Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
wendlierie

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#4411 Post by wendlierie »

My OTP is now litterally star-crossed lovers. I've been following their news and updates for the past year, but one left to go back home to take care of his family. I'm quite upset, really......OTPs are my everything, haha. I know, there are tons of people calling me stupid for loving something like otps so much, they called me crazy and dumb for being sad over this. But of course, no one can understand me, because people don't find things like this precious like I do. I can't bring myself to give up on them and this OTP though, I swear I won't love any other otp or ships as much as this one. Memories remain, and they will be the last otp I'll ever love this much. Till death do them apart.

TheOnlyKieran
Regular
Organization: NewWestGames
IRC Nick: TheOnlyKieran

#4412 Post by TheOnlyKieran »

nebulaway wrote:i really wish i could stop being so shy and talk to people. i really want to get to know people and be friends with them but i always get so paranoid that they don't like me or find me annoying. it sucks. i wish i was over this. :'\
I was that way for a long time. A very long time! Now I find that I was perhaps concentrating on the 'making friends' part that I forgot the 'have fun' part. The main thing is to do whatever makes you happy, no matter what. Only here once!

JumpJump
Veteran
Projects: 9413
Organization: 2wo dollars

#4413 Post by JumpJump »

I almost got in a LOT of trouble.

It turns out that the council in Birmingham have been chasing me up for unpaid tax......from over five years ago. It was only by chance I found out about it. I had a court summons sent to me over this.

From what I can gather, the old landlord was not paying the council tax as he is responsible (the laws on housing and tax are very interesting). And in order to get out of paying the debt, he has passed along my name (and others I'm assuming) and the council just went on the warpath. Even though I moved away from Birmingham, the council just dug up an old address and assumed I lived there, then they started court proceedings. I'm not worried at all. I have enough knowledge to not only get this debt removed from my name, but to also leave egg on the face of Birmingham city council. I'm just really REALLY PISSED OFF that this has put a spanner in my works and forced me to go into downtime.

I still have so many more letters to write.
"You are the master of understatement, chief. You had a foursome with the Elephant Man and a couple of foreign princesses. I'd head on out before the paparazzi arrive, if I were you." - Barry the time travelling sprout

Old and new, whatever you want. All is here.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#4414 Post by fleet »

JumpJump wrote:I almost got in a LOT of trouble.

It turns out that the council in Birmingham have been chasing me up for unpaid tax......from over five years ago. It was only by chance I found out about it. I had a court summons sent to me over this.

From what I can gather, the old landlord was not paying the council tax as he is responsible (the laws on housing and tax are very interesting). And in order to get out of paying the debt, he has passed along my name (and others I'm assuming) and the council just went on the warpath. Even though I moved away from Birmingham, the council just dug up an old address and assumed I lived there, then they started court proceedings. I'm not worried at all. I have enough knowledge to not only get this debt removed from my name, but to also leave egg on the face of Birmingham city council. I'm just really REALLY PISSED OFF that this has put a spanner in my works and forced me to go into downtime.

I still have so many more letters to write.

If you handle this mess by yourself, I suggest you keep copies of all correspondence and use registered mail (return receipt).
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

JumpJump
Veteran
Projects: 9413
Organization: 2wo dollars

#4415 Post by JumpJump »

fleet wrote:If you handle this mess by yourself, I suggest you keep copies of all correspondence and use registered mail (return receipt).

Oh, I've gotten very use to the underhanded tactics the local authority use. It was one of the reasons for me leaving that place and moving into a small town.

Thank you
"You are the master of understatement, chief. You had a foursome with the Elephant Man and a couple of foreign princesses. I'd head on out before the paparazzi arrive, if I were you." - Barry the time travelling sprout

Old and new, whatever you want. All is here.

