Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#5011 Post by noeinan »

Morhighan wrote:I just took my boyfriend to the ER. He got a 5150, so he'll be held in a psych ward for 72 hours. Then they'll either release him or hold him up to 10 days. I'm really bad at being alone, so I'm not looking forward to this time apart.
I'm so sorry, support + hugs if wanted. :(
(Separating these by a divide because this was what I was originally going to post, but I couldn't remember if posting twice in a row was against the forum rules.)

Just venting on a personal note, here in my state we have seen a resurgence of a lot of anti-trans bigotry, and a hate group has been lobbying to remove anti-discrimination protections from us. I've been doing a lot of community work to protect these rights, but it's been a really hard battle.

Three of my trans friends who live in my town were assaulted in the months of Feb. and Mar. Just today, I was telling my partner about my week and I realized that I've had two trans friends hospitalized due to suicide attempts and another assaulted. Just in one week.

And the more depressing part of this realization was that my friends being assaulted and suicidal is so commonplace that this frequency doesn't even stand out anymore. I no longer feel surprised or shocked when I hear about these kinds of things happening to my friend, instead it's just "Oh, you too? We're here for you, you're not alone."

Like, I don't even bring it up to my therapist because it's every day. There are multiple discussions of suicide every day on my fb wall, and an assault happens at least once per week. It's so normalized to me, it's just like... this is my life now.

The greater publicity of all of these issues has just made things worse for our daily lives, because it hasn't been accompanied by increased acceptance + protections, so it's just hell. I don't even know how to deal with this anymore, I am so overwhelmed, all there is left is to just keep going forward, sending support when I can and fighting to keep the hate group out of power.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#5012 Post by Rinima »

And this is why I don't sing......
Seriously, who ever told my little bro it was alright to tell me off for something I enjoy and use as a self simulation and to make me cry is a twat.
And can go burn in hell.

Like seriously, I don't enjoy many things, this is something I enjoy and don't do very often (because for some odd reason the mere SOUND OF MY VOICE IS OFFENSIVE). I'm not allowed the laugh at jokes in films, I'm not allowed to talk at the dinner table (on the rare instance we all sit together), I'm not allowed to make jokes in rl or laugh in rl, I'm not allowed to talk about bad/good things that have happened to me on any given day, damn, I'm plain and simple just not allowed to talk.

Because you know, my feelings don't matter a damn jot.

EDIT: Sorry for taking up the thread, I'm in a bit of an emotional hell storm atm.
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#5013 Post by mugenjohncel »

It's... that time of the year again... might as well sing it...

♪Happy Birthday to me♫... Happy Birthday to me... ♫Happy Birthday... Happy Birthday... ♫Happy Birthday to me... :(

"POOF" (Disappears)

Quelcezot
Regular

#5014 Post by Quelcezot »

mugenjohncel wrote:It's... that time of the year again... might as well sing it...

♪Happy Birthday to me♫... Happy Birthday to me... ♫Happy Birthday... Happy Birthday... ♫Happy Birthday to me... :(

"POOF" (Disappears)
Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!
LOVE & PEACE

If two people talk long enough they can explain how they feel, maybe.

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#5015 Post by Lesleigh63 »

mugenjohncel wrote:It's... that time of the year again... might as well sing it...

"POOF" (Disappears)
Happy Birthday UncleMugen.

I noticed all those new backgrounds in the CC section - their lovely. Thanks for posting them.

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5016 Post by noeinan »

Happy Birthday, Uncle Mugen!

Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

#5017 Post by Xerofit51 »

Happy Birthday Uncle Mugen!!

B E A N
Regular
Projects: Secret Agenda, Maid Mansion
Organization: Hot Coffee Entertainment

#5018 Post by B E A N »

Why is that people don't even have the common courtesy to answer to a PM they receive, especially if that PM is a business request? I mean, no one has to work for me, but at least say no, guys!

MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least

#5019 Post by MomoiroGirl »

My life is currently standing still. So now I'm drunk and watching yaoi. Somehow this satisfies me and, yet, makes me feel guilty that I might be growing into an alcoholic...

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#5020 Post by Caveat Lector »

My heart goes out to the friends and family members of the victims of the Orlando shooting. Be safe.
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5021 Post by noeinan »

Grieving for those lost in the massacre. Honoring their memories.

http://fusion.net/story/313038/orlando- ... -massacre/

IsaiahKey
Projects: Debitum Naturae

#5022 Post by IsaiahKey »

I feel like I'm in a purposeless loop. I'm working every day, making my body hate me even more, and for what? Save up money to get my car tags renewed and my insurance back on (plus oil change, possibly a new battery, and inflating the tires since it's been nearly 10 months since I last drove it)...only to quit my job and move back to Alabama once it's in order and I have some savings.

I get a chance to finish my degree, but I didn't want to ever go back.

MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least

#5023 Post by MomoiroGirl »

For some reason quite a few people seemed to have forgotten it was my birthday yesterday. I'm not necessarily resentful, but it did make me kind of sad. It makes me feel even more alone and left out than I already do at the moment...

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5024 Post by noeinan »

After all the terrible shit that has happened in our community, I was really looking forward to Pride this year. But it was a horrible dumpsterfire.

Trans people were being misgendered left and right, one even was misgendered and deadnamed over microphone in front of the entire audience. Cis drag queens performed and made nasty jokes about trans women, the place was swarming with cops who harassed queers but didn't do anything about the "God Hates Fags" protesters, the folks running pride had a security force who also did nothing as the "God Hates Fags" protesters plowed into the queer/trans people of color picnic, and then the police came in and blamed the QTPOC for it even though the protesters were the ones who rammed into them.

One of the only QTPOC lead organizations had a float to honor those lost in Orlando, and a bunch of white people kept coming up and stepping on the shrine, stepping on the names of people who died, knocking shit over and taking selfies on it. They became furious and stopped the parade, flipped off the "God Hates Fags" protesters, talking about how this is a consistent problem and then the organizers started screaming at them. And then a bunch of white straight and queer people spent the rest of the day going up to harass them at their booth, telling them how it wasn't okay for them to stand up for themselves.

It was a horrible abomination and just the cherry on top of a parade of fucked up everything.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#5025 Post by Rinima »

daikiraikimi wrote:After all the terrible shit that has happened in our community, I was really looking forward to Pride this year. But it was a horrible dumpsterfire.

Trans people were being misgendered left and right, one even was misgendered and deadnamed over microphone in front of the entire audience. Cis drag queens performed and made nasty jokes about trans women, the place was swarming with cops who harassed queers but didn't do anything about the "God Hates Fags" protesters, the folks running pride had a security force who also did nothing as the "God Hates Fags" protesters plowed into the queer/trans people of color picnic, and then the police came in and blamed the QTPOC for it even though the protesters were the ones who rammed into them.

One of the only QTPOC lead organizations had a float to honor those lost in Orlando, and a bunch of white people kept coming up and stepping on the shrine, stepping on the names of people who died, knocking shit over and taking selfies on it. They became furious and stopped the parade, flipped off the "God Hates Fags" protesters, talking about how this is a consistent problem and then the organizers started screaming at them. And then a bunch of white straight and queer people spent the rest of the day going up to harass them at their booth, telling them how it wasn't okay for them to stand up for themselves.

It was a horrible abomination and just the cherry on top of a parade of fucked up everything.
Holy crap that sounds horrific. *sends hugs if you need them*
Pronouns: They/them or He/him