Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#2851 Post by papillon »

SundownKid wrote:
Yeah, I guess I have to be kept in a food padded cell. But it's a pretty good track record considering my lack of problems thus far.
Oh, no! The walls of this cell are padded with cakes!

I have a chipped tooth but nobody but me can tell. The circumstances were traumatic, though, I was afraid to eat for a while there. (It didn't break while eating, but once you become paranoid about your teeth... well, you know.)

kura-ou
Regular

#2852 Post by kura-ou »

Ah, I haven't posted for so long D:

This is my first time posting in this topic.

Well, besides college hammering me like it does every year, I've been sick for a month. Besides the occasional headache or cramp, I haven't had a sore throat/persistent cough for 3 years. (Doesn't help that 1/4 of every class has sick students crammed in a 60-person classroom.)

I basically lost a lot of time usually saved for finishing commissions and am now wondering whether or not to work on a stress-free piece of artwork of some kind before continuing. I've become a bit rusty these 3 months, so I'd rather go all-out on one piece to get my groove back before continuing my previous commissions.

Finals are this week, too, and I'm going to miss out on drawing an entry for another contest I wanted to enter ><;;; Also, textbooks will be expensive next quarter. What to do?!

It seems unfair to my commissioners that I'd start on other pieces just to relax and not work on theirs, however. But I'm really afraid of screwing up on something that someone paid me for .___. I have a moral dilemma at the moment.
my portfolio
=>my *FREE* sketch request thread<=

I am currently booked for May/June/July, but if you would like to buy my ANIMU MERCHANDISE and ADOPTABLES to give them good homes and help keep my college finances afloat over the summer, it would be greatly appreciated ;w;

Kuroneko_rg
Veteran
Projects: Dark Pleasures, Kiss of Blood, Midnight Park
Organization: Black Cat Alleyway

#2853 Post by Kuroneko_rg »

I've lost the whole past week and a few more days attending some issues I had to take care off.
As a result, my NaNoRenO project lost that time of development. At this point it will be impossible
for me to finish it on my own so I decided to leave that story for another time and make a much shorter one.
I've spent the night writing a short story and hopefully I'll be able to finish it in the time I have now.

Today I had to go out and buy some clothes because what I have is already falling apart. I never liked
fashion and after checking several stores I like it even less. Whenever I managed to find something I liked
it was way beyond my very limited budget so I had one hell of a morning just buying a few things I can use.
To make things worst, I realized today I gained a significant amount of weight since the last time I went shopping orz.

As a plus fact, I'm having problems to go out. I believe I'm starting to develop agoraphobia. I better start spending less time at home
because going out is getting harder and harder to me.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#2854 Post by azureXtwilight »

I can't believe that people are getting bullied for such a simple reason.

My aunt raised me ever since I was a kid, so it's no wonder she is worried about me. She sometimes ask my friend who went with me when I'm away to check where I am, and my phone sometimes died due to battery. They don't like that.

That's why they all ganged on me.

At first it was just a simple indirect message.

Called me a small girl who couldn't take care of myself, using excuses that I was being mean to one of them even though I said nothing bad about him and was mad because she doesn't allow me to go with them to their stupid karaoke.

All those accusations came from one simple thing,

All the attention my own aunt gave me, because she was worried.

What kind of friends was that? This is a freaking university. I am responsible with what I do. They should at least tell it nicely, not gang up to me and send bad messages through celllphones.

vividXP
Regular
Projects: "Almost There" (NanoReno '14)

#2855 Post by vividXP »

And these are university students? People need to grow up and get over themselves. Or you have to get over the people who are acting so juvenile. There are better things to do I think.
-------------
Unrelated, I am always amazed about how much contempt people have for the athletes that entertain them. Getting in a "should college student athletes be paid" argument and I'm shocked at how many people believe that the school can make millions, the coaches can make millions, but the students getting paid is a travesty.
vividxp.tumblr.com
Wọn ṣe bí òtòṣì ò gbọn bí ọlọrò; wón ní ì bá gbón ì bá lówó lọwọ / People think the poor person lacks the wisdom the wealthy person has; they say if one had wisdom, one would be rich

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#2856 Post by Hijiri »

azureXtwilight wrote:I can't believe that people are getting bullied for such a simple reason.

My aunt raised me ever since I was a kid, so it's no wonder she is worried about me. She sometimes ask my friend who went with me when I'm away to check where I am, and my phone sometimes died due to battery. They don't like that.

Called me a small girl who couldn't take care of myself, using excuses that I was being mean to one of them even though I said nothing bad about him and was mad because she doesn't allow me to go with them to their stupid karaoke.

