Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
sei.chan

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#4861 Post by sei.chan »

I've always known my mom is pretty but the brother of my crush (they're twins) flirting with her.... makes me want to stomp his face =-= specially since he has the same face as my crush...it feels like he's flirting with her himself ....XD perhaps I'm exaggerating ....I wouldnt stomp on his face...at least I dont think so......

truefaiterman
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes of the Codex War. [ASH] The Seeds of Destruction
Projects: One Night of [SNOW], Stained with Magic
Deviantart: truefaiterman

#4862 Post by truefaiterman »

I've been kinda absent lately, and I will probaly keep it this way: My health has been just f***ing crazy.

First I had an accident where I damaged my leg. I got better.
The moment I get better, my throat starts hurting. I got better.
Then suddenly I get sick on something completely different and I need to go to the hospital. I got better.
Now that I'm fine the medicine I was taking caused me secondary effects, and now my mouth is screwed. I'm getting be-oh you know what's gonna happen.

I'm about to recover from that and my throat starts hurting again. Well F**K (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Artist and voice actor, trying to actually write stuff.

ArtStation portfolio
Youtube channel

Recent finished projects:

Image Image

Jate
Regular
Deviantart: Jate8D

#4863 Post by Jate »

Sorry to hear that. I'm the same way, when something goes wrong with me it inevitably leads to a cycle of further injuries/illnesses. Thankfully that hasn't happened in a while.

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#4864 Post by thebackup »

Kailoto wrote:What I don't understand is why they wouldn't issue a warning first. In all my years, across all sorts of forums, we've only ever banned someone without warning if they do something serious, like instigating a raid. 99% of bans were from people who were issued a warning and refused to comply, which strikes me as fair - since there were people who changed after getting their first warning. If I were them and lurking was a problem, I'd have issued a warning with a two week cooldown period, and if you hadn't stopped lurking by then, only then would I ban.
That's the thing. I mean, I just come back after a hiatus and decide to lurk a bit. And without warning the admin bans me for doing so. When I inquired via PM about it, I was greeted with a rather condescending message. He could've at least allow me to leave gracefully with a warning, on my own accord. But no, he decided to force me out without warning. Sure, the anti-lurking policy is understandable considering the forum is private, but the way he handled it is what pissed me off.

I've never met a forum admin who was such an f-ing prick before. Thankfully, I'm mostly over it by now.

Kailoto
Veteran
Completed: No VNs, but a few novels. :D
Projects: Artificial, Seven Deaths (inactive)

#4865 Post by Kailoto »

thebackup wrote:
Kailoto wrote:What I don't understand is why they wouldn't issue a warning first. In all my years, across all sorts of forums, we've only ever banned someone without warning if they do something serious, like instigating a raid. 99% of bans were from people who were issued a warning and refused to comply, which strikes me as fair - since there were people who changed after getting their first warning. If I were them and lurking was a problem, I'd have issued a warning with a two week cooldown period, and if you hadn't stopped lurking by then, only then would I ban.
That's the thing. I mean, I just come back after a hiatus and decide to lurk a bit. And without warning the admin bans me for doing so. When I inquired via PM about it, I was greeted with a rather condescending message. He could've at least allow me to leave gracefully with a warning, on my own accord. But no, he decided to force me out without warning. Sure, the anti-lurking policy is understandable considering the forum is private, but the way he handled it is what pissed me off.

I've never met a forum admin who was such an f-ing prick before. Thankfully, I'm mostly over it by now.
Yeah that's another thing I've noticed... private or "exclusive" forums tend to be led by megalomaniacs. In fact, any community that prioritizes "exclusivity" is usually hostile and capricious. I remember being a member of a forum about... less than kosher content, and one of the unwritten rules was to never talk back to the admins or talk shit about the forum or community. Someone from the group, a real nice guy too, made one sarcastically disparaging comment about the site on a completely different message board, and everyone decided to turn on him and burn him at the stake. Obviously it was just the owner and a bunch of suck-ups holding a crusade, but jeez.
Things I've Written:
Sakura (Novel, Self Published, 80,000+ words)
City and Girl (Novel, First Draft, 70,000+ words)
Loka (Novel, Third Draft, 120,000+ words)

A layabout writer and programmer with lots of problems and even more ideas. Hyped for Persona 5.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#4866 Post by Rinima »

thebackup wrote: I've never met a forum admin who was such an f-ing prick before. Thankfully, I'm mostly over it by now.
*pats back* Boy do I know those feels (funnily enough, the admin that banned me is another user on this site: I won't say who). You'll find another, friendly, forum to go to :)
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Kailoto
Veteran

#4867 Post by Kailoto »

So I lost my job! Yaaaaayyyyyyy... \o/

:\

Really though, I just got replaced by an actual marketing company, so I'm not too hurt over the fact. At least this gives me more time to write fiction.
Things I've Written:

A layabout writer and programmer with lots of problems and even more ideas. Hyped for Persona 5.

ZennyZenZen
Regular
Projects: Perfection Project
Deviantart: omgimawriter
Github: ZenNaari

#4868 Post by ZennyZenZen »

Gotten over social anxiety. I can leave the house now :D

And I got self-loathing again. Calling myself the worst human being on the planet. I'm a useless worthless piece of shit who's never gonna amount to anything.

But hey, at least I don't care what others think of me in the meantime.

Atomic-Invasion
Regular
Projects: Short Story, Project BEAT
Tumblr: atomicinvasion
Deviantart: atomic-invasion

#4869 Post by Atomic-Invasion »

4am in the morning and still finishing some projects for deadline.

But I want to work on my personal VN/game projects so bad now.

Must...work...for...money...

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#4870 Post by TsukiShima »

I'm forced to cut some ties with others.

Mostly, yeah, friends. I don't like it, but I realized that we have grown distance with each other. And with my overly sensitive issues, I am usually jealous of them. Just recently I decided to quit a group that we have formed together because of the problem stated, plus I feel like I am the only one who is working seriously. We are in a business group, thus I believe communication is important, even though we might goof around, it keeps us connected. And now that they even rarely chat with me, my emotions are a bit disturbed and so does my work. I guess that is why people don't like to mix friends with workmates. It's difficult when things get personal. Yet I thought your friends are the best coworkers. Shrugs.

ZennyZenZen
Regular
Projects: Perfection Project
Deviantart: omgimawriter
Github: ZenNaari

#4871 Post by ZennyZenZen »

@TsukiShima

Oh. I know how that feels. I think it's because I was that kid who moved out a lot, so I tend not to tie myself and cling to the past (with a few exceptions). My childhood best friend is being a stupid douchebag right now, I already visited him when he needed me. And he keeps saying he'll visit me, but he doesn't. So it's kinda like I cut him out.

Even people from highschool, I just don't care. Mom told me this story about how one of my seniors got into some money trouble and got pushed off a 9 story building for it. And I didn't flinch. I was just like, 'meh.' Because I don't care about those people no more.

I'm still figuring out how I make friends and stuff, I pretty much run up to people and call 'em bro.

~~~~ 8/7/15 ~~~~

I'm looking at myself in the mirror and I'm disgusted with what I see. I'm horrendous, horrifying, ugly, disgusting, repulsive. I'm so hideous I want to cry. I want to vomit at my own reflection.

Vegos

#4872 Post by Vegos »

I'm just in one of those phases when I don't have any clue what I want to do with my life, and the heat and subsequent insomnia (hard to sleep with this heat/humidity going on) are sapping my creative abilities. I usually weather such phases out just fine, but damn are they TEDIOUS.
"Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon."
~Susan Ertz

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#4873 Post by thebackup »

I just started the day rather badly!

I won't go into much detail, but let's just say that car accidents are no FUN. Had a "little" mishap while going to work that involved a motorcycle and another car... Considering that route I take to work every day is a windy mountain road, yeah, it's no surprise that accidents are a common occurrence on there.

I really hope that driver and the motorcyclist are okay. Yeah, they look fine to me, but again, I hope they're okay, can't stress that enough. I'm still feeling very shaken up by that incident as I type. *sigh*

Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

#4874 Post by Xerofit51 »

What's wrong with me? I've been feeling very moody lately. Like last night, going to karaoke with my friends made me really happy, and I was singing, laughing, having a blast. Then I went home,5 minutes later I'm crying and feeling sad like that karaoke didn't means anything despite it did since it's been a while since I've seen my friends. I've also tried to cut myself (nothing of suicidal intent, I'm still afraid of dying. just wanted to know how deep it would go I guess?)

I'm a bit scared...of how I feel actually. I don't live alone, I live with my parents, and see them everyday but I feel very lonely for some reason. I haven't see a psychiatrist, simply because I'm scared I guess? I don't know

Kailoto
Veteran

#4875 Post by Kailoto »

Xerofit51 wrote:What's wrong with me? I've been feeling very moody lately. Like last night, going to karaoke with my friends made me really happy, and I was singing, laughing, having a blast. Then I went home,5 minutes later I'm crying and feeling sad like that karaoke didn't means anything despite it did since it's been a while since I've seen my friends. I've also tried to cut myself (nothing of suicidal intent, I'm still afraid of dying. just wanted to know how deep it would go I guess?)

I'm a bit scared...of how I feel actually. I don't live alone, I live with my parents, and see them everyday but I feel very lonely for some reason. I haven't see a psychiatrist, simply because I'm scared I guess? I don't know
I usually find that as an introvert, going out and hanging with my friends will leave me feeling hollow and empty once I'm back to my normal lifestyle. I think it has to do with the fact that I'm very used to being solitary, and so those brief moments where I do feel a connection to others stand out as the exception. Once they end, I'm left with a feeling that everything is transient and that I won't be able to feel like that again for a while. It's a depressing thought to have, but it usually goes away with time and isn't dangerous as long as you stop it from spiraling out of control.

The thing about feeling alone is that it can happen even when you're surrounded by friends and family. Loneliness comes from having a cavity that isn't permanently filled, and it causes you to constantly crave something to displace the emptiness. It's also a simple fact of life and won't ever really go away; you just learn how to cope with it better as you get older.

My advice on psychiatry is to consider seeing a counselor or psychologist for at least a few sessions, provided you can afford it. A common misconception is that it's only for fixing problems, but that's not true; therapy is just as much a preventive measure as it is a remedy. Just going through a handful of appointments - no need to continue the therapy indefinitely unless you're still having trouble coping - is enough time for them to give you tools and insight that can help you manage your emotions. I've had to go through months of said appointments since mine was after the fact, but if you take the initiative and seek assistance, you'll have an easier time with it and I can assure you that it'll pay off in the long run.
Things I've Written: