Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Message
Author
User avatar
noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1080
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:10 pm
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: daikiraikimi
Github: daikiraikimi
Location: Washington State, USA
Contact:

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#5026 Post by noeinan » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:38 pm

Rinima wrote:Holy crap that sounds horrific. *sends hugs if you need them*
The hugs are very much appreciated, thank you <3
Image

Image
Image

User avatar
Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1078
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:31 pm
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes
Location: England
Contact:

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#5027 Post by Rinima » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:38 pm

Welcome, we all need to stick together atm it seems <3

On a side note, my Aunt is a massive drama queen. She had us all thinking she had meningitis, obviously panicking us all, not to mention my poor cousin in law (who has just had a baby and has another child who is one) who took her children to see her before she told everyone she has meningitis. Turns out, the doctors told her that she's on the medication for meningitis is just a precaution. Aka, she turned a ear infection (granted, it's a rather nasty ear infection) into meningitis (and before anyone tells me I'm being mean - no. This woman is a pathological liar and has always made everything about her and didn't bother telling my cousin in law about this meningitis scare despite knowing she'd had kids around).
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

User avatar
Mama J
Regular
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 8:39 pm
Projects: An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer; Signed and Sealed with a Kiss
Organization: Anomalis
Tumblr: anomalis
Deviantart: anomalisgames
itch: anomalis-games
Location: Texas, United States
Contact:

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#5028 Post by Mama J » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:56 pm

Okay I desperately need to rant and THANK GOODNESS THIS FORUM IS HERE.

So, I'm going to college in the fall and my parents keep pestering me about changing my chosen major because they don't think I can be successful with it. (I want to be a Drama/Theatre major). This isn't the first time they talked to me about my career, though. My mom keeps saying, "Be a doctor!" "Get into business!" "Oh you'll never have a stable life" and "You can do all those things AFTER you get enough money" and blah blah blah. It's like ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS THE MONEY. And I want to tell them: "I want to do something that makes me happy. I could care less about the money I earn as long as I enjoy what I'm doing." But I feel like they're going to look at me like I'm stupid. I just don't understand why they just can't accept my decision and SUPPORT ME. That's what parents are supposed to do, right? Support their children and do what they can to make sure their dreams come true??? *sigh* I just sometimes want to scream at the top of my lungs "IT'S MY LIFE AND YOU DON'T AND WILL NOT CONTROL IT" but that will be bad because it'll give me a ticket straight back to the Philippines. I know they're disappointed in me, I can tell. Yes, I know being an actress isn't always a job where you make money every week. I get that. What they don't seem to get is that an actress isn't all I want to be? I also want to be an author, a YouTuber (yikes), and other things. Just as long as it's in the entertainment industry. They just need to start getting it through their heads that business or the medical field just isn't me.

I just wanted to get that off my chest. I find it better to talk to strangers about my problems for some reason. Thanks for listening.

User avatar
SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Posts: 2299
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:50 pm
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid
Location: NYC
Contact:

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#5029 Post by SundownKid » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:09 pm

Mama J wrote:Okay I desperately need to rant and THANK GOODNESS THIS FORUM IS HERE.

So, I'm going to college in the fall and my parents keep pestering me about changing my chosen major because they don't think I can be successful with it. (I want to be a Drama/Theatre major). This isn't the first time they talked to me about my career, though. My mom keeps saying, "Be a doctor!" "Get into business!" "Oh you'll never have a stable life" and "You can do all those things AFTER you get enough money" and blah blah blah. It's like ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS THE MONEY. And I want to tell them: "I want to do something that makes me happy. I could care less about the money I earn as long as I enjoy what I'm doing." But I feel like they're going to look at me like I'm stupid. I just don't understand why they just can't accept my decision and SUPPORT ME. That's what parents are supposed to do, right? Support their children and do what they can to make sure their dreams come true??? *sigh* I just sometimes want to scream at the top of my lungs "IT'S MY LIFE AND YOU DON'T AND WILL NOT CONTROL IT" but that will be bad because it'll give me a ticket straight back to the Philippines. I know they're disappointed in me, I can tell. Yes, I know being an actress isn't always a job where you make money every week. I get that. What they don't seem to get is that an actress isn't all I want to be? I also want to be an author, a YouTuber (yikes), and other things. Just as long as it's in the entertainment industry. They just need to start getting it through their heads that business or the medical field just isn't me.