What kind of friends was that? This is a freaking university. I am responsible with what I do. They should at least tell it nicely, not gang up to me and send bad messages through celllphones.
People like that are usually jealous of the affection one gets from their family mostly because their own family probably doesn't care about them. But yeah, that sucks. :/ Don't let them get you down though.
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

kura-ou
Regular

#2857 Post by kura-ou »

azureXtwilight wrote:I can't believe that people are getting bullied for such a simple reason.

I agree with Hijiri. You definitely shouldn't let them affect your emotional well-being. It's okay if you're loved by family. I find it petty that your friends would blame that on you. Whether you're loved or not, you can always find ways to share that respect, compassion, and caring if you're a really selfless person. By attacking you, these friends of yours basically showed their true colors, I'd think.

I do wish that things calm down a bit and that you can move on. Maybe it's possible for these friends to change for the better once they realize these mistakes, or maybe you can move on and make better friends that actually respect you and your family.

Good luck, Hijiri.
my portfolio
=>my *FREE* sketch request thread<=

I am currently booked for May/June/July, but if you would like to buy my ANIMU MERCHANDISE and ADOPTABLES to give them good homes and help keep my college finances afloat over the summer, it would be greatly appreciated ;w;

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#2858 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thank you, everyone. I really wanted to tell someone about it, but they said I can't tell anyone.
So here I am telling you guys because I'm sure they can't find me here.

ThisIsNoName
Veteran

#2859 Post by ThisIsNoName »

azureXtwilight wrote:Thank you, everyone. I really wanted to tell someone about it, but they said I can't tell anyone.
So here I am telling you guys because I'm sure they can't find me here.
Just remember, one of the awesome things about going to college instead of high school is that they have usually have systems upon systems to prevent and stop harassment. I'm sure any one of your teachers would be more than happy to show you who to talk to if you do want to go through a formal process.

That being said, honestly, if they're just teasing you about it instead of being genuinely mean-spirited, it might be easier to just brush it off. Sometimes when people are faced with a situation they don't understand, their first instinct is to tease them. Maybe just explain to your friends why your aunt wants to check up on you.

A lot of it is knowing when people are being mean to you because they want to be mean to you, and when they're just picking on you because you're their friend, and that's something that comes with experience.

From what you've posted (especially if you're afraid to tell anyone), I would go through the formal channels and let the school handle it. There's no reason you should be afraid of anyone on campus, especially not of your "friends".

klonki
Regular
Projects: Her Majesty!
Organization: skyline+

#2860 Post by klonki »

@Azure Coming from an overprotective family, I could pretty much relate to the constant calls from the fam, so it's hardly your fault at all. If your friends are saying those things to you in a mean way, then it might be better to distance yourself away from them. I don't think real friends would do such things in the first place.

I hope things will get better for you though...

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#2861 Post by Lishy »

CISPA is back.
-

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#2862 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

Lishy wrote:CISPA is back.
Dammit. I guess it's no surprise. The U.S. government recently stated it's willing to launch cyber attacks against enemies, so it looks like they plan to prevent the same from happening to them by playing Big Brother with the Internet.

Why must the future be so damn Orwellian? :(

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#2863 Post by Lishy »

LateWhiteRabbit wrote:
Lishy wrote:CISPA is back.
Dammit. I guess it's no surprise. The U.S. government recently stated it's willing to launch cyber attacks against enemies, so it looks like they plan to prevent the same from happening to them by playing Big Brother with the Internet.

Why must the future be so damn Orwellian? :(
I don't want to get too political in this thread, but I will say this: The security of Whitehouse.gov has nothing to do whatsoever with renai.us. As the websites are unrelated, it's none of their damn business about our security!

We might as well mandate that the Federal Government place armed TSA guards outside every Walmart who pat us down each time we enter and leave the store, because this is the equivalent to that!

Though is this really a political matter? I don't know one person who actually supports CISPA.
-

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Tempestus Sum
Organization: Xenokos Interactive
IRC Nick: Gear

#2864 Post by Gear »

Big businesses who want to stop piracy support it, like the MPAA, and the RIAA. And they have a lot of money to throw at it.

Meanwhile, I finally got the next few months of my life in order. College in the summer, a trip to my hometown in April to get some VN stuff done and a cosplay for A-Kon in June. Everything seemed great until...I got offered a really good job. Now, IF I get it...things are just complicated right now, given the job is thirty miles away (one way), and Houston is terrible for traffic. Plus, if I want to get this job, I have to bumrush the National Registry of EMTs to get re-certified quickfastinahurry, and if I don't get it, I'll be severely unhappy. This is like a dream job for me. So...stress.
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#2865 Post by Lishy »

Gear wrote:Big businesses who want to stop piracy support it, like the MPAA, and the RIAA. And they have a lot of money to throw at it.
Well we don't need CISPA for me to tell any politician who puts corporations before his constituents to go fuck himself! ;)
-