"Thank You" Dump

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

Re: "Thank You" Dump

#16 Post by clua »

Ryouko wrote:Well, some people "helped" me rather passively, but whatever. :'D

Thank you, clua, for being so inspiring. Whenever I see your beautiful art I want to work harder on my style. =)

Thank you, LateWhiteRabbit, for posting so many useful sites - I'm always glad to see your name when browsing a thread. xD

Also, thank you, Camille, Auro, for... being amazing. :'D
You two work so well together, I'm always impressed. (It's kinda encouraging.)

And again - thank you, KimiYoriBaka, for your constant help! Be it programming (just look at these cute minigames I have thanks to you!) or looking over my text - you help me a lot. x3

Not to forget redeyesblackpanda and leon - I'm starting blogging in the next days, ane even though I fail at the design as my knowledge of CSS is little, it's fun. :>

- R.
D:: Oh wow.... ;_; Im glad my work have that impact, I feel usefull XD!

Hmmm well I have to thank Pytom for making Ren py! I having a lot of fun making games haha.
Also thank you to everyone who works hard on their games! As a creator also, I know its hard to pull them.
Cheers to everyone ;:D!
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

MusicaFate
Regular
Organization: Hime*Ko Productions

#17 Post by MusicaFate »

owo I stalked redeyesblackpanda here so I'd like to thank him for making this thread~
I would like to thank WeakJounin for being my bestest online buddy and allowing me to help on his projects. *even though we never got a single one done /shot *
:P
Free Artist. :) PM ME ?~

izukwon
Regular
Projects: Saundersi: Level 7

#18 Post by izukwon »

Wow this!
I'd like to thank Razz, Wakagana and Nellie for involving me in their game projects and being very understanding with my condition when I fail to deliver work on deadlines >.< Now I have even more list in my portfolio :p

wakagana
Veteran
Projects: Flash Q
Organization: Team Bread

#19 Post by wakagana »

izukwon wrote:Wow this!
I'd like to thank Razz, Wakagana and Nellie for involving me in their game projects and being very understanding with my condition when I fail to deliver work on deadlines >.< Now I have even more list in my portfolio :p
Oh shush. You're doing fine. You're awesome anyways :3

AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

#20 Post by AshenhartKrie »

Thanks Reyire, for programming the first game I wrote and colouring my artwork for it, and Thanks Junna, for doing my second game with me.

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

Artemiy

#21 Post by Artemiy »

Thank you, gekiganwing, for making this forum fun to read thanks to your insightful comments in almost every EVN thread around here.
Gekigan Flare!
Thank you, PyTom, for Ren'Py, which is probably the main reason the EVN community is this prominent today. You'll get a lot of this in the thread, but I'll join the crowd.

fioricca
Veteran
Completed: Rising Angels Reborn (2013), Rising Angels Fates: Allegiance (2017)
IRC Nick: souten

#22 Post by fioricca »

Oh no this is my most favourite topic ever

Thank you everyone for being so awesome ;_; No seriously, because it's wonderful to be able to stumble upon such a colourful (and thankful!) community. I always feel like I'm constantly ruining someone's day whenever I voice any opinions out here, so thanks for putting up with me whenever, too. (Like now sob) Special mentions to PyTom for making Ren'py, of course -- I still remember the first time I input a bunch of codes into Ren'py and see how it puts my art/writing ideas together. It really was like watching magic happen, so I'm really glad to have the opportunity to experience what a game engine can do to my art. Being able to make a game of your own is always such an exciting process, so I'm grateful for this process to have been enabled so easily!

Shout out also to JW, who's been coding everything for me dsfhgasdf it's always so exciting to receive e-mail updates. ;w; To all those who gave me feedback on my WIP, thank you again! They really mean a lot. /sheds tear

A lot of the users in this forum have contributed insightful, eye-opening opinions which have really inspired me in many different ways. The list is too long, but in short, thanks for being who you are, you guys. ;w;

Cidz
Veteran
Completed: The Forgetful Kiwi [NanoReno 2012], Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Projects: Words Within Our Hearts, Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Organization: Starlight Melodies
Tumblr: starlightmelodies
Deviantart: cidthekitty

#23 Post by Cidz »

I;m not very good at remembering names, and I'm afraid of leaving someone out. So i'll just leave a general thank yous.