I just wanted to get that off my chest. I find it better to talk to strangers about my problems for some reason. Thanks for listening.
If you look at it from the other side, they are (rightly) concerned that in the off chance you get a theater major and decide you dont want to be an actor, you will have no fallback position for a job. Supporting their children isnt necessarily just going along with whatever they want to do, because face it, literally everyone would like to be an author or Youtuber and be able to make a living and that's why it's so dangerous to bank your career on that. The less people know how to do a job the more lucrative it is.

Therefore you may be able to appease them by showing them that you don't just want to be a theater major as a flippant decision, but you are actively involved in the world of theater outside of academia. Get internships, do stuff that involves the potential to make a living before your college career ends, so that you dont get plopped out of college and have to be supported by them for the indefinite future.

User avatar
Mama J
Regular
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 8:39 pm
Projects: An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer; Signed and Sealed with a Kiss
Organization: Anomalis
Tumblr: anomalis
Deviantart: anomalisgames
itch: anomalis-games
Location: Texas, United States
Contact:

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#5030 Post by Mama J » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:16 pm

SundownKid wrote:
Mama J wrote:Okay I desperately need to rant and THANK GOODNESS THIS FORUM IS HERE.

So, I'm going to college in the fall and my parents keep pestering me about changing my chosen major because they don't think I can be successful with it. (I want to be a Drama/Theatre major). This isn't the first time they talked to me about my career, though. My mom keeps saying, "Be a doctor!" "Get into business!" "Oh you'll never have a stable life" and "You can do all those things AFTER you get enough money" and blah blah blah. It's like ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS THE MONEY. And I want to tell them: "I want to do something that makes me happy. I could care less about the money I earn as long as I enjoy what I'm doing." But I feel like they're going to look at me like I'm stupid. I just don't understand why they just can't accept my decision and SUPPORT ME. That's what parents are supposed to do, right? Support their children and do what they can to make sure their dreams come true??? *sigh* I just sometimes want to scream at the top of my lungs "IT'S MY LIFE AND YOU DON'T AND WILL NOT CONTROL IT" but that will be bad because it'll give me a ticket straight back to the Philippines. I know they're disappointed in me, I can tell. Yes, I know being an actress isn't always a job where you make money every week. I get that. What they don't seem to get is that an actress isn't all I want to be? I also want to be an author, a YouTuber (yikes), and other things. Just as long as it's in the entertainment industry. They just need to start getting it through their heads that business or the medical field just isn't me.

I just wanted to get that off my chest. I find it better to talk to strangers about my problems for some reason. Thanks for listening.
If you look at it from the other side, they are (rightly) concerned that in the off chance you get a theater major and decide you dont want to be an actor, you will have no fallback position for a job. Supporting their children isnt necessarily just going along with whatever they want to do, because face it, literally everyone would like to be an author or Youtuber and be able to make a living and that's why it's so dangerous to bank your career on that. The less people know how to do a job the more lucrative it is.

Therefore you may be able to appease them by showing them that you don't just want to be a theater major as a flippant decision, but you are actively involved in the world of theater outside of academia. Get internships, do stuff that involves the potential to make a living before your college career ends, so that you dont get plopped out of college and have to be supported by them for the indefinite future.
You have a great point. I just don't know what kind of fallback career I want. There's really nothing else I'm interested in (and that's bad, I know). The thing is, I've asked them several times to put me in Theatre Camps and classes and things like that but they always back out of it and I end up with no chance. They don't provide me with those opportunities to broaden my skill.

