Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
sessurea
Tumblr: sessurea

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#5161 Post by sessurea »

@TheJerminator15 As someone who's also struggling with depression and friendlessness, I can really relate to all that, but I hope it helps at least a little knowing you're not alone! You're important, you matter, and you deserve happiness! I know some random person on the internet saying that isn't much comfort, but my prayers are with you. And that's friggin' awesome you can keep writing in spite of all the bad stuff.

If you ever need an ear, feel free to PM me and vent about literally anything (but no pressure if you're not comfortable with that).

indoneko
Miko-Class Veteran

#5162 Post by indoneko »

@sessurea : How do you cope with friendlessness?
My avatar is courtesy of Mellanthe

MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least

#5163 Post by MomoiroGirl »

I'm kinda frustrated atm. I'm attending a drawing course that's ending at the end of April. But I'm kinda disappointed in myself, because I haven't gotten the things done that I wanted to. I wanted to have practiced some more perspective drawing and architectural drawing. But instead I ended up getting SO invested in a single drawing that I spent most of my time on that one. It's pretty big, so it takes a lot of time to shade EVERYTHING. But now I'm stressing over the fact that I might not even have enough time to finish that drawing completely. I mean, everyone tells me not to be disappointed and that it looks great nevertheless. And I am still proud of the drawing and all. But I still feel like I failed if I don't finish it... The worst part is now I can't even work on it for too long at a time because my wrist will start to ache. Ugh...

sessurea
Tumblr: sessurea

#5164 Post by sessurea »

indoneko wrote:@sessurea : How do you cope with friendlessness?
I wish I had good advice on this. Mostly just hanging on to hope that eventually I'll have friends. There are so many people who have this problem, so it sorta helps knowing I'm not alone (although where the heck are all the other friendless people IRL??!). Unfortunately, most of the common advice I see (just volunteer! take a class!) hasn't been very helpful in my experience. I think it just takes a lot of hard work and a lot of luck to make friends, and with enough hustle you can make it happen. But it can get pretty discouraging.

I have faith that in the near future it'll become easier to meet people and make friends via the internet. It's weird that we haven't really gotten to a place where that's normalized yet, except for dating.

Elmvine
Regular
itch: elmvine

#5165 Post by Elmvine »

sessurea wrote:
indoneko wrote:@sessurea : How do you cope with friendlessness?
I wish I had good advice on this. Mostly just hanging on to hope that eventually I'll have friends. There are so many people who have this problem, so it sorta helps knowing I'm not alone (although where the heck are all the other friendless people IRL??!). Unfortunately, most of the common advice I see (just volunteer! take a class!) hasn't been very helpful in my experience. I think it just takes a lot of hard work and a lot of luck to make friends, and with enough hustle you can make it happen. But it can get pretty discouraging.

I have faith that in the near future it'll become easier to meet people and make friends via the internet. It's weird that we haven't really gotten to a place where that's normalized yet, except for dating.
The friendless people might be in their rooms. I know I don't leave mine often aha. If at all..

fmjaye
Regular
Projects: Blackout City (webcomic)
Tumblr: fakemagicjaye

#5166 Post by fmjaye »

nvm
Last edited by fmjaye on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Evy
Regular
Projects: Meet Me At Sea, All That Glitters
Organization: Paper Parrot
Tumblr: clysmian
itch: clysmian

#5167 Post by Evy »

I keep trying to come up with a concept for a short project, but every time I think I've found something, I find out that either it doesn't work at all, or someone's already done it, but better than I could have done. I know I shouldn't let that stop me because nothing is original anymore, but I can't help but deflate at the thought that people might accuse me of ripping off someone else's work.

I have no confidence in anything I come up with on my own. I'd love to collaborate with someone on something new, but... it really feels like none of my friends have time for me anymore. Everyone has stuff on their plates, and that's understandable, but my anxiety keeps blowing things out of proportion. I should probably try and make new friends... but the thought of meeting new people, especially in my current state of mind, is frankly a terrifying one.

I'm not even reliable enough to finish commissions and sketch requests in a timely manner, and past attempts at collaborative projects have failed spectacularly in part due to my multitude of mental problems (especially where motivation and communication are concerned). I hate that I feel the need to constantly come up with something new instead of seeing one thing to completion. When I don't get feedback on my endeavors, I get discouraged and give up.

Just last night I was lying in bed wondering if there was a point in my trying anything.

indoneko
Miko-Class Veteran

#5168 Post by indoneko »

@Momoirogirl : be careful with wrist ache. You certainly need to rest your hand for a while.

@sessurea : if it's just for making friends on the internet, you could just use Facebook/twitter and get active in a lot of community. But of course, they don't automatically become your IRL friend.

@Elmvine : Your room must be very comfy... :3

@fmjaye : wait... what's wrong with your actual life?

@Evy : let me guess... you have the type O blood. :D

===

It's been two years since the last time I killed my facebook account. Life is more manageable now; I'm no longer wasting my time refreshing my newsline 1000 times a day, or chatting until late at night. I have more free time, but this friendlessness also makes me feel kinda "empty". What should I do?
My avatar is courtesy of Mellanthe

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#5169 Post by thebackup »

This is disconcerting...
I learned that my artist for my Café Memoria Deux project attempted suicide, via her Twitter account.

Please, pray for her recovery.

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#5170 Post by Caveat Lector »

Oh my goodness, that's awful. I hope she recovers soon.
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#5171 Post by mugenjohncel »

Happy Birthday to me...
Happy Birthday to me...
Happy Birthday...
Happy Birthday...
Happy Birthday to me... ;_;

"POOF" (Disappears)

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#5172 Post by AsHLeX »

Happy birthday Uncle Mugen!! :O
Your backgrounds and other resources have helped me (and a lot of others too) many times over :) Thank you!
New demo out 24/12/23!!

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#5173 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Still sending my prayer everyday for a dear friend who left this world years ago. Three more days for her death anniversary.
I wish I was able to help fulfill her dreams, but every time I tried everything didn't work well.

aliciarune
Regular

#5174 Post by aliciarune »

YuukiCrossPudding wrote:Still sending my prayer everyday for a dear friend who left this world years ago. Three more days for her death anniversary.
I wish I was able to help fulfill her dreams, but every time I tried everything didn't work well.

I'm really sorry =(. I think you remembering her and thinking about her is enough as it shows you care. Please don't feel guilty about not fulfilling her dreams if you can. It's hard for other people besides our own selves to do that. Again though I'm sorry you lost a good friend....But it's good that you're still thinking of her. I wish you the best for the next three days.

Anyubel
Regular
Projects: Project Miasma
Deviantart: AnyuBel

#5175 Post by Anyubel »

Nearlydonenearlydonenearlydone and I still have 5-7 cgs to do blargh and only one week before school starts up again... :cry: