Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Decadenttia

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#5251 Post by Decadenttia »

Can't find a job that is not a slavery offert, and my saved money for bills and needs is running out.
I have no idea for how long I can keep paying internet because I decided long ago that when bad times came, first thing I would do is getting rid of it, considering is the only privilege I keep for myself.

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#5252 Post by AsHLeX »

Ah, the woes of being a second choice friend. Especially since it makes it so hard to let go since you know that they still care about you, but just not quite enough.

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#5253 Post by Imperf3kt »

My phone just got updated to Android 9 from Android 8.1 (was 8.0 when I bought it)

I... Absolutely hate this "update", so many features were removed or made user unfriendly and Sony's response is to install old versions of third party apps just to get back the functionality that was taken away from me without my consent!

Ugh. Just ugh.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Silent Column Demo, Memory Mage
Projects: The Silent Column, A Lily from the Lightless Water, A Castle on an Island
Deviantart: SelLillianna
itch: SelLillianna

#5254 Post by SelLi »

I do like certain visual novels but I wish I'd end up getting stabbed less. So far, I've been stabbed once in The Way We All Go and twice in Island. I fell of the roof in Katawa Shoujo once as well but that was after my first few playthroughs, when I was experimenting with different choices: it's not like I tripped over it (ironically). Meanwhile, I do my best to be reasonable, understanding, and good in other visual novels, but my words trigger someone's extremely deeply routed issues and they end up killing me. I know that it's dramatic and all but I wish that my saying something that any balanced person would respond fairly well to wouldn't end up with me getting murdered. :?
Also, a lot of visual novels have romantic elements where the main character falls in love with other characters: how am I supposed to fall in love with any of these characters if I know they're so unstable that they can and have murdered me at the drop of a hat? Takes the warm fuzzies out of things, don't you think? Maybe I could even understand characters killing the MC while they were still totally in their right mind - like in a romantically tragic situation where they were still loving and understanding toward the MC but they didn't want their lover to spread a plague, or something like that. That would still be messed up but... it wouldn't involve the character suddenly giving you crazy-eyes, acting like someone completely different, and murdering you in throws of insanity. Like, what the heck?
Heck, I even give Higurashi a bit of a pass on this because, after a while, you simply start to understand that there is an insanity among the characters and that insanity is a large part of the plot and world. It's still disturbing but you start to understand that anyone can go crazy. It's arguably akin to a supernatural force over the town. But in visual novels where the point is something largely unrelated to some sort of wide-sweeping insanity, it just catches me off guard. And then I have to reload a save, go through emotional whiplash, and go through a character poking at me with their snarky comments when one of them just straight up murdered my character not two minutes ago. Sheesh...

Edit: I do ultimately like The Way We All Go, Island, and Higurashi, by the way. :) Sometimes it just bugs me when my character gets stabbed, lol.

Snek

#5255 Post by Snek »

I want to make VN and I know how to make decent background/character art, and this novel would be free and short.. but feeling like not knowing how to advertise it later down the road or the fact that story won't be so good is offputting.. and the fact I am beginner when it comes to programming. It just feels so daunting.. :cry:

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5256 Post by Imperf3kt »

Snek wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:39 pm I want to make VN and I know how to make decent background/character art, and this novel would be free and short.. but feeling like not knowing how to advertise it later down the road or the fact that story won't be so good is offputting.. and the fact I am beginner when it comes to programming. It just feels so daunting.. :cry:
That's completely natural. PyTom once posted an image (I cannot find it anymore) depicting a deep canyon with a steep incline on the other side and motivational checkpoints along the way.
I thought it was great, and wish I could find it again.

The message behind the picture was to persevere.
There will be a large learning curve, and at times it'll make you feel helpless, but if you manage to continue through the rough spots and climb out the other side, the rewards are worth it.

To help you along, join a team or form one, not everybody needs to do it solo, and even those few who do manage, were supported by others along the way.

Getting something off my own chest, I have to go to the hospital this coming Thursday to check if I have terminal bowel cancer.
I'm not looking forward to the operation.. Or the results.

Twitter

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#5257 Post by Zelan »

Imperf3kt wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:36 pmGetting something off my own chest, I have to go to the hospital this coming Thursday to check if I have terminal bowel cancer.
Oh man... I'm really sorry about that, Imperf3kt. I know we don't really know each other and there's not much I can actually do, but I sincerely hope things turn out okay.