User avatar
AllegroDiRossi
Regular
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:42 pm
Tumblr: daroross
Deviantart: daroross
Location: New Mexico
Contact:

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#5031 Post by AllegroDiRossi » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:34 pm

Not sure if it's okay to post links in this, but I don't really want to put the whole thing in a single post and make everyone wade through it.

In which I talk about Orlando and how I am not alright.
Live Life Heroically

User avatar
infel
Veteran
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:26 pm
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames
Contact:

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#5032 Post by infel » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:04 am

AllegroDiRossi wrote:Not sure if it's okay to post links in this, but I don't really want to put the whole thing in a single post and make everyone wade through it.

In which I talk about Orlando and how I am not alright.

I just read your article. It was very touching yet sad though that you have to feel in such a way. I'm sorry your friend feels like this and that you yourself are so upset. I too was upset with the Orlando shooting....Today I saw an article with the faces of the people and I felt really sad. They looked so happy in those pictures but now not only are they gone, but their families are in deep pain. I pray for them and the people in your community. Keep fighting and be true to yourself. I know a lot of hard things are going on for the LGBTQ community, but you have my support. Let's hope together that this world be better and more open minded.
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

Image
A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512

User avatar
Shagwrath
Regular
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:08 pm
Projects: Shison L, Cosmic Raven
Organization: Progeny Gaming, LLC.
IRC Nick: Shagwrath
Deviantart: shawnbaybo
Location: St. Louis, MO. USA.
Contact:

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#5033 Post by Shagwrath » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:26 am

Gotta vent, just to get the rage out into keystrokes :P

Been working on my script for Cosmic Raven and I work a fulltime job also, so it takes longer to finish. Thought I could get it done in 2 drafts, and spend maybe a week or 2. I'm a month or more in and like draft 5 now. Started at about 1800 lines in my script.rpy, I'm at about 2700 lines now, just dialogue.

Overestimating my abilities and typos, my 2 greatest weaknesses.

I'm about 2/3's of the way through what I was 'certain' was my final draft and I notice a big problem that will have to cause me to have to go back and change a bunch of dialogue, adding probably another week. Gah, I will not be deterred!

I'm doing this for fun, and to learn, which I'm achieving but it just makes me hope the story will really be all the better for the time I put into it. Like I mentioned though I won't be deterred, it's still a long road ahead so I won't give up.
Image
Cosmic Raven - Episode 1
[KN][Comedy][Sci-Fi][Short][18+]

User avatar
Fungii
Veteran
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:47 am
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii
Location: England
Contact:

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#5034 Post by Fungii » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:54 pm

*Slides in* Look who's back again guyyysssssss *gunhands*

User avatar
MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:39 pm
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least
Contact:

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#5035 Post by MomoiroGirl » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:05 am

Fungii wrote:*Slides in* Look who's back again guyyysssssss *gunhands*
Completely off-topic, but I love your profile pic XD

User avatar
Fungii
Veteran
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:47 am
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii
Location: England
Contact:

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#5036 Post by Fungii » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:04 am

MomoiroGirl wrote:
Fungii wrote:*Slides in* Look who's back again guyyysssssss *gunhands*
Completely off-topic, but I love your profile pic XD
Thank you! It's prolly the best thing I'll ever draw.

User avatar
Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1005
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:03 pm
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Contact:

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#5037 Post by Hazel-Bun » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:08 pm

YESSS Fungii!

User avatar
Fungii
Veteran
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:47 am
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii
Location: England
Contact:

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#5038 Post by Fungii » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:23 pm

Hazel-Bun wrote:YESSS Fungii!
HELLO HERE I AM i finally moved house and im sad and broke forever

User avatar
hoihoisoi
Regular
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 4:47 am
Projects: The Lost Sheep Of Purgatory 「煉獄の亡羊」
Organization: House Of Duematrix
Tumblr: HouseOfDuematrix
Location: A Dark Cliff Overlooking The Moon
Contact:

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#5039 Post by hoihoisoi » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:52 pm

As much as I really like Zero Time Dilemma, out of the 3 in the series, I personally find it ending on a rather empty note. It's good through and through, the puzzles and the story, but just the ending was kinda a let down for me. Sadness. :/

THAT FULFILLMENT AFTER COMPLETING VIRTUE'S LAST REWARD CAN'T BE RECREATED I TELL YA! D:
Current Active Project:
Image
[Mystery, Comedy, Drama]
[Kinetic Novel]

Check it out by clicking on the siggy above!

User avatar
MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:39 pm
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least
Contact:

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#5040 Post by MomoiroGirl » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:37 pm

Fungii wrote:Thank you! It's prolly the best thing I'll ever draw.
Like the hot version of the Wario Bros XDD

-----

So I'm actually finally moving away from home. I just turned 23 and haven't moved away from home yet because of my mental health issues, so I have some mixed feelings. On one hand I'm happy I don't have to say "I live with my mom" anymore, if someone asks. But I'm also worried if I've gotten well enough to even be able to make it work. The place is super small too, but that's not the main issue. I'll be moving closer to my friends, too. But even so, I don't feel as if this makes me much closer to a normal life, as I thought when I decided to take the leap. I'm still a NEET on welfare and am not really making any major progress anymore. I really don't want to be forced to retire early.

I want to have a daily routine and meet people and afford to go on vacations. The past 2-3 years have been a blur of medication and staying at home. I can barely remember what has even happened during my treatment. I'm considering starting a diary to help keep track of what's happening, but I can barely think of what to write. Most days I just get up, eat, watch videos on youtube or anime, maybe draw. And then sleep again. It's worse because I live out on the country where none of my friends are and there's nothing to do (hence the me forcing myself to take the leap and move). But there's not that much more to do where I'm moving,but it's sure as hell better than out here.

I'm worried about my dad though. Both my sister and I are trying to move to Copenhagen or the surrounding area. And because of that, my mom is considering moving out there too, to be closer to us. But then my dad will be left out here 1,5-2 hours away by car. Out here alone in a retirement home, old, sick, probably lonely... It feels like no matter what action I take it's not the right decision. As if no matter what I do I'm always being a burden to my family. That's why I keep my friends in the dark to some degree about how I'm actually doing. Not lying to them of course, I just don't bring it up. But, yeah, nothing I do ever really seems to be enough. Some time ago my mom even indirectly admitted that she'd choose to not have me, if she could go back in time. I always kinda knew that at least some part of her felt that way, she's only human. But to not deny it or anything? Sometimes it's hard to keep finding reasons to live on other than by just distracting yourself.

It's also starting to bother me more and more that I've never been in a relationship (at least one after 3rd grade). I really feel like my youth is being wasted away. I'm at a point where I really do WANT to be in a relationship, but I don't ever meet anyone and I DON'T want to meet someone at a club. And dating sites don't do the trick for me. It's too staged. It feels unnatural for me, I can't get a proper idea of what someone's like until I meet them face to face. My sister tells me that I probably shouldn't be in a relationship while dealing with my mental health issues. I just think she doesn't get that I have to deal with it for the REST of my LIFE. SO, should I just, like, NEVER be in a relationship or what then? I'm DYING to feel love for someone. I feel so dead inside and lonely.

I get it when people say that there's nothing wrong with being single, and I agree. But I've NEVER- I repeat, NEVER- been in a relationship. I feel like I absolutely have the right to not wish to be single anymore. I've never been an obsessive relationship/guy hunter. I've always just relaxed and dealt with whatever life throws/doesn't throw at me. I feel like it's absolutely fair for me to really want to feel that unimaginable, close bond with someone. To just have someone that makes my heart beat. I haven't felt that for real since 2012 and that's also pretty much the only time I ever really loved someone. And nothing ever even happened between us. I feel like it's my time, but there's no one there. Ugh... Sorry for the long rant. I just feel kinda lost with all this stuff and these decisions going on...

SO, I guess, TL;DR:
Life sucks.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users