Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#4381 Post by noeinan »

Warning for mentioning some dark stuff, including violence against animals and sexual violence.

Recently have been attending therapy sessions, and was diagnosed with PTSD. The method we're using to help with this includes talking in very great detail about certain traumatic events of my life (an animal being tortured in front of me, being raped, etc.) The idea is, I learn to talk about the incidents while separating the feelings I have about them, and if I do that then I will not be as impacted in my daily life.

The only problem with this is that my subconscious apparently deals with this stress in ways that immediately make my life very difficult. I have recently started having panic attacks in crowded places (a problem I haven't had in over 6 years), I have been having horrible night terrors which launch me into flashbacks, shaking, and generally not being okay for the whole rest of the day.

This, combined with my chronic illness, means I have missed a a good deal of work. My job is a part time job, and the reason I have it is because they have a very flexible schedule in that regard. But I can't help but feel horrible about myself-- last year when I worked there (in a different position) I was literally the best worker in my group. I got awards for my great sense of professionalism, I was put in a position to train and manage new employees, and my boss (different boss than now) gifted me his legacy screwdriver that his mentor gave him.

Missing work so much, I feel like I'm letting all of that down, and letting myself down. At the same time, I feel sick and in pain almost all the time-- and it's hard to keep my spirits up when I'm constantly having very graphic/emotional night terrors (ex. my rapist torturing me with an box-cutter-- didn't actually happen, but still horrible to experience in a dream.)

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#4382 Post by MaiMai »

I hope that continued therapy sessions can help you daikiraikimi. You don't deserve to be in such a dark place right now and I hope you get support from people you trust in your life as well.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#4383 Post by noeinan »

Thanks, MaiMai. :) I'm very lucky to have people who care about me, and who are helping me work through this. It's just hard when it's not something that will just get better, and when it's been going on for years it causes a lot of stress and pressure on them as well. It would be easier if it was a cold or flu that would just go away in a few days and not come back, haha. But still chugging along, as one of my friends would say "inch towards daylight."

AoyamaReika
Completed: boy, Cafe Memoria, EVOLVEd : Echoes of the Codex War, To Kill A Black Swan
Projects: Lucid9, Mohanad and Kim, One Night Of [Snow], When the Bells Toll
Organization: Fallen Snow Studios, PaperDoor Studios
IRC Nick: Reika_K
Tumblr: wreckless-reika
Deviantart: aoyamareika
Github: aoyamareika
Soundcloud: ai-reika-k

#4384 Post by AoyamaReika »

The last thing I wanted to see today was one of my artists' art reposted in this Facebook page without credits, and without information about the art whatsoever. My artist made that art to promote our project and now it has been reposted without credits. I have messaged the page behind it and they are being pretty stubborn about it. Some of my members and I commented on the photo itself, letting people know what the art was intended to be for. Unfortunately, the page itself took our comments down. Right now, we have reported the photo to Facebook and are hoping for a positive action.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#4385 Post by fleet »

AoyamaReika wrote:The last thing I wanted to see today was one of my artists' art reposted in this Facebook page without credits, and without information about the art whatsoever. My artist made that art to promote our project and now it has been reposted without credits. I have messaged the page behind it and they are being pretty stubborn about it. Some of my members and I commented on the photo itself, letting people know what the art was intended to be for. Unfortunately, the page itself took our comments down. Right now, we have reported the photo to Facebook and are hoping for a positive action.

Notify the internet service provider, and tell them you issued a take down notice take the web site owners ignored.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#4386 Post by SusanTheCat »

I was diagnosed last week with breast cancer two weeks ago. They had found the cancer in a lump in my shoulder.

They did another biopsy last week to see if they could find the primary site. Still no results yet.

:(

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

pocoscon
Regular
Projects: Black Lotus(Hitatus), Lethal Love,

#4387 Post by pocoscon »

SusanTheCat wrote:I was diagnosed last week with breast cancer two weeks ago. They had found the cancer in a lump in my shoulder.

They did another biopsy last week to see if they could find the primary site. Still no results yet.

