Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#4996 Post by Ghost of Crux »

Rinima wrote:So recently, I finished my 1st year of uni doing a nursing course. In nursing, you have to do placements. Right, so from the first day I met her, I knew I wouldn't get on with my mentor, she's snappy, short-tempered and very condescending. I went to uni to talk to them about it, they told me to keep my head down and keep going. Tried that, and she's failed me for my placement regardless (even though I know perfectly well that I'm at the right level, considering I was on with another student in the same cohort as me and we did things pretty much the same, and she passed). So now I have to prove I can do placement on my next placement (thank god it's somewhere different) and I know I'll pass, but it's completely knocked my confidence, caused me to get panic attacks, feel angry most of the time, and I don't feel like I'll ever be able to trust a mentor again as not only has she fucked me over in terms of pass/fail, but she's fucked my paperwork over as well (she hasn't filled in a single thing right, didn't follow any of the protocols for failing students, and didn't feel it was necessary to tell me I was failing until about a week before the assessment, giving me no time to improve). *sigh*

Some people just shouldn't be mentors.
HUGS SO HARD I want to punch your mentor very hard
I hope she gets in trouble for what she's done, but better yet, I hope your next steps will be easier.
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#4997 Post by Rinima »

Ghost of Crux wrote:
Rinima wrote:So recently, I finished my 1st year of uni doing a nursing course. In nursing, you have to do placements. Right, so from the first day I met her, I knew I wouldn't get on with my mentor, she's snappy, short-tempered and very condescending. I went to uni to talk to them about it, they told me to keep my head down and keep going. Tried that, and she's failed me for my placement regardless (even though I know perfectly well that I'm at the right level, considering I was on with another student in the same cohort as me and we did things pretty much the same, and she passed). So now I have to prove I can do placement on my next placement (thank god it's somewhere different) and I know I'll pass, but it's completely knocked my confidence, caused me to get panic attacks, feel angry most of the time, and I don't feel like I'll ever be able to trust a mentor again as not only has she fucked me over in terms of pass/fail, but she's fucked my paperwork over as well (she hasn't filled in a single thing right, didn't follow any of the protocols for failing students, and didn't feel it was necessary to tell me I was failing until about a week before the assessment, giving me no time to improve). *sigh*

Some people just shouldn't be mentors.
HUGS SO HARD I want to punch your mentor very hard
I hope she gets in trouble for what she's done, but better yet, I hope your next steps will be easier.
Thanks *hugs back* and I hope so as well, I'm already excited for it (surgical nursing looks really interesting and it's maybe an area I'd like to work in so we'll see ^.^ )
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

#4998 Post by Ghost of Crux »

Rinima wrote:Thanks *hugs back* and I hope so as well, I'm already excited for it (surgical nursing looks really interesting and it's maybe an area I'd like to work in so we'll see ^.^ )
Surgical nursing sounds amazing! Well. I certainly wouldn't go there, considering I went to as medical a field as I can without actually dealing with actual itty gritty, but it still sounds amazing :'D
I hope things go well for you!
...and may any paperwork that might come your way be solved easily.
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

audrenes
Regular
Projects: Phoenix, Swan Lake, Kiss Me X
Tumblr: ajmakesvns

#4999 Post by audrenes »

Ohhhh my Goooooooooooooooood, my portfolio for the AP Drawing exam is due next week and I still have 5 things to do (technically 4, if you count two pieces half way done as one.....) and I take a good amount of time working on my stuff. My art teacher is pretty picky on what we submit, so I've been stuck on one of them for more than a month now. I also have to do a paper for my psych class and study for my APUSH and AP Lang exam that's coming up in the first weeks of May.

After that, I have to do an online class for my foreign language credit. When I took my first online class, I zipped past it pretty quickly, but still though, I'm pretty worried I won't do well on it, especially since it's over the summer and I can't just hole myself up in the library to do work (the one nearest to me is not really in walking distance). And then I need to take the SAT for college plus pulling together applications for it next year while taking five AP classes.................. @_______@

While I really want to get stuff done, I can't get motivated enough to do them and it's just so frustrating I want to take a real break. This growing up nonsense is sucking up my energy... ∠( ´△` 」∠)_

Speaking of which, I really need to finish some stuff done right now, haha....................

MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least

#5000 Post by MomoiroGirl »

Ok, I honestly don't want to get political here or anything. But I'm GENUINELY upset and sick because Bernie Sanders didn't win New York. I wish I could do SOMETHING to support him, but as I'm not even American there's pretty much nothing I can do. I wish I could at least get a t-shirt from the merch store, but you have to be an American citizen or live in America to buy that... It's feels so odd to care THIS much about ANOTHER country's presidential election.

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#5001 Post by SundownKid »

MomoiroGirl wrote:Ok, I honestly don't want to get political here or anything. But I'm GENUINELY upset and sick because Bernie Sanders didn't win New York. I wish I could do SOMETHING to support him, but as I'm not even American there's pretty much nothing I can do. I wish I could at least get a t-shirt from the merch store, but you have to be an American citizen or live in America to buy that... It's feels so odd to care THIS much about ANOTHER country's presidential election.
I'm from New York, and my voting district (and actually, the entire area I live in) voted mainly for Sanders.

It seems however that he was unable to make any sort of inroads with the wealthy Manhattanites (predictable). Black and Hispanic voters also didn't go for him either.

MomoiroGirl
Veteran

#5002 Post by MomoiroGirl »

SundownKid wrote:I'm from New York, and my voting district (and actually, the entire area I live in) voted mainly for Sanders.

It seems however that he was unable to make any sort of inroads with the wealthy Manhattanites (predictable). Black and Hispanic voters also didn't go for him either.

That's one of the weirdest parts! Bernie-fucking-Sanders isn't getting many Black people's votes?! The guy who fought for desegregation since MLK! And the voting system itself is out of this world. Here in Denmark we can't even begin to wrap our minds around how the voting system in America has been tolerated for so long.

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#5003 Post by Caveat Lector »

Ok, I honestly don't want to get political here or anything. But I'm GENUINELY upset and sick because Bernie Sanders didn't win New York. I wish I could do SOMETHING to support him, but as I'm not even American there's pretty much nothing I can do.
Yeah, same. I'd vote for Sanders if I could, but seeing as how I lack American citizenship and am Canadian, not much I CAN do except go "good job, Bernie!".
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#5004 Post by PyTom »

Folks, politics is off-limits for the forum, because it's something that has been shown to get people very upset. (That's because politics tends to wander into areas where good people genuinely disagree on things.) So let's stop it - there are thousands of other places on the Internet where you can talk politics if you want.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

MomoiroGirl
Veteran

#5005 Post by MomoiroGirl »

PyTom wrote:Folks, politics is off-limits for the forum, because it's something that has been shown to get people very upset. (That's because politics tends to wander into areas where good people genuinely disagree on things.) So let's stop it - there are thousands of other places on the Internet where you can talk politics if you want.
I understand, I guess I just wanted to get it off my chest. I wasn't entirely sure if it was against the rules or not, I respect it though.

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#5006 Post by noeinan »

Every time I start having new symptoms I learn they're connected to the permanent disorder that I have, called POTS. It makes sense, because it's a disorder of the autonomic nervous system, which basically controls everything subconscious that your body takes care of for you, but at the same time it's like... Really POTS? You need to have your hand in *every* cookie jar. WTF.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#5007 Post by Rinima »

I really should just leave facebook. It pisses me off so much.

Like today, I was in a dyslexia support group -which I though would be a relatively safe space- and we were talking about an article that uses "they" as a pronoun. Now, I'm NB/agender. I use they/them as pronouns. Someone starts dising on they/them pronouns, and I respond by saying that actually, that's really offensive. The admins response? To remove my comment where I say that what the other people is saying is offensive and a bit of an attack on NB people. GAH. I give up, everyone is clearly a twat.

(I left that group, I refuse to be in a transphobic group)
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#5008 Post by Caveat Lector »

Ugh, that's crap. I'm really sorry to hear. *hugs* Hope you find a better safe space, and more understanding people.
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#5009 Post by Morhighan »

I just took my boyfriend to the ER. He got a 5150, so he'll be held in a psych ward for 72 hours. Then they'll either release him or hold him up to 10 days. I'm really bad at being alone, so I'm not looking forward to this time apart.

On a lighter note, the word "codependent" just reminds me of this:

firecat
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Unknowns Saga series
Projects: The Unknown Saga series
Tumblr: bigattck
Deviantart: bigattck
Soundcloud: bigattck-firecat

#5010 Post by firecat »

5009 replies, next up 10k

special thanks to nantoka.main.jp and iichan_lolbot