I want to thank everyone that has helped me answer and learn programing in renpy. (I'm still such a newb >_< ) Thanks for your patients, and for not yelling at me for not knowing simple things. I really do appreciate that.

Thank you everyone that has given me feedback regarding WWOH. Thanks to you, we're able to get a better idea, and direction on what to do with the game.

Thanks to pytom for creating renpy, thanks to blue lemma for creating lemmasoft!

And just thanks all around to everyone, you seem to be such a nice community. I hope someday, I can become as good as all of you.

Heisenberg
Regular
Organization: Los Pollos Hermanos

#24 Post by Heisenberg »

Thank you T-Dog for being the voice of reason. you will be missed Mr. black man, R.I.P ;_;
You think I'm in danger? Skyler, I am the danger.

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

#25 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

There are so many people I should be thanking, but I want to choose just a few in particular for now.

First, Thanks to PyTom. Not only for creating and continuing to support RenPy, but also all the advice you've given me so far, even if some of the questions were not always good ones.

Thanks to the fine folks that lurk in the Ren'Py IRC chat room. Not only are you helpful, but you also help me to understand how things work.

Thanks to OokamiKasumi for your wonderful advice. You've made my life so much easier, and saved me countless hours of work.

Thanks to DragoonHP was helping me out a lot when I was stuck with some important coding issues.

Thanks to sare for also helping me a lot with coding issues, and giving me someone to bounce ideas off of.

Thanks to Kaorin for not strangling me when I come up with crazy requests.

Thanks to everyone who has helped contribute towards making my dream a reality, through art, coding tips, writing advice, contructive criticism, or even just showing interest. There is still a long way to go, but the journey is much more enjoyable with your help.

And last, but not least, thanks to everyone who has, or will, contribute to the Ren'Py Cookbook section of the forums. So many of those topics have made life much easier for many of us, and raised the overall quality of Ren'Py VNs.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#26 Post by Obscura »

I was gonna put this somewhere in the credits section of my game, but I dunno...I have the strangest feeling Tom's not ever going to be looking at my game.

So thank you Tom for making Ren'Py and providing updates and improvements to all of us hobbyists. Not only are you the granddad of this community, but you've helped spawn all these marvelous games that otherwise wouldn't exist some of which I'm sure you disapprove of.

And even more thanks for putting up with me for the past couple of months. I feel like I've been one of the more troublesome LS members. Sorry about that.
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#27 Post by PyTom »

Obscura wrote:So thank you Tom for making Ren'Py and providing updates and improvements to all of us hobbyists. Not only are you the granddad of this community, but you've helped spawn all these marvelous games that otherwise wouldn't exist some of which I'm sure you disapprove of.
You're welcome.

By and large, there's little I disapprove of. There are a lot of games that don't interest me, especially in the BxB and GxB classifications. There are games that touch on my interests directly - bishoujo, science fiction, space based, preferably all three. And that's fine - I can't expect every game to interest me, although I try to encourage those who do.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#28 Post by Obscura »

Um, here I am again to thank everybody in this forum for helping me with my game. I think (?) I may be approaching my KS goal, and it would have been nigh impossible without a bunch of you! THANK YOU!
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

cuttlefish
Regular

#29 Post by cuttlefish »

Thank you Blue Lemma for creating Lemma Soft Forums.

Thank you PyTom, Taleweaver, LVUER, and sake-bento for continuing to run and help create the place this is now.

This should clear things up... '''OTL

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#30 Post by SusanTheCat »

Thank you to everyone on this forum for being polite thoughtful people.

This is my haven on the internet.

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas