Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
dramspringfeald
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: The Echo, CBlue, Safety_Dance

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#1876 Post by dramspringfeald »

RunicV wrote:This world is unfair to kids. It's impossible to get anything online by yourself. My parents don't believe in online purchases, and don't have PayPal. Which means I can't donate my money to support people online, or to buy games Q_Q

This world is stupid... All those lovely games directed at teens, and you need to have a credit card or PayPal to buy them... Why hasn't anyone come up with some sort of point card you can buy in stores that can be used online? And even if they did, it wouldn't be available in Singapore for a long time, I bet...

I probably sound like a brat for saying this, but I wish this world wasn't so unfriendly to teens. But then again, most teens aren't the brightest. Ugh, I wish I were smarter.

...Yeah, complaining about money when others are complaining about serious weather issues. Way to go, RunicV. -skulks away depressedley-
Just get you a Green-dot card "because it's safer then cash" and can be reloaded. Works like a debit card and they are non the wiser.
Don't be a Poser! Learn to Draw
Learn to Draw with Stan Lee
Learn to Draw with Mark Crilley
If you want you can brows my art. My art can be found at...FA // IB // DA Neglected for a few years so I'm just now updating it

Learn to break a bone to break a bone,
Learn to build a house to build a house,
Learn to make a Game to make a Game.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#1877 Post by papillon »

RunicV wrote:Why hasn't anyone come up with some sort of point card you can buy in stores that can be used online? And even if they did, it wouldn't be available in Singapore for a long time, I bet..
There are a number of such options in some countries but they often suck or are loaded down with weird restrictions.

You can buy pre-loaded "credit cards" with cash at a lot of shops, and they have a certain amount of credit on them that you're supposed to be able to use to buy things online... but then it turns out that they only work on certain sites. And like any gift certificate card, even when they do work you'll always end up with a few pennies left over that you can't use for anyhting and can't get back, AND you're charged a fee for buying them, AND companies like to make them expire and take the money back.

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#1878 Post by Blane Doyle »

Our shed just fell over onto our porch because of the wind from the storm. 83

...... I'm sorry, I need an image.

RunicV
Veteran
IRC Nick: RunicV

#1879 Post by RunicV »

papillon wrote:There are a number of such options in some countries but they often suck or are loaded down with weird restrictions.

You can buy pre-loaded "credit cards" with cash at a lot of shops, and they have a certain amount of credit on them that you're supposed to be able to use to buy things online... but then it turns out that they only work on certain sites. And like any gift certificate card, even when they do work you'll always end up with a few pennies left over that you can't use for anyhting and can't get back, AND you're charged a fee for buying them, AND companies like to make them expire and take the money back.
...That's so true. ;_; Which is why credit cards are awesome but you have to be an adult... The worst thing is that I can't blame this world for not giving teenagers credit cards. I mean, look at all the stupid stuff we do nowadays, without credit cards already. :/ Giving us credit cards would probably make a lot of poor families chin-high in debt. Teenagers of the world, please become more mature and smarter so I can get a credit card...
dramspringfeald wrote:Just get you a Green-dot card "because it's safer then cash" and can be reloaded. Works like a debit card and they are non the wiser.
;_; I'm pretty sure that the companies that make the games I want to buy don't accept it. In fact, I could go ask him/her right now because Magical Diary is one of the games I want to get. (papillion) And I'm pretty sure WinterWolves doesn't accept it, either. -sobsob-

But thanks anyway.

And it's not like I don't have the money to buy online games or to donate to people creating games... It would take me a bit to save up, but in the end I'd have the money. I just don't have a credit card... And transferring bank accounts is a no-go. My parents would never agree.

I could ask my parents to help me buy the games, but they wouldn't approve. They hate it when I even hang out with guys, and always tell me to ignore any kind of romance completely. I actually agree with them, but they'd shoot down anything with romance. Asking them if they can buy me a game will only yield me a long lecture and months of suspicious looks at the laptop screen whilst I do my stuff online.

Whinefest over. I'm gonna get back to working on my horrible drawings. ;_; -crawls away muttering something incoherent about how this world sucks-
Hatred: the absence of love.
Please, treat me with kindness.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#1880 Post by papillon »

I've never heard of green-dot, so I don't actually know if the payment processor company I work with could take it or not. Most of us don't do the money-processing stuff ourselves, we use third parties who know bank speak and have accounts set up with them. Looking at it, it looks like it's one of those prepaid fake-credit-card things, but I couldn't tell you how well it works, what fees they charge, whether it's available in your country, or whether BMT Micro would take it or not...

It looks like it's something sold in the US and would *probably* work if you could get one, but I really can't tell you for certain.... I don't want to say yes and then have you mad if it turns out I'm wrong!

RunicV
Veteran
IRC Nick: RunicV

#1881 Post by RunicV »

Thanks for the fast reply.

I'll just take it as you don't accept it. I've never heard of it either, so chances are that other game companies don't accept it. I'm not going to get a card if it's not reliable and if other companies don't accept it, that defeats the purpose of getting it.

...I suppose I'll just have to live with being a teenager for now...
Hatred: the absence of love.
Please, treat me with kindness.

Lumella
Regular
Completed: Jose Rizal Visual Novel Game
Projects: Last Cycle's Vision
Organization: Unis

#1882 Post by Lumella »

Have you ever had that moment in your life where you're starting to realize you're losing touch in your second language? I think my grammar in English is deteriorating; hence, I feel like I can't do those roleplay thingies in Gaia anymore.
ImageImageImageImage

Artist. Indie Game Designer. Graphic Designer. 3D Hobbyist.
My VN Project: Last Cycle's Vision / Status: Slowly Active

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#1883 Post by papillon »

I'll just take it as you don't accept it. I've never heard of it either, so chances are that other game companies don't accept it. I'm not going to get a card if it's not reliable and if other companies don't accept it, that defeats the purpose of getting it.
Well, what I'm trying to say is that IF it's just a prepaid credit card, then it's *likely* that payment processors in the US will accept them even if we've never heard of them, because the entire point of those things is that they look exactly like credit cards to a payment processor - you enter the information from the card in the place where you would enter a credit card number, and as far as our systems are concerned it IS a visa (or whatever).

That's the whole idea. We don't have to individually choose to take them or not, because it's being handled behind the scenes. I have watched someone use a prepaid credit card on a site that did not do anything special to accept it.

However, you would need to check that such things were available in your country and you'd need to read the terms and conditions of any such card before buying it, just in case. (Really, you should look through the terms on a real credit card too.)

Anyway, beyond that we do tend to do contests/giveaways occasionally, and can often be sweet-talked by fanart. :)

dramspringfeald
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: The Echo, CBlue, Safety_Dance

#1884 Post by dramspringfeald »

It's basically a "burn" debit card. I go Visa usually but it doesn't matter. I've been using it for years do to not having a job long enough to open a real bank account. When it dies either refill it or get a new one... either one will cost about 10% but that's ok.

*Edit* It is a real debit card but instead of having your name on it it usually says Green-dot Customer #### and has a pin on the back or sheet of paper. Either way Really good way to keep people from wrecking your bank account.

https://www.greendot.com/greendot
Don't be a Poser! Learn to Draw
Learn to Draw with Stan Lee
Learn to Draw with Mark Crilley
If you want you can brows my art. My art can be found at...FA // IB // DA Neglected for a few years so I'm just now updating it

Learn to break a bone to break a bone,
Learn to build a house to build a house,
Learn to make a Game to make a Game.

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#1885 Post by Obscura »

I hope everyone got through the storm okay.
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#1886 Post by Blane Doyle »

Obscura wrote:I hope everyone got through the storm okay.
So do I.

At the moment, my Aunt can't get to her house as the roads around here are flooding. We're on top of a mountain right now so we don't have that problem as much as the people on lower ground, so she is staying with us.

Unfortunately, our backyard is in shambles. We have a few downed trees and our shed is demolished.

Aedin
Regular

#1887 Post by Aedin »

Blane Doyle wrote:
Obscura wrote:I hope everyone got through the storm okay.
So do I.

At the moment, my Aunt can't get to her house as the roads around here are flooding. We're on top of a mountain right now so we don't have that problem as much as the people on lower ground, so she is staying with us.

Unfortunately, our backyard is in shambles. We have a few downed trees and our shed is demolished.
There's a man I know that lives up in New York, I think. He went out on his porch after the storm hit and there was a shark swimming down the street. Sent us all a picture and everything. It made my day.

Glad you're all right though, Blane. I just wish I knew if my uncle, aunt, and cousins are. Worrriiiesss.
"There’s no shame in pleasure, Mr. Gray. You see, man just wants to be happy, but society wants him to be good. And when he’s good, man is rarely happy, and when he’s happy he is always good."

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#1888 Post by TsukiShima »

Okay, I've just got my hands on The Witch's House, so I'm going to rant here.
I just.. I just can't. I was very confused in the beginning of the game and all the sudden game overs really scared me a lot. I can't count how many times I was being frustrated. I thought that the owner of the house was a ghost who killed herself after getting the clues, and I did realized that almost everything was solved with a destructional method. And that moment when I found out that "Viola" was actually Ellen, I was really torn. I helped Ellen to escape while letting Viola to die. No. I didn't believe it. Due to unsatisfactory, I went to youtube and searched for reviews.

When I found out the truth about Ellen, I was just... speechless. I can't imagine this world having a very twisted girl like that. You're just not loved for gawd sake, not tortured! Viola was too lovable, too innocent to leave to die. She was kind enough to agree to exchange bodies, and yet in return you gave her despair? And what tears me apart was the fact that Ellen didn't kill Viola directly, killed me. Oh the irony.

Minus the witch, all these demon's business, fancy house, and magic thing reminds me Kuroshitsuji. But even Ciel wasn't that twisted!
AHHH THE FEELS.

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#1889 Post by Mink »

FUN FACT: this game is by Fummy, a.k.a. that person who made the Vocaloid song Can't I Even Dream? (Assuming I'm remembering correctly)

Also, there's a part in that game that's kind of harsh: you get a frog that you carry around for a bit, and
you have to feed it to a snake, or the snake will kill you. You can later talk to a tadpole that says:
"My father is dead."
"My father was eaten by a snake."
"YOU. MURDERED. HIM."
And it kills you. However, when you wash of the shoes you need, the blood kills the tadpole.
Daaamn, Fummy.

You're a sick freak.

And I think I may be in love with you.
Heisenberg wrote:I kinda want Mitt Romney to win just to see what would happen
Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Semi-related, I've been though so many hurricanes and floods, I can't work up the least bit of excitement of any kind, short of maybe missing class. Clearly, I need to move.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

wakagana
Veteran
Projects: Flash Q
Organization: Team Bread

#1890 Post by wakagana »

Mink wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:I kinda want Mitt Romney to win just to see what would happen
Some men just want to watch the world burn.
some-men-just-want-to-watch-the-world-burn.jpg
:D Don't worry. We'll be going to war with Iran, Russia and China really soon ^,^

also, women's rights will be questionable once again :O