I got dragged along with it so I'm still waiting for restoration and stuff but damn... I don't even use Facebook so screw them but Twitter was like my daily source of entertainment... 48 hours... BAH! OK I wait...

"POOF" (Disappears)

meiri
Regular
Projects: Tutor Tabitha, Movement
Organization: Blue Bottlecap Games

#4402 Post by meiri »

I'm just really tired and I think that's reason enough to be sad.
What's in a loop? A loop iterated in any other way would output as sweet.
--
Have a look at my GxG kinetic novel, Movement, if you have the chance?

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#4403 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

@breadslam: I could really relate to your late grandfather's words, thank you so much for sharing them. I have to plant them in my mind so that whenever something similar to this happens again, I won't be as messed up as right now.

Thank you again for all of the wishes everyone gave me, they mean so much, you have no idea. Now I just hope that my mom will feel better too. And God forbid me from crying every night for being so unprepared for my exams.

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#4404 Post by Hijiri »

This last week was nothing but bug fixes for my release. The odd thing is that the bugs never showed up during beta testing. The ride never ends!
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#4405 Post by curry nochi rice »

I'm a dilemma of replacing the icons I'm using with newer ones because... I can't find the original source. I mean I don't know who to attribute it to.
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#4406 Post by Morhighan »

My writing is really bare-bones and nondescript. I need to fix it, but it's hard. ;A;

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#4407 Post by MaiMai »

I've finally gotten the hang of crocheting after all these years, but it's also really, really distracting. I get lost in repetitive work.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Kate
Regular
Projects: Blackout
Organization: Moonlight Otome

#4408 Post by Kate »

Stress has been building up from a)still living with my family while going to college; b)school work and c) my job's hassles and requirements, which all built up and ended with me having a meltdown over losing my name tag for work earlier. It'll be embarrassing to ask my boss for ANOTHER name tag because i lost my second one. Not to mention the stress of not being able to remember where I put things, even when I KNOW I put them somewhere they should go/safely stored... I'm starting to realize I have had OCD tendencies for a while and I may actually have it and that may be the cause of my problems.
Current Project:
Blackout [VN][Romance][GxB][Mystery][Suspense] http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=34118
"It is the duty of authors to make the fantastic seem ordinary and the ordinary seem fantastic." - K. Auer

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#4409 Post by thebackup »

Couldn't sleep last night. Kept waking up in the middle of the night with stomach cramps. I seriously considered staying home from work, but I sucked it up and spent the entire day at work feeling sleepy (no cramps though). Gosh, that felt like working grave shift...

nebulaway
Regular
Organization: Magical Girl Tears
Tumblr: nebula-way
itch: basicbaka

#4410 Post by nebulaway »

i really wish i could stop being so shy and talk to people. i really want to get to know people and be friends with them but i always get so paranoid that they don't like me or find me annoying. it sucks. i wish i was over this. :'\
magical girl tears

current projects:
[ nothing (yet?) ]
always looking for a project to join as a writer!
please pm me if you'd like to collaborate with me!