Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#4711 Post by Akitsuki »

Simply. tired. of. going. to. school. But for the sake of entering university I--must--go--

//and I really hope my bad habit of procrastinating could go away like poof

Smudgeed
Regular
itch: smud

#4712 Post by Smudgeed »

What an interesting thread, I can't believe I've only just come across this!

My little blunder is that yesterday....I printed off my script. My script. For my game. All of it. So much wasted paper.

In my defense it was dark and the "print" button is right beside the "save" button! And it was late. I just hit "ok" without thinking. And my dumb, tired self didn't think that I should have stopped the printer or removed the printer paper. Nope. Instead, I simply began pulling out the paper as it was printing wondering why the hell it wouldn't just stop. I think I may have broken my printer with all the pulling I was doing.....RIP printer.

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#4713 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

I can't believe it, just when I helped my mom baking some cakes today like usual
I stirred that cheese cream when suddenly the stove blown up and some of the fire actually burned my toes and my wrist
the fire licked my thigh and calf, but thank God it didn't got burn like my toes orz and my house didn't get on fire, and my mom is nowhere near that stove //shivers
All in all... the cake is saved, my house and my mom is okay :"

Squid
Regular

#4714 Post by Squid »

HOLY FUCK!

What in the depths of Hades made your stove burst in flames?

kisa
Veteran
Completed: Brother Rose, Dogs Alone
Projects: So many projects, I can't name them.
Deviantart: tsubasafan135
itch: kisa

#4715 Post by kisa »

All my computer needs is a screen... Simple, yeah?
I'm getting money through commissions to get a cheap one so that I can use my computer... Clean-cut, yeah?

... I still won't be able to get the monitor for a long while probably... Because my family's situation always turns bad when I'm about to get nice things and thus time is no different.

So, yay, I have a newer computer that can run a bunch of stuff I wanted, yay! ... I can't use it without a monitor.

Also, I have a viral infection that I'm pretty sure is inviting it's bacterial cousins... The doctor thought it was the flu... So, they stuck the sample-taking equivalent of an eyelash brush all the way into my sinus cavity to check... It wasn't the flu.

*rants into eternity*
I'm offering commissions!
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=41656

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?

#4716 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Squid wrote:HOLY FUCK!

What in the depths of Hades made your stove burst in flames?
My dad said it's because the oven on the stove got overheated and make the gas container cap beside it loose or something..? Then it caused the fire. We rarely use the oven, and the cake took a long time to bake, so I guess that's why it's happened?
Pretty hectic day, I still remember when I jumped when the fire appeared and when we opened the lid for the gas container, it's sprouting fire from the top! Thank God I still have nice reflexes.
although I lost my leg hair :lol: I think they got burned off and ouch my butt

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#4717 Post by Akitsuki »

YuukiCrossPudding wrote: Pretty hectic day, I still remember when I jumped when the fire appeared and when we opened the lid for the gas container, it's sprouting fire from the top! Thank God I still have nice reflexes.
TEN-CHAN!! Is that you?! I'm really slow at realizing things orz Didn't know you lurk in Lemmasoft too owo

So, uh, I guess I'm having a difficult relationship with Paint Tool SAI lately. Weeks ago, all the words turned bold without me changing anything. And now, I can't rotate anything in the selected area ;__; Yesterday, it was totally fine!! I googled for any clues yet nothing came out.

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#4718 Post by Razz »

I ran out of hardcover artbooks so I looked into seeing what it would take to get more made from actually reputable places... quantity jumps from 120 and 250 minimum order, nobody allows custom. One site even went so far as to list a place that sells lower quantities in its order page so I'm like "oh sure".

... the website they listed did not even do books. 0_o Ah small print runs why are you so cruel.

e: Found a custom with heavier stock but lil pricey.

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran

#4719 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

When you erased the connection you had with someone, so you can make your parent happy... it hurts a bit, but I think after a year or so passed by it's getting easier. The pain will never disappear, but it's easier to forget. The only thing left is regret and guilt, I regret making that person sad, and perhaps disappointed, all I left is false promise that even never been said, but it's there.
Well.. if I can do everything again I'll still choose my family, in the end it's all because of me.
Alright need to stop before I go into that "emo" corner :lol:
Akitsuki wrote:
YuukiCrossPudding wrote: Pretty hectic day, I still remember when I jumped when the fire appeared and when we opened the lid for the gas container, it's sprouting fire from the top! Thank God I still have nice reflexes.
TEN-CHAN!! Is that you?! I'm really slow at realizing things orz Didn't know you lurk in Lemmasoft too owo
@akitsuki Hi! Yes! What a small world it is! PM-ed you btw :lol:
I've been lurking around for a long time, maybe it's because of my username :"

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#4720 Post by Rinima »

My precious headset broke ;~; Now I have to buy another, even though I'm going to give my work notice in soon...
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#4721 Post by PyTom »

They're transferring my grandmother to a hospice in a few hours. That's hard to come to terms with - it brings with it a certain inevitibility.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#4722 Post by Caveat Lector »

Aw, sorry to hear! :(
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#4723 Post by Mad Harlequin »

PyTom wrote:They're transferring my grandmother to a hospice in a few hours. That's hard to come to terms with - it brings with it a certain inevitability.
Take care of yourself.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#4724 Post by thebackup »

I requested the week off from work, looking forward to working on Cafe Memoria most of the week.

Then! Just last night, my computer BSODs (STOP F4), and refused to boot. :x Checked cabling, and whatnot. Took out HD, reseated it several times, didn't work. Unplugged / replugged everything, swapped cables. That worked to an extent and it BSODed again. Did the same procedure of unplugging / replugging, and after several tries it booted.

SMART reported nothing wrong with the drive, but, ran CHKDSK, and... it found corruption on the OS drive. You know, if you listen closely to the drive it's struggling to power up. Somehow, the second internal hard drive (containing my Cafe Memoria stuff) works just fine, no corruption.

Backed up everything while I still can, including making a disk image. This happened before but I never thought it would be that serious... bought a new internal HD online to replace failing drive.

I'm hoping that replacing the drive will fix it, otherwise I feel that my week off from work will be wasted, with nothing done. I was so looking forward to getting a lot of project stuff done, but then this stupid BSOD had to stall everything. Ugh!

kisa
Veteran
Completed: Brother Rose, Dogs Alone
Projects: So many projects, I can't name them.
Deviantart: tsubasafan135
itch: kisa

#4725 Post by kisa »

I should probably stop replying to requests for aid on these forums... Because I don't seem to be very helpful at all. I guess I'll just slink back to my creeperbush and only pop out when I've finished something...
*melodramatically flees in tears*
I'm offering commissions!
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=41656