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#4416 Post by Lishy »

That moment when you're hungry and have diarrhea at the same time... do I make a snack, or do I go to the toilet?
-

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#4417 Post by Caveat Lector »

Ugh, I hate that. Are you sure maybe it's not stomach cramps that go along with diarrhea?
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#4418 Post by Morhighan »

So last night I contacted the airport closest to where I was living in Arkansas for the last two years. I've recently moved back to California and I wanted to ask about sending for my pet corgi, Dexter.
Despite the clear statement that the airport is a drop-off location for traveling pets, I got an email stating that they don't have that service. That's sad, but there might be a work around, so I bitched about it on facebook.
I get an email from my friend, whose sister originally owned the dog. The sister had dumped the dog on my friend, and when my friend couldn't care for the dog, gave him to me since she thought he might have to get dumped at a pound or put down.
We've put a lot of work into this dog, my fiance and roommate and I. The roommates graciously helped pay the $500 pet fee for keeping him in the apartment and I worked with Dexter a lot to get him over his obvious issues from being passed from person to person. We've had him for over a year.
What does the sister say? Apparently, I'm not allowed to take Dexter out of Arkansas.
I had a severe emotional attack in response to this and probably said some regrettable things. Who does she think she is? She hasn't seen the dog in over a year, has not contributed to his care in any way, and when she did have him, he was stuck in a crate for 8+ hours. I pointed out that from the information that I've been given, it seemed like he was neglected in her care, but my friend got up in arms and defended her sister, despite the fact that she was the one who said he had been neglected by her in the first place.
Most of all I want Dexter to be happy. He seemed really happy with us, and we have a place to offer him. He currently has nowhere else to go other than to stay with my old roommates, and it's unfair to just dump him on them when they only allowed him over for my sake in the first place. One of the roommates openly dislikes him, too.

Also, I owe my college $180 and I can't pay so they are sending my case to collections. I can't work and it's frustrating, and I'm chronically sick as all hell.
I'm an emotional wreck right now and I just wish I could work on my games in peace.

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#4419 Post by curry nochi rice »

I just realized.... That writing a scenario that doesn't need CGs... is next to impossible. I feel like I really need to have CGs in the game, despite design limitations saying otherwise.
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#4420 Post by Lishy »

curry nochi rice wrote:I just realized.... That writing a scenario that doesn't need CGs... is next to impossible. I feel like I really need to have CGs in the game, despite design limitations saying otherwise.
Higurashi?

Umineko?
-

Helianthus
Regular
Completed: Being Beauteous, Ambre, HVNCML, Garden of Oblivion, Wounded by Words
Projects: Chronotopia, Khzi and the Cursed Stone
Organization: Träumendes Mädchen
Tumblr: TraumendesMadchen

#4421 Post by Helianthus »

I’ve been feeling down lately. There’s something bothering me, something heavy on my chest. But I know that, in order to let go of that oppressive feeling, I have to confront someone I hold dear and that it won’t go well. It’s a terrible dilemma: if I tell that person how I feel, I may get better but I will put the burden onto that person’s shoulder. And if I keep quiet, I’m afraid the anxiety is gonna build up over time. It’s that person or me. I don’t like that. It will be painful either way, wether I like it or not.

So I take refuge in work to forget the heaviness on my chest. I know it’s not good, that I should do something and stop running away. But I just can’t tell the truth. I wish I could just sleep and wait for everything to work out on its own…
Morhighan wrote:I'm an emotional wreck right now and I just wish I could work on my games in peace.
Ow, I hope everything wil work out in the end... Good luck :oops:

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran

#4422 Post by curry nochi rice »

Lishy wrote:
curry nochi rice wrote:I just realized.... That writing a scenario that doesn't need CGs... is next to impossible. I feel like I really need to have CGs in the game, despite design limitations saying otherwise.
Higurashi?

Umineko?
welp I did say next to impossible. I'll have to pull it off somehow.
I wanna be done.

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#4423 Post by Hijiri »

Lishy wrote:
Higurashi?

Umineko?
To be fair, they're both sound novels. That means there's more emphasis on the sfx and music to get the point across than visuals.
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran

#4424 Post by curry nochi rice »

Was checking out the number of yuri/strictly GxG projects and we have 69 such projects.

>69
>Well there are 31 GxB AND GxG projects so to speak.

I listed them all up for my local yuri community to check-up, or maybe even support.
I wanna be done.

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#4425 Post by thebackup »

This is going to sound pretty trivial but it's pretty irritating.

- Checked my email, got a notification saying "(insert name here) is now following you on Twitter" Okay, (insert name here) followed me weeks ago
- Checked my twitter, found out (insert name here) unfollowed me

While I have no problems people unfollowing me for whatever reason, I felt like I just got a notification of an unfollower. The hell?