Susan
I'm so sorry about that :( . My prayers are with you. Please take it easy during this tough time :cry:
Black Lotus(A work in progress)- (BxB,Horror,Thriller,Fantasy) Tells the story of a boy who must save his home and friends from dangerous creatures known as the Tainted. http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=28588

Catching the Sun(A work in progress)- (GxG,Slice of Life,Friendship,Drama)

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=29404

MaiMai
Yandere

#4388 Post by MaiMai »

I've had my Wacom Intuos for about a month... and now I want the Huion Pro. Curse me and my unnecessary pining for unnecessary tools! (But those 2048 levels of pressure for only a fraction of the price TAT)

Rossfellow
Veteran
Projects: Sedatophobia
Organization: Team 3Edgy
Deviantart: l-rossfellow

#4389 Post by Rossfellow »

I just lost three hours of photoshop work. There is a harsh lesson to be learned here.
ImageImage
Sedatophobia (latin SedatoPhobia)
___(n) 1: The averse reaction to stillness, silence and/or state of helplessness.
______2: (Psychology) A state of distress where the victim's sense of reality can no longer keep up with his or her imagination.
______Related: Madness, Paranoia, Despair

xavimat
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Yeshua, Jesus Life, Cops&Robbers
Projects: Fear&Love
Organization: Pilgrim Creations
Github: xavi-mat
itch: pilgrimcreations
Discord: xavimat

#4390 Post by xavimat »

SusanTheCat wrote:I was diagnosed last week with breast cancer two weeks ago. They had found the cancer in a lump in my shoulder.

Susan
Also my prayers are with you. I'm so sorry. :(
Comunidad Ren'Py en español: ¡Únete a nuestro Discord!
Rhaier Kingdom A Ren'Py Multiplayer Adventure Visual Novel.
Cops&Robbers A two-player experiment | Fear&Love Why can't we say I love you?
Honest Critique (Avatar made with Chibi Maker by ~gen8)

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#4391 Post by curry nochi rice »

Susan
I hope you will be able to push past that challenge.

In an extraordinary stroke of bad luck, I will be going to my country's capital this month. I don't know but I feel rather safer in this backwater hometown of mine than in the capital. Heck ever since my last visit I've been despising the idea of ever visiting again.

I hope I won't be offline for a whole week. That's too big chunk of time taken off production. Not to mention it's smacked right at the enrollment for second semester.

But being offline means I can work on things like script and more stat algorithms. Welp, I'll probably bring my notebooks, and calculator along with me.

Ughhhh I really don't want to go.
Last edited by curry nochi rice on Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#4392 Post by try10 »

Same for me. I live in a small town and I have to go to the capital every week because of some classes. Even If in my town is hard to find a good job and stuff, I feel way safer there... I have a few weeks left and I'll Be free. It doesn't help that I'm not good with crowded places and people...

MaiMai
Yandere

#4393 Post by MaiMai »

Update: Yeah, the Huion was a disappointment, the drivers are confusing and despite the 2048 levels of pressure, either I'm too used to working half of that or I honestly did not like the feel of the pen. Pressure/pen sensitivity didn't even work for Manga Studio 5 or Photoshop CS6.

Only good thing out of this is that I can return it and get refunded.

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#4394 Post by Morhighan »

MaiMai wrote:Update: Yeah, the Huion was a disappointment, the drivers are confusing and despite the 2048 levels of pressure, either I'm too used to working half of that or I honestly did not like the feel of the pen. Pressure/pen sensitivity didn't even work for Manga Studio 5 or Photoshop CS6.

Only good thing out of this is that I can return it and get refunded.
That's good to know about the Huion. I'm shopping around and I have my eye on one of the MonoPrice tablets, which has the screen directly on the tablet, but I also need the money for other stuff.
I'm glad you can refund it.

----

In other news, I downgraded my computer to Windows 7, which has been great, but typing on it is really weird now because my touch pad keeps acting annoying.

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#4395 Post by Caveat Lector »

Seems like the problems on this page are especially bad. I hope you all find some shred of happiness. :(

Sometimes, I want to reply directly to someone's problem, but I don't know what to say and don't want it to come off as insensitive by accident, so I end up saying nothing.
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete