Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#5236 Post by PyTom »

I use a couple of things that massively improve Twitter.

First, I use the uBlock Origin extension to adblock the entire web, so that helps. But I also use a few of its features to de-junk twitter. You can go to the options, My Filters, and add:

Code: Select all

twitter.com##[data-suggestion-json*=ActivityTweet]
twitter.com##[data-suggestion-json*=Recap]
twitter.com##[data-suggestion-json*=RecycledTweet]
twitter.com##.VideoGuide
twitter.com##.wtf-module
The first one gets rid of likes, the next two prevent it from presenting you junk, and the last two block video and who to follow. When a retweet annoys me, I go into the person that retweets it's profile and do a "Mute Retweets".

The result is a rather pleasing and junk-free twitter.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

BlackMagnolia
Regular

#5237 Post by BlackMagnolia »

PyTom wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:11 pm I use a couple of things that massively improve Twitter.

First, I use the uBlock Origin extension to adblock the entire web, so that helps. But I also use a few of its features to de-junk twitter. You can go to the options, My Filters, and add:

Code: Select all

twitter.com##[data-suggestion-json*=ActivityTweet]
twitter.com##[data-suggestion-json*=Recap]
twitter.com##[data-suggestion-json*=RecycledTweet]
twitter.com##.VideoGuide
twitter.com##.wtf-module
The first one gets rid of likes, the next two prevent it from presenting you junk, and the last two block video and who to follow. When a retweet annoys me, I go into the person that retweets it's profile and do a "Mute Retweets".

The result is a rather pleasing and junk-free twitter.

Bless your soul, you saint. I'll be using this from now on. Thank you, hopefully this will freshen up the experience for me as a main tool.

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#5238 Post by AsHLeX »

Until today I still laugh about the irony of me failing an exam because I was too scared of failing the exam causing me to not be able to sit it in the first place (=fail). Oh the irony of anxiety.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#5239 Post by Rinima »

So I might have broken my wrist - we can't actually confirm or if it is or not for another two weeks. I can't go to work with a splint cause of infection control (also who can't a nurse with a potentially broken wrist looking after them). I need stuff to do. I'm bored.

I keep trying to do things forgetting my wrist is probably broken and then P A I N.
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

#5240 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

Rinima wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:24 pm So I might have broken my wrist - we can't actually confirm or if it is or not for another two weeks. I can't go to work with a splint cause of infection control (also who can't a nurse with a potentially broken wrist looking after them). I need stuff to do. I'm bored.

I keep trying to do things forgetting my wrist is probably broken and then P A I N.
sorry to hear that. finding something to do with a broken wrist sounds difficult. how about youtube tutorials? could even use voice recognition instead of typing to let your hand rest more.

Catlip Candy
Regular
Completed: Raven // Encanto
Projects: My Twisted Love Story (title susceptible to change)
Organization: Catlip Candy
Tumblr: catlipcandy
Deviantart: CatlipCandy
Soundcloud: Catlip Candy
itch: catlipcandy

#5241 Post by Catlip Candy »

I have this boyfriend at work and there was a new girl in my team who's really pretty, tall and looks like a supermodel or something. He keeps staring at her and when I told him about it, he really tried his best not to look at her again or talk to her again.

But still, I get overly sensitive when he mentions her just a bit even if he accidentally mentions her or notices her. I'm not upset with my boyfriend, I'm upset with myself. Someone slap me please.

