Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#2506 Post by LVUER »

Even among family, there's what we called professionalism. Family is family, but business is business. I comes from traders family and I often works with family. Okay, we can tolerate since they are family, but still... there's always something that's called "one time too many". Besides, in your case, I think you are not respected, business-wise and family-wise. And we also could say "more over because I am a family, I should've been the first one that told".

And remember, it's often family/relatives that stab you in the back when we're talking business... and politics.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Lumella
Regular
Completed: Jose Rizal Visual Novel Game
Projects: Last Cycle's Vision
Organization: Unis

#2507 Post by Lumella »

My mom would always say to me that "Friends would leave you first, but your family wouldn't when worse comes to worst." I don't really believe it much because they're usually the first people who would be critical and judgmental on you. As a matter of fact, I have more family problems than problems coming from friends, and I found my friends more reliable compared to my family members and relatives who just wants to force their interests and opinions on me. Though I don't take it to heart as much as before, I'd rather distant myself from them than join the bandwagon.

On other news, I just got an x-ray for my dental surgery this week and I learned I'm sprouting a third set of teeth and I have an irregular displacement of all my impacted wisdom teeth. x_X My lower wisdom teeth are all horizontally placed in a manner that's causing crowding while the third set are growing underneath existing permanent teeth. I'm getting more afraid of my incoming surgery more than ever.
ImageImageImageImage

Artist. Indie Game Designer. Graphic Designer. 3D Hobbyist.
My VN Project: Last Cycle's Vision / Status: Slowly Active

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#2508 Post by LVUER »

Sorry to disapoint you, mom. But that is not always right. Even in culture like mine when there's a saying "blood is thicker than water" (which basically means family is always a family, you can't cut the bond), sometimes family is the one who betrays you.

My father's brother was the one who swindle our business (and now he's fricking rich from that business) and we're only so-so. And there are also plenty of other bad stories where relatives did bad things to our family... well, at least our own family is solid and close.

Still, family IS a family, like it or not, good or bad... So if you have a good mother, father, sisters or brothers, be sure to treasure them!
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#2509 Post by Sapphi »

I know my coworker was just joking but... today of all days, I really did not need to hear his suggestion of "Why don't you go put yourself out of your misery? Put a bullet in your head." I already have enough trouble keeping my head above the dark waters of despair... I don't need any more :(
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#2510 Post by SundownKid »

Lumella wrote: On other news, I just got an x-ray for my dental surgery this week and I learned I'm sprouting a third set of teeth and I have an irregular displacement of all my impacted wisdom teeth. x_X My lower wisdom teeth are all horizontally placed in a manner that's causing crowding while the third set are growing underneath existing permanent teeth. I'm getting more afraid of my incoming surgery more than ever.
Wow, I've rarely heard of something like that happening. All of my wisdom teeth were/are horizontal, but that definitely takes the cake. If they come in, you will probably have them all removed, but it seems that's not often the case.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#2511 Post by Taleweaver »

SundownKid wrote:Wow, I've rarely heard of something like that happening. All of my wisdom teeth were/are horizontal, but that definitely takes the cake. If they come in, you will probably have them all removed, but it seems that's not often the case.
I've had all four of my wisdom teeth removed at the same time. Three very unpleasant days followed. Since then, no more troubles with my teeth.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Tempestus Sum
Organization: Xenokos Interactive
IRC Nick: Gear

#2512 Post by Gear »

Lumella wrote:My mom would always say to me that "Friends would leave you first, but your family wouldn't when worse comes to worst." I don't really believe it much because they're usually the first people who would be critical and judgmental on you.
I hear you on that one. My family used to say stuff like that all the time (especially the blood-is-thicker-than-water stuff), but when I came out of the closet, they dropped me like a bad habit, and my friends stayed by my side. To this day, we're not on speaking terms. Oi.
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#2513 Post by Blue Lemma »

@Gear: That's too sad (well, about your family - yay for your friends)... :( *e-hug*

@Sapphi: It's a scientifically proven fact that heads without bullets are 200% happier than those with them :) I hope things pick up for you soon. *e-hug for you too*

@the whole wisdom teeth thing: I had mine removed a while back and went for the local anesthetic. The only real bad part was the hour of HORRIBLE puns from the doc while he worked, and drooling for several hours later...
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#2514 Post by Deji »

I need to get my wisdom teeth removed sometime... they're all horizontal and with a bit of them sprouting on the surface, causing annoyance and bveing really hard to clean. My dentist said not to worry about it until they start causing real trouble, though, but the fact they're really hard to clean and the gums around them get swollen often, bothers me to no end =_=;
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

RunicV
Veteran
IRC Nick: RunicV

#2515 Post by RunicV »

I just got hit by a car today.

Um. I'm still in shock.

I don't know what to say.

I'm happy to be alive, of course.

I feel weird.

I almost died today.

Yeah.
Hatred: the absence of love.
Please, treat me with kindness.

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#2516 Post by SusanTheCat »

RunicV wrote:I just got hit by a car today.
I'm glad you're ok!

::hugs::

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#2517 Post by teacup »

@RunicV

Oh wow, I feel so bad for you ;n;
I'm glad you're okay!

All this talk about teeth reminds me of how much my teeth have been annoying me lately.
I had braces for 4 years and I also had a mouth surgery to correct this gap in between my front teeth. I got my braces off about four years ago and my teeth have been nice and straight since then, until about a month ago when I woke up and MY GAP HAD RETURNED D:
I was incredibly pissed off because... what the heck was the purpose of the braces and surgery if my teeth were just going to revert to how they were before?! I have permanent retainers so they aren't supposed to move at all! I've gone back to covering my mouth every time I smile and... well, trying to talk as little as possible, because I'm so self conscious.
I'll probably have to go back to the orthodontist and get a removable retainer now to push my teeth back into place (ouch). This is so annoying. :s
I'm already insecure about my appearance, and my teeth were one thing I was okay with... but now I don't even have that to feel good about! Sigh....

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#2518 Post by Sapphi »

RunicV wrote:I just got hit by a car today.

Um. I'm still in shock.

I don't know what to say.

I'm happy to be alive, of course.

I feel weird.

I almost died today.

Yeah.
O_O Oh my gosh, are you hurt?
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DeeKay
Veteran

#2519 Post by DeeKay »

@RunicV
Holy mackerels ! How did that happen ??
Well.. as long as you're okay. Just take it easy, alright ? :wink:

@teacup
NoOoOoOo ! If Teacup-chan won't smile, I won't smile anymore either ! Way to go DeeKay, that's not a cheering up line at all..
That's a bit.. odd. I don't have issues with my teeth so I can only imagine how it would feel. Dang..
teacup wrote:I'm already insecure about my appearance, and my teeth were one thing I was okay with... but now I don't even have that to feel good about! Sigh....
Oh come on ! Don't tell me your only interesting trait is based on your teeth ! There's more to a person than that ! :)
-- No longer active --
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

-- Check out this project if you have some time !

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#2520 Post by KittyKatStar »

Yay teeth talk. I went through 7 years of braces, 3 surgeries, etc to correct my terrible teeth. Basically my mouth is too small, my teeth are TOO big, my roots are too long, so they had to pull out a lot of teeth. I think I only have 24 in total compared to the average adult. My teeth are fine now, but yea, was a pain growing up. >_<; I have a small gap between my front teeth too, but I don't mind it.

@runicV

I hope you're okay. D: