Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Shinoki
Veteran
Completed: tender feelings like water, Follower A, Moon Archer Shooting Stars, Heart's Blight, from that moment she neglected the world
Projects: Pomegranate Fruit
itch: 4noki

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#4981 Post by Shinoki »

My ears are bleeding from trying to use that UTAU program thing. (figuratively)

It's not like anything particularly bad happened, it's just that... very high pitched noises actually kind of hurt--finally properly experiencing that after like so many years of being alive. Haha, I might be the type who is kind of like: eh, well, it's probably true, but gotta experience it to believe it.

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#4982 Post by MimirollCookie »

I'm playing at the arcade, I saw a cool racing game. I've put my token to the token slot, but I don't know where the start button is.
I saw two boys going towards the racing game I wanna play and they shouted "Look, a token in the game! The owner of this token must be stupid."
And they played the game. Honestly I wasted one token!!! :(

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran

#4983 Post by MimirollCookie »

Shinoki wrote:My ears are bleeding from trying to use that UTAU program thing. (figuratively)

It's not like anything particularly bad happened, it's just that... very high pitched noises actually kind of hurt--finally properly experiencing that after like so many years of being alive. Haha, I might be the type who is kind of like: eh, well, it's probably true, but gotta experience it to believe it.
That must've hurt.

wraithseeker
Github: wraithseeker

#4984 Post by wraithseeker »

Kimonolabs is shutting down their cloud based API and now I have to create my own cloud based API... What a pain in the ass.

RalphSenpai
Completed: Best Friends
Projects: Sweet and Spices (NaNo'16)

#4985 Post by RalphSenpai »

When Mimi snobbed me for days. (-__-)
BOOKS AND GAMES ARE LOVE!
Find our games here:

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran

#4986 Post by MimirollCookie »

RalphSenpai wrote:When Mimi snobbed me for days. (-__-)
^_^;

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#4987 Post by potouto »

Screams internally. Screams externally. Screams eternally.

yeah well | commission | website

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#4988 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Well, I don't know if this is the best place for what I'm about to post, but I doubt that creating my own thread is really necessary, so here goes:

I've been away for a while---much longer than I anticipated---in order to give myself a break and reorganize. Part of me feels bad for even posting about this because it sounds like I'm angling for attention (especially since I've popped in before, thinking I'd be back to participating fully by now), but I swear that's not my aim. I just wanted to use this space to process some thoughts. I hope that's okay.

I've been severely lacking in creative motivation of late, and probably energy in general, but I've found much inspiration in watching this year's NaNoRenO start . . . Thanks for setting the bar, everybody. I want to become a more disciplined and productive worker this year. I should get through my VN backlog, too.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#4989 Post by Caveat Lector »

Welcome back! :D
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

#4990 Post by Ghost of Crux »

I'm so exhausted by all aspects of social lives right now everything is just shouting
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#4991 Post by Mad Harlequin »

I know how that feels. Take care of yourself.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

#4992 Post by Xerofit51 »

So...I tried making Amplitude, which will be my first commercial game and I realize...it's hard. The stuff I do is same as my previous game, and those are actually easier since I don't have to learn everything from scratch like I did before, but what is hard is...I'm not sure if I can please the public anymore. I searched around and after a while I conclude that most people play visual novels for love, innocent girls, or 'R-18' stuff? I guess your usual, boy chase girl stuff and the girl oddly complies...and I'm not sure I can comply to that. It makes it hard because....I don't think people want something different, just something moe and stuff. Not all people do of course but...yeah...most.

Wish I can say screw that and just write VNs for fun again (which I still do while making my game), but I can't since it's for the public. I guess I should just....forget about the does it sell part and go with it I guess

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#4993 Post by Rinima »

So recently, I finished my 1st year of uni doing a nursing course. In nursing, you have to do placements. Right, so from the first day I met her, I knew I wouldn't get on with my mentor, she's snappy, short-tempered and very condescending. I went to uni to talk to them about it, they told me to keep my head down and keep going. Tried that, and she's failed me for my placement regardless (even though I know perfectly well that I'm at the right level, considering I was on with another student in the same cohort as me and we did things pretty much the same, and she passed). So now I have to prove I can do placement on my next placement (thank god it's somewhere different) and I know I'll pass, but it's completely knocked my confidence, caused me to get panic attacks, feel angry most of the time, and I don't feel like I'll ever be able to trust a mentor again as not only has she fucked me over in terms of pass/fail, but she's fucked my paperwork over as well (she hasn't filled in a single thing right, didn't follow any of the protocols for failing students, and didn't feel it was necessary to tell me I was failing until about a week before the assessment, giving me no time to improve). *sigh*

Some people just shouldn't be mentors.
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#4994 Post by Caveat Lector »

Xerofit51 wrote:Wish I can say screw that and just write VNs for fun again
So do it. Don't let what's "popular"/"trendy" stop you from making your VN what it is. Besides, you'd be amazed by how many people long for a breath of fresh air.
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

#4995 Post by infel »

Caveat Lector wrote:
Xerofit51 wrote:Wish I can say screw that and just write VNs for fun again
So do it. Don't let what's "popular"/"trendy" stop you from making your VN what it is. Besides, you'd be amazed by how many people long for a breath of fresh air.

I agree with this statement =D.
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512