(and I'm also really REALLY insecure and I don't believe all people who tells me I'm pretty > srsly wtf is wrong with me lol )
All I ask from the readers is to give feedback on what they think I should improve more.
Even the harshest comments are welcomed and greatly appreciated, as long as it is your truthful opinion!
Please help me become a better visual novel creator!

~~~~~~ Catlip Candy ~~~~~~~

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#5242 Post by Donmai »

Catlip Candy wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:59 ama new girl in my team who's really pretty, tall and looks like a supermodel or something.
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

Catlip Candy
Regular

#5243 Post by Catlip Candy »

Donmai wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:58 pm
Catlip Candy wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:59 ama new girl in my team who's really pretty, tall and looks like a supermodel or something.
Thanks for sharing that video!

The video is true about girls like me thinking she's more attractive and he did admit to me that she is more attractive than me. I do admit that, too, cos it's really obvious she's more attractive. It's also true that he said he's not really dissatisfied with me, and I'm like, okay, I do believe him. After all, I've tried breaking up with him several times for several reasons (because I'm toxic :lol: ) and he kept on fighting for the relationship meaning he wants me, just as the video says.

However, the part where the video said about forgetting the girl they stare at was not kinda true in my case. Before, we got into a huge fight because he looked her up on Twitter. Idk if he looked him up on other social sites like fb or insta. It occurred to me that it could be that he either wants to befriend her and want to get involved in her life, or he wants to look more at her photos and be updated with her life status, watching from afar.

I know I see him looking at other girls when we're walking on the streets, and that's okay. One or two glances are enough. However, he keeps on looking at her everytime she goes by.

He was curious and interested about her and it was alarming. This is my first relationship so all feelings are new to me, and that was so frustrating, so even though what he did was over and forgiven, I get overly sensitive when I see that girl, when he mentions that girl, when something happened to that girl, and he finds it amusing and the like. (The three of us are all working in the same workplace).

So it's true the video says "Out of sight, out of mind." The saying applies to my boyfriend, and of course, to me, too.
All I ask from the readers is to give feedback on what they think I should improve more.
Even the harshest comments are welcomed and greatly appreciated, as long as it is your truthful opinion!

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#5244 Post by Donmai »

Yes, you're right. That video is more about women a man see eventually (the author even mention women in bikinis on the beach). But when a man sees a woman frequently, the trouble is somewhat bigger, I have to agree. Well, one day he will stop seeing her frequently. If he keeps remembering her, then you will be free to slap him :lol: . Just kidding.
I had my own curious experiences during my times at the university. I was 48, one of the elders of my classes, a straight married male. Two of my female mates were married too. During a class, I was sitting side by side with one of those married mates. A younger girl came from the back of the room to ask me something. My mate seemed annoyed by that and told me something like "With so many people here, why did she have to come and ask you that?" I looked at her in awe and she blushed. It was as if she had confessed to me that she was very fond of being by my side and that at that moment she wanted me to pay only attention to her. After a while, we both started laughing and everything went back to "normal". I can remember many female colleagues I had at university, of various ages, all of them admirable, and they clearly showed they admired me too. But I never had any relationship with them other than pure friendship. Of course, I sometimes fantasized about what it would be like if we were more than friends, and at least one of them confessed that she'd thought about it too (guess who). Back to reality, I'm still with the woman I married almost twenty-five years ago. The day we went to buy our wedding rings, she wanted to go to the top floor of the Shopping Center, where there was a skating rink. There I stood for a long time watching her as she followed with her eyes a very handsome skating instructor. I found that natural (the guy was really handsome), hoping she would also be as comprehensive as me when I looked at a beautiful woman. No, she would never forgive me if I looked at another woman, with or without a bikini. :lol:

Catlip Candy
Regular

#5245 Post by Catlip Candy »

Donmai wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:41 am Yes, you're right. That video is more about women a man see eventually (the author even mention women in bikinis on the beach). But when a man sees a woman frequently, the trouble is somewhat bigger, I have to agree. Well, one day he will stop seeing her frequently. If he keeps remembering her, then you will be free to slap him :lol: . Just kidding.
I had my own curious experiences during my times at the university. I was 48, one of the elders of my classes, a straight married male. Two of my female mates were married too. During a class, I was sitting side by side with one of those married mates. A younger girl came from the back of the room to ask me something. My mate seemed annoyed by that and told me something like "With so many people here, why did she have to come and ask you that?" I looked at her in awe and she blushed. It was as if she had confessed to me that she was very fond of being by my side and that at that moment she wanted me to pay only attention to her. After a while, we both started laughing and everything went back to "normal". I can remember many female colleagues I had at university, of various ages, all of them admirable, and they clearly showed they admired me too. But I never had any relationship with them other than pure friendship. Of course, I sometimes fantasized about what it would be like if we were more than friends, and at least one of them confessed that she'd thought about it too (guess who). Back to reality, I'm still with the woman I married almost twenty-five years ago. The day we went to buy our wedding rings, she wanted to go to the top floor of the Shopping Center, where there was a skating rink. There I stood for a long time watching her as she followed with her eyes a very handsome skating instructor. I found that natural (the guy was really handsome), hoping she would also be as comprehensive as me when I looked at a beautiful woman. No, she would never forgive me if I looked at another woman, with or without a bikini. :lol:

I guess I do worry about nothing or overthink too much which kinda destroys me. When it comes to me, I do look at other guys on the street when I see them appealing, but no more than one or two glances (sometimes I use them pretty boys and girls as inspiration in drawing anime stuff :lol: ) so when I see my partner not doing the same, which is, quitting staring after a few seconds, I get this unfair feeling or something. I don't want to get revenge by doing the same thing and making him feel bad; that's the worst thing to do. Although with you sharing your experience, I feel much better now. I guess I should just be alarmed when I see them actually cheating on me, then I'll ready the knife :lol:

bad joke

High
Regular

#5246 Post by High »

Tumblr really is gonna go ahead and commit suicide, huh? I'm sad cause of all the content that will be lost, but good riddance to that cesspool with an unusable UI.

RIP, it was not nice knowing you.

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#5247 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

(Goodness it's great to be on the internet again...AGAIN.)

Don't you all LOVE when things seem to be going right...go wrong?

A few months ago, I "miraculously" stepped on my laptop somehow. It is still broken, and can't use an external monitor since it's a touchscreen. (As in everything opening, closing repeatedly.)

Only on now since family was gifted a new desktop. (Which of course doesn't have all of my projects, so won't be able to work on those for a while.)

Sure, I can save up a few paychecks to get it fixed. Buuuut first I have to replace all of the wheels and brake pads on the car. Even with my refund, I still don't have enough. Hooray.

However, those are not the main problems.

The main problems are our "new, temporary" neighbors. When we originally looked at our current house, there wasn't anyone living in the house next door. And even then, there's no way to tell if a person is decent or not at only a glance. I won't give the details, but let's just say we're going to move somewhere else asap for the sake of our lives.

With that off my chest, may we all have a better year.
ImageImageImageImage

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#5248 Post by Imperf3kt »

Message me if you would like help repairing the laptop (or rather, getting it to a usable state)
I'll need a couple of photos and you'll need to know your way around a screwdriver.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#5249 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Imperf3kt wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:30 am Message me if you would like help repairing the laptop (or rather, getting it to a usable state)
I'll need a couple of photos and you'll need to know your way around a screwdriver.
Thanks for the offer. I'm going to stick to waiting, since the last time I tried to open up my old laptop (the one I gave away) to check the fan I think I lost one of the teeny tiny screws. The guy who fixed it was even able to tell that "someone attempted to open it".

Again thank you, but I don't trust myself.
ImageImageImageImage

SinaAzad
Veteran
IRC Nick: SinaAzad
Deviantart: sinaazad
Soundcloud: Sina_Azad

#5250 Post by SinaAzad »

They are talking about War... can't stop thinking of my family...
I am very proud to be a part of this generous, nice and friendly community!
but please, don't go around telling people that their work is somehow off! thats not how critique works!
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings: