Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#16 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

At work, some people have asked me to do artwork for an avatar building app. About geeks. These people understand neither games nor geeks :/ (Seriously, their definition only extends as far as Star Wars, Harry Potter and tech stuff...)

Plus, one of them keeps wanting me to make the girl avatar girly by putting her in a skirt. I will not force someone to create an avatar in a skirt 'because that is what girls do'. She shall have cool pants like the guy one. Either that or I give the guy a skirt.

I am past the point of trying to explain things and stopping them from insulting pretty much anyone who self-identifies as a geek and I'm just going to draw the damn objects >_>

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#17 Post by Mink »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:Either that or I give the guy a skirt.
I vote for this idea.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#18 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

I've always wanted to try wearing a skirt...
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG

#19 Post by Mink »

Don't try it on a windy day, it'll only lead to embarrassment.

Of course the one day I decided to wear a skirt (rather than dress pants, like I normally do) for something is when it decided to be cold/windy and I didn't have time to go change. OF. COURSE.

*Website, yo*

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#20 Post by DaFool »

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to Playstation Network (Sony Entertainment Network) recently? I keep getting different error codes (high traffic, downtime, cannot connect) but every once in a while I get an error code that's more related to the PS3 device (such as needing to power it off). I tried different settings but it always Failed at the upload/download speed test even when it does manage to shake hands with PSN. I tried what other people suggested and turned off media servers. I rebooted the router and even changed the access keys and still no success.

I'm starting to get pissed. I can't waste anymore time on troubleshooting this since I have a video to make and projects to do and I was hoping to squeeze time to play Journey since people say it's short (2hrs) but worth it.

The only reports of PSN downtime I read are from a week ago. But can anyone else confirm current troubles?

silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

#21 Post by silenteve »

The PS3 network logged me out of their system so I figured it was a glitch or something. When I tried to log back in recently, they wouldn't accept my password 0-0
So...I'm stuck right now and I can't get back in T-T
My DeviantArt / Le Tumblr Development Blog
Current Projects:Forgotten and Remembered & Scarecrow
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D

SorikaMosai

#22 Post by SorikaMosai »

Uhhhhhhhh. So I see everyone's doing their thing. Lemme try my little thing out...

Ahem. Testing, testing- one- two- three- Alrighty!

I'm of the female variety. But to blind people - or people to that don't have never looked at me and/or are turned around - I'm a guy. Thanks a lot. Literally, I've had this blind guy- of whom my dad was friends with -think I was some man.

He was all, "Is this your eldest son?"

In my head: Do I sound like a pubertized-teenaged-boy to you?! But I managed to control my horror and rage, instead grinding out, "...I'm his daughter."

Don't get me wrong, he was really nice and polite about it afterward - he apologized profusely - but that doesn't change the fact that I totally realized that I might have a man-voice. I've listened to myself after recording and I sound so much like a dude. That, or I've just deluded myself into thinking that after the second time it happened. It was a woman that time, when I tapped her shoulder and asked for some help about something I can't even remember anymore. I'm only relieved that she realized that I was a girl when she saw my face.

That locked down two things: Man-voice, maybe. Man-face, most likely not.

Now, my voice'll probably never change - that is, unless I start smoking (which will never happen, bee-tee-double-you) - so I'm stuck with it. Let's hope that... Yeah. There's really nothing to hope. Cross my fingers and see if no one else does the same thing as those two have.

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#23 Post by Sapphi »

Awww... :( *hugs*

I know it's no consolation, but there's probably a big opportunity waiting for you in voice acting. I mean, just look at all the roles Megumi Ogata landed because she can sound like a boy!
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran

#24 Post by Mink »

I'd rather sound like a boy than get what I tend to get: "Why is your voice so weird?" Because fuck you, that's why. Probably doesn't help I have a sort flat, monotone way of speaking. 8| I don't know, it's also sort of deep, which probably doesn't help it's apparent weirdness.

*Website, yo*

Nejisa
Regular
Projects: Third Eye

#25 Post by Nejisa »

Well~

Esto va para mi mamá, los familiares de mi mamá y mi papá, muchos de mis conocidos y la gente que me acaba de conocer: yo trabajo en lo que me da la gana y estudio lo que me da la gana. Si quiero meterme en un cuarto a leer libros o a perder el tiempo jugando videojuegos en vez de ir a tomar cerveza con ustedes o andar de puta por ahí como algunas que conozco, pues lo hago y ya está. Y me vale lo que piensen. Si quiere una hija modelo, que salga en revistas, en televisión, y a la que todo el mundo le diga "lo buena que está", pues vayan y tengan otra hija o amarguenle la vida a otra persona, porque a mi ya no me joden más. ME TIENEN HARTA.

Ya está. Lo dije.

Sorry if it is not appropriate to say it in here. But, mehh~~

Bye~

Maltagliati
Regular
Projects: Lotus, Driftwood

#26 Post by Maltagliati »

It's okay. I also have a deep voice (even though I'm a girl). Which leads to some people thinking I'm a boy. 8| Like I was talking to my aunt over the phone and the whole time she thought I was my brother. It's even worse when I hear in on video in some school projects.

SorikaMosai

#27 Post by SorikaMosai »

@Sapphi: [/returns hug] OTL. Maybe. I'd probably take more yaoi roles, though. [/lols] Or not. I don't need my parents on my back about that.

@Mink: 8D Wanna switch voices?

@Maltagliati: Ohmaigosh. Yes. School projects and listening to my own voice. I feel so embarrassed when I hear it over again since I swear that I sound like some sort of man. I remember in my old high school when I felt so self-conscious that I didn't do an entire block of a project that involved recording my own voice. I didn't mind that I got a lower grade as long as I didn't have to listen to myself. [/wow, I didn't even realize how embarrassed I was until now]

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#28 Post by SilverxBlue »

I just moved to my grandmother's place, since my father's first/legal/whatever-the-hell-she-is wife is already fuming because I've been living in her household for five years and she desperately wants me to get the fuck out since she sees me as some sort of "connection" between my mother and father who are already DIVORCED for ten fucking years.

My grandma's place is nice all and all, fresh air, but the problem is... it's too rural and too country for my tastes. A city girl like me who has been so used to having technology surround her, is already going mad.

I do my laundry without the aid of a washing machine and I have to get the water I'll use for washing and bathing in a well, there's no TV cable and I can only watch the local channels on TV.

All of those is fine by me, really, but what irked me off the most is it is not possible to have a proper internet connection in this technology-forsaken place. I had to use a broadband, but apparently, its speed can only go as high as 45kbps and I can't go online on skype and it takes me one fucking hour to upload a 735kb sized script and six fucking hours to download a small-sized Visual Novel. And to make matters worse, the nearest internet cafe/urban area is a one hour drive from here! D:

And then there's another thing that irks me here, I'm probably the tallest girl here in the village/barrio and every time I walk out of the house to buy something, almost everyone gapes at me and say things like "Kalaki eh." Translation: She's so big! or "Sino ba ang napakatangkad na babaeng, ere?" Translation: Who is this really tall girl over here?

Okay, I know I'm tall and I've given up on insisting that 5'8" is considered average in other countries, but I don't appreciate people gawking at me like I'm some sort of freak-show. When I lived in the city, only a few people have told me "Wow. You're tall." but after an hour, they GET OVER IT and treat me like a normal human being.

Then last, I know this is a bit irrelevant, but I've been eating nothing but fish. Why just the other night, I got so sick and tired of seeing fried fish for dinner that I shouted "Fish are friends not food!" and what did I get? My grandmother hits me in the head and tells me to go swim with my friends in the sea.

Sorry for the long rant. ^^;
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#29 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

SilverxBlue wrote:I just moved to my grandmother's place, since my father's first/legal/whatever-the-hell-she-is wife is already fuming because I've been living in her household for five years and she desperately wants me to get the fuck out since she sees me as some sort of "connection" between my mother and father who are already DIVORCED for ten fucking years.

My grandma's place is nice all and all, fresh air, but the problem is... it's too rural and too country for my tastes. A city girl like me who has been so used to having technology surround her, is already going mad.

I do my laundry without the aid of a washing machine and I have to get the water I'll use for washing and bathing in a well, there's no TV cable and I can only watch the local channels on TV.

All of those is fine by me, really, but what irked me off the most is it is not possible to have a proper internet connection in this technology-forsaken place. I had to use a broadband, but apparently, its speed can only go as high as 45kbps and I can't go online on skype and it takes me one fucking hour to upload a 735kb sized script and six fucking hours to download a small-sized Visual Novel. And to make matters worse, the nearest internet cafe/urban area is a one hour drive from here! D:

And then there's another thing that irks me here, I'm probably the tallest girl here in the village/barrio and every time I walk out of the house to buy something, almost everyone gapes at me and say things like "Kalaki eh." Translation: She's so big! or "Sino ba ang napakatangkad na babaeng, ere?" Translation: Who is this really tall girl over here?

Okay, I know I'm tall and I've given up on insisting that 5'8" is considered average in other countries, but I don't appreciate people gawking at me like I'm some sort of freak-show. When I lived in the city, only a few people have told me "Wow. You're tall." but after an hour, they GET OVER IT and treat me like a normal human being.

Then last, I know this is a bit irrelevant, but I've been eating nothing but fish. Why just the other night, I got so sick and tired of seeing fried fish for dinner that I shouted "Fish are friends not food!" and what did I get? My grandmother hits me in the head and tells me to go swim with my friends in the sea.

Sorry for the long rant. ^^;
Holy bejebbus o.O You have my sympathy. I grew up in the country but, well, we had washing machines. And water pipes. I guess it's going to be important for you to move out one day?

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#30 Post by SilverxBlue »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:Holy bejebbus o.O You have my sympathy. I grew up in the country but, well, we had washing machines. And water pipes. I guess it's going to be important for you to move out one day?
I know right... This place is like one of those old-fashioned provinces. >_> I've been wanting to move out on my first week, but unfortunately I have to wait five more months 'til I turn eighteen. Though I've been hoping that I'll finally be able to attend college in the city and live in a dormitory or boarding house on June.
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!