Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#4426 Post by Caveat Lector »

I'm 99% certain I just might have failed my bio exam. :( It was multiple choice plus two short essays. I did the one essay pretty good I think (it was worthy 30 marks), but I ran out of time before I could finish the other essay (worth 20) and it was about macromolecules and I didn't remember a single damn thing about it at all so I tried to BS my way through it, only to not even get to finish it. Oh, and I pretty much just guessed my way through the multiple choice questions, which are worth 30 marks in total. And the worst part of this? I have to have at least two science credits as part of my English major (WTF) in order to graduate. :x

After this, we're apparently going to gradually move on to genetics and evolution. Is evolution any easier than bio-chemistry and cell structures and molecule structures?
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

iamwhatonearth
Regular
Projects: The Town Called Data
Tumblr: iamwhatonearth
Deviantart: whatonearth

#4427 Post by iamwhatonearth »

It takes so long to make a game. ;~; I'm still in the beginning phases and I'm like can I just be done yet? Even though I knew this was a long term project and that it'll get slightly faster over time since I can start reusing art of characters and backgrounds and I'll be more use to digital art (primarily traditional artist).
Last edited by iamwhatonearth on Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#4428 Post by Reikun »

Caveat Lector wrote:I'm 99% certain I just might have failed my bio exam. :( It was multiple choice plus two short essays. I did the one essay pretty good I think (it was worthy 30 marks), but I ran out of time before I could finish the other essay (worth 20) and it was about macromolecules and I didn't remember a single damn thing about it at all so I tried to BS my way through it, only to not even get to finish it. Oh, and I pretty much just guessed my way through the multiple choice questions, which are worth 30 marks in total. And the worst part of this? I have to have at least two science credits as part of my English major (WTF) in order to graduate. :x

After this, we're apparently going to gradually move on to genetics and evolution. Is evolution any easier than bio-chemistry and cell structures and molecule structures?
Yikes, hope you'll have more chances to bring your marks up for that class :( You'll probably find evolution much easier than biochem/cell anatomy (in my experience it's often taught with an emphasis on the history, though I suppose it depends on the way the material is presented and what your course requires you to know). If you're finding the topic difficult, it might be more fun if you approach it as research for writing...? That's how I try to make difficult courses more interesting for myself. Does your school offer tutoring for bio? Maybe a study group will help?
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]

#4429 Post by Caveat Lector »

This particular science class is for nonscience majors (ie, those of us who have to have a science credit but don't plan on majoring in science or aren't an expert in science), so in the beginning there was more of an emphasis on the scientific method and how scientists do what they do, then we moved on into the science-y stuff. The essay question I could answer was about the scientific method and I had some leeway to treat it as a story so I did. Not sure how much good a study group would do. I hope I might have another chance to redeem myself with future assignments and the final exam.

Also: Blech, I'm pretty certain this sore throat I have is the first stage of a cold. Not a good week.
Reader Beware!

JumpJump
Veteran
Projects: 9413
Organization: 2wo dollars

#4430 Post by JumpJump »

I was thinking that things where starting to cool down with the form filling, letter writing and legal matters.

Looks like I was wrong.
"You are the master of understatement, chief. You had a foursome with the Elephant Man and a couple of foreign princesses. I'd head on out before the paparazzi arrive, if I were you." - Barry the time travelling sprout

Old and new, whatever you want. All is here.

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#4431 Post by curry nochi rice »

I think someone just threw a tactical nuke of reality checks on me.
:v

>"Have you even thought of having your game reviewed?"
JESUS CHRIST. IT'S AN UNDERGRADUATE'S THESIS, A GAME MADE OUT OF AT LEAST A THOUSAND DOLLARS, USING FREE MUSIC, SCRIPTED BY ONE UNDERGRADUATE, WITHIN 3 SEMESTERS.

tl;dr
>"No I haven't. Should I even? I mean there's barely any comment about the pre-alpha so..."
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#4432 Post by Kato »

It has been a terrible couple days for me! I woke up yesterday to a multitude of white tail spider bites on my arm (for those of you unfamiliar, google it and thank the gods you don't live in Australia where the buggers run rampant) and today to the news that the only large anime-con in Perth is cancelled and will be postponed for the year. I don't know what's more troubling, the loss of a weekend of fun and networking or wanting to pull my arm off to stop the itching :lol:. Ah well...
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran

#4433 Post by Caveat Lector »

Got my bio exam back today....good news! I passed! It's kind of sitting on the "adequate" margin, but I did at least pass. Apparently, the rest of my classmates failed the first essay question, too (not some--all--and according to the prof the reason why they failed was because they listed what certain macromolecules do instead of just simply naming macromolecules, but oh well--I should also note this class is specifically for non-science majors, like those who have to have a science credit like me), so the prof crossed it off and graded us based around how we did the rest of the exam. Woo-hoo! :D
Reader Beware!

writinggg
Regular

#4434 Post by writinggg »

I took a request that I was not really interested in on DA. I missed my week deadline and now the requester is telling me I'm slacking off and how I do not have good practices and how at this point they don't care about little details, just get it done(despite the fact I said this was a practice for me to make deadlines). They also keep saying they are very disappointed (which is understandable) but the whole thing is coming off as super rude due to the way they are saying it.

I have admittedly messaged a person I commissioned several times if they do nothing, but the difference was that it was a commission. Not a free story by an armature and I was nice the whole time. Plus I get the feeling they are going to plagiarize my work because they don't want me to post it anywhere or say I wrote it. I will try to get it done, but if I cannot I fear I might have to block them.

DesertSkald

#4435 Post by DesertSkald »

writinggg wrote:I took a request that I was not really interested in on DA. I missed my week deadline and now the requester is telling me I'm slacking off and how I do not have good practices and how at this point they don't care about little details, just get it done(despite the fact I said this was a practice for me to make deadlines). They also keep saying they are very disappointed (which is understandable) but the whole thing is coming off as super rude due to the way they are saying it.

I have admittedly messaged a person I commissioned several times if they do nothing, but the difference was that it was a commission. Not a free story by an armature and I was nice the whole time. Plus I get the feeling they are going to plagiarize my work because they don't want me to post it anywhere or say I wrote it. I will try to get it done, but if I cannot I fear I might have to block them.
Were this me, I would apologize for the delay and tell them to take their business elsewhere. It is a request, first and foremost, and it's only been a week. Heck, a 2 week turnaround is average for commissions, iirc. The fact that they don't want you taking credit for or even showing off your work is very worrying. You've also stated you didn't want to do the request in the first place, and that you're worried about harassment even if you do continue working on it.

I would cancel.

writinggg
Regular

#4436 Post by writinggg »

@DesertSkald :

I know I should cancel, but they calmed down after I showed them some writing. Their activity info is block but a quick google of their username showed them doing crazy things like telling a random person to not post My Little Pony type artwork all the time because "some of us are adults and would prefer to see something not for little kids" in similar words. They then got in an argument with people who tried to tell them that they do not understand constructive criticism.

I know it's bad to bad talk someone, but I'm not giving their username.

Yoshiii343
Tumblr: yoshiii343
Soundcloud: sredathebreda

#4437 Post by Yoshiii343 »

I ruined my lunch. Or dinner. I don't know, okay?
I under cooked my chicken. But it looked so good on the surface, though...

Chauncelle

#4438 Post by Chauncelle »

"It's not my fault if you got carried away, promising your friends and your boyfriend about stuff you did not even try to confirm first. Don't blame me for something I didn't do. I even warned you before that it'll take some time" is what I wanted to say but with the kind of personality she has I'm sure she won't take it that well and attack me instead...

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran

#4439 Post by Caveat Lector »

Part of me misses Ireland. Such a beautiful country.
Reader Beware!

MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least

#4440 Post by MomoiroGirl »

I just had the freakiest experience a few hours ago. I had just went up some stairs to go into the building my friend's apartent is in. And just as I was walking towards the door, suddenly I felt like I was in an elevator that stopped. It just felt like the building dropped, and I was absolutely 100% sure for a second, that the building was falling apart. I panicked and rushed up to my friend's apartment door, and it felt like the floor was swaying or something, and I DEAD seriously thought the building was crumbling. I knocked on her door, completely panicking, and when she answered, I said something was wrong and had to ask her if the building was acually falling apart since she looked calm when she answered. She got me in and sat me down on the floor in the entrance and tried to calm me down, and after like a minute it went away.

If anyone has ANY idea what this is or has experienced it before, I'd VERY much like to know what it could be. I seriously almost cried, until she told me nothing was moving.