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5258 Post by Imperf3kt »

Zelan wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:14 am
Imperf3kt wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:36 pmGetting something off my own chest, I have to go to the hospital this coming Thursday to check if I have terminal bowel cancer.
Oh man... I'm really sorry about that, Imperf3kt. I know we don't really know each other and there's not much I can actually do, but I sincerely hope things turn out okay.
Thanks, so far I'm doing fine, except for all the trips to the hospital for the past few months.

Hopefully it's a false positive, but that's why I'm going, to confirm what stage I'm at, and if it's terminal or not. So far, that's just the worst case possibility, but a possibility none the less.

Twitter

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#5259 Post by PyTom »

Imperf3kt wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:36 pm That's completely natural. PyTom once posted an image (I cannot find it anymore) depicting a deep canyon with a steep incline on the other side and motivational checkpoints along the way.
This might be what you were thinking of.
C9I99GAXUAAuUgA.jpeg
Getting something off my own chest, I have to go to the hospital this coming Thursday to check if I have terminal bowel cancer.
I'm sorry to hear that you even need to go for the test.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5260 Post by Imperf3kt »

PyTom wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 11:52 pm
Imperf3kt wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:36 pm That's completely natural. PyTom once posted an image (I cannot find it anymore) depicting a deep canyon with a steep incline on the other side and motivational checkpoints along the way.
This might be what you were thinking of.

C9I99GAXUAAuUgA.jpeg
Thats the image, I'll just download a copy now so I never lose it again.
PyTom wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 11:52 pm
Imperf3kt wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:36 pm Getting something off my own chest, I have to go to the hospital this coming Thursday to check if I have terminal bowel cancer.
I'm sorry to hear that you even need to go for the test.
I only found out because over December I had absolutely no energy or will to get out of bed, and didn't even feel like eating for two days.
So I went to the hospital and found out I had iron deficiency anaemia (apparently really rare to see in someone my age), which appeared to be caused by something else, so further tests were done which revealed my current situation as the most probable cause. It's entirely possible it may even be something else entirely, though its the most likely - I turn 30 in a bit over a month and a half, so I'm due for a checkup anyway.

If it hadn't been for my bout of anaemia, I'd never have even known.

Twitter

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#5261 Post by Zelan »

Imperf3kt wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 3:28 amI only found out because over December I had absolutely no energy or will to get out of bed, and didn't even feel like eating for two days.
So I went to the hospital and found out I had iron deficiency anaemia (apparently really rare to see in someone my age), which appeared to be caused by something else, so further tests were done which revealed my current situation as the most probable cause. It's entirely possible it may even be something else entirely, though its the most likely - I turn 30 in a bit over a month and a half, so I'm due for a checkup anyway.

If it hadn't been for my bout of anaemia, I'd never have even known.
Iron deficiency anemia is wild because there are so many things that can potentially cause it. Mine, as it turns out, was from Celiac's disease so y'know. That's fun.

I'm sure your doctors know what they're doing, but on the off chance that they haven't checked for that and are totally stumped, try suggesting it.

izanami
Regular
Completed: un/FRAGMENT.
Projects: Minami,
Organization: Izakiko Paradox
itch: izakikoparadox
Discord: ragyuo

#5262 Post by izanami »

Ok to get this off my chest...

I want to get funds to make the full version of my game.. but idk how to without it being in legal trouble since i used non-commercial assets in it. I do plan to remove those assets though.. really sucks

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5263 Post by Imperf3kt »

"elective" surgery is now allowed again after the coronavirus pandemic, so my colonoscopy is rebooked for the 29th of July with a preop on the 14th to see if I'm compatible with anastaetics.

Why it's classified as elective, when it can potentially detect life threatening issues, I'll never know

Twitter

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#5264 Post by AsHLeX »

Imperf3kt wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:47 am "elective" surgery is now allowed again after the coronavirus pandemic, so my colonoscopy is rebooked for the 29th of July with a preop on the 14th to see if I'm compatible with anastaetics.

Why it's classified as elective, when it can potentially detect life threatening issues, I'll never know
I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through that. Let us know how your surgery goes (if you want, no pressure), and I wish you all the best for tomorrow.
New demo out 24/12/23!!

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5265 Post by Imperf3kt »

I'll be fine, there's a high chance it's a false positive. Just something that's been weighing on my mind for a while.

Edit July 31st
Had the examination.
The good news is it's not cancer.
The bad news is it's now most likely chron's disease.

Twitter