"Thank You" Dump

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

"Thank You" Dump

#1 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

I don't know how but this just happened to pop into my head, so I'm creating this "thank you" dump.

Everyone likes to receive thoughtful comments, right? :mrgreen:

The idea is to thank any members that you want to for specific things (this means you'll be putting thought into your thanks). You could scroll through here and see who appreciates you and why~

An example of what not to do:
"Thanks [username]! (nothing else)" Why? Comments like that require little thought and mean little as a result.
"Thanks, redeyesblackpanda for taking so long on your projects." Why? You're supposed to be nice. Sarcastic comments are not nice. :lol:

Alright, here are my "thank you's":
Thanks, SvenTheViking for your advice when it comes to character motivation. It's really helped me a lot in writing and thinking about my characters. :')
Thanks, Tag- for being the first person to offer to do art for one of my projects.
Thanks, all of my other artists for being amazing and putting up with my pickyness. These artists have to deal with me asking pictures to be changed in the slightest of ways... a bunch of times. :')
Thanks to CheeryMoya for helping with the art for another project. You draw a wonderful crayon pic, and I appreciate your self sacrifice (like drawing with a mouse O.O). ^^
Thanks to all the mods for dealing with the insane number of spambots we've had recently and for everything else.
Thanks especially to PyTom for giving up his own time to develop Ren'Py. It's amazing, and I really enjoy using it~

Well... that's it for mine... for now anyway. Odds are I forgot to thank someone else, because there are just so many amazing people on this forum. ^^;
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: "Thank You" Dump

#2 Post by CheeryMoya »

redeyesblackpanda wrote:Thanks to CheeryMoya for helping with the art for another project. You draw a wonderful crayon pic, and I appreciate your self sacrifice (like drawing with a mouse O.O). ^^
I will be shamed forever when that game comes out, I swear...
Thanks to Ryurieri, for sticking around even after our first "project" failed and for enduring my constant prodding all this time.
Thanks to Mild Curry, for volunteering to be one of my programmers even though my Recruitment thread had very little details about the game you were about to dive into.
Thanks to Funnyguts, for also volunteering to be one of my programmers and for enduring my rants about everything and anything.
Thanks to redeyesblackpanda, for being understanding even when I'm acting pissy or uncooperative. Or used to understand, now I have my doubts.

Yup yup.
Last edited by CheeryMoya on Wed May 02, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#3 Post by Crocosquirrel »

Thank you to SvenTheViking, Lux-Nero, Kingv, CheeryMoya and misamisa for their patience, tolerance, and able assistance in the work on Trials of Troubleshooters, coming soon to Lemmasoft!
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

SvenTheViking
Regular
Projects: Chronicles of the Timetraveler's Wars
Organization: ProgMan Productions; Polymorphic Games

#4 Post by SvenTheViking »

First off, thank you to everyone in the LemmaTV chat for your continuing patience, ideas, and your near-inexhaustible source of entertainment. That goes double for anyone in the D&D group.

Thank you to DarkSpartan and Redeyesblackpanda (henceforth Panda) for bringing me in on various projects, giving me a much needed source of something to do with my time.

Thanks to everyone who either has done free art (images or music, in particular) or has given code examples, which save me considerable amounts of time.

I know I'm forgetting a BUNCH of people, but after rushing to help Spartan and Panda finish their respective short games, my brain's about shot, so sorry! You are appreciated!
"Be not afraid of greatness: some men are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them."
William Shakespeare, "Twelfth Night"

Nightydreams
Regular
Projects: The Saddest Music In The World

#5 Post by Nightydreams »

Thanks to PyTom and LemmaTV for being so ballin'

Thanks to Redeyesblackpanda for letting me grow from the realm of simple novel editing and proofreading to the realm of visual novel editing and proofreading.

Thanks to Lux-Nero for giving me a writing job and dealing with my situation most professionally.

Thanks to Zieva for letting me in on your work which is awesome and putting up with my situation also.
I believe that a man should not go back on his decisions,
But here I am deciding to break that one rule of manliness.
Because I would rather be thought less of as a man,
Then be lost as a person.

-Alexander. Infinity Ocean
Attachment and Love, is Attachment and Love, regardless of time, space or circumstance.
- Terro, The Saddest Music In The World

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#6 Post by Taleweaver »

Thanks to DaFool, an amazing guy who has given me opportunities I would never have thought of before.

Thanks to Py'Tom for explaining U.S. domestic policies to me. And for Ren'Py.

Thanks to Blue Lemma for being the first guy to pay me for VN writing.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Loop, The Madness
Projects: In Orbit, TBA
Organization: Gliese Productions

#7 Post by Greeny »

Thank you Sake Bento and Jack Norton for being such a great inspiration to the OELVN community!
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!
Gliese Productions | Facebook | Twitter

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by SusanTheCat »

Just a call out to how awesome PyTom.

I just spent the weekend immersed in making Mini Games in Ren'Py and was amazed at how flexible the system is and at how totally awesome the documentation is.

WOW!

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

Chushiki Maho
Regular
Projects: X-Tasy, Teacher Pets, Virus
Organization: Infinite Scribbles Productions

#9 Post by Chushiki Maho »

Thanks to Pytom for making Ren'Py. I dunno what I'd be doing without it... Probably doing nothing productive.

Thanks to wingzofdarkness for being an awesome artist and helping me so much.

Thanks to Maltaglilati for still making awesome graphics despite that fact that I give her terrible descriptions to work off of.

Thanks to Yeoppo_Kitsune for being an awesome friend and getting me off my lazy butt when I didn't want to program. :')

~Maho
X-Tasy - GXB (WIP)
~ My Fanfiction
Virus [NaNoRenO 2012]
French to English (or vice-versa) VN translator ~ PM me if interested :3

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran

#10 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

More thanks, since there's been lots to thank people for!

(Some new thanks for new people, and some new thanks for old people :lol: )

Thanks DarkSpartan, for creating the HellPanda forum.
Thanks SvenTheViking, for helping with technical things that I fail completely at!
Thanks Tag-, for doing so much for Eternal Memories, and taking on much more than any other artist.
Thanks Maltagliati, for designing such amazing and original uniforms, and also for your other work!
Thanks Nekomiira, for being crazy fast and inspiring everyone with your awesomeness!
Thanks gekiganwing, for being the first to comment on the Eternal Memories thread and offer excellent insight. I think you've motivated and inspired a lot of people by giving attention to pretty much every new WIP!

That's it for now. :lol:
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#11 Post by fleet »

Thanks for PyTom for promptly responding favorably to my request.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran

#12 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Thanks LVUER for being amazing working with me on Lo & Li and doing amazing artwork! We were able to make that deadline, which was awesome and something that I wasn't sure was even possible! :lol:
Tsundere VN

Endorphin
Veteran

#13 Post by Endorphin »

Well, some people "helped" me rather passively, but whatever. :'D

Thank you, clua, for being so inspiring. Whenever I see your beautiful art I want to work harder on my style. =)

Thank you, LateWhiteRabbit, for posting so many useful sites - I'm always glad to see your name when browsing a thread. xD

Also, thank you, Camille, Auro, for... being amazing. :'D
You two work so well together, I'm always impressed. (It's kinda encouraging.)

And again - thank you, KimiYoriBaka, for your constant help! Be it programming (just look at these cute minigames I have thanks to you!) or looking over my text - you help me a lot. x3

Not to forget redeyesblackpanda and leon - I'm starting blogging in the next days, ane even though I fail at the design as my knowledge of CSS is little, it's fun. :>

- R.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#14 Post by fleet »

Thank you to darkspartan.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Daggett
Regular
Projects: The Gensoukyou Conspiracy (suspended), The Tribulation Of a Torn Anima (suspended), The Gensoukyou Project Funsized Edition
Organization: None

#15 Post by Daggett »

First off I'd like to say I haven't been here long, so my list is a tad short. But, I am hoping to add more name in later post.

Thank you to Gear: For being so understanding, trying to help me out, and putting me in contact with others.
Thank you to DarkSpartan: For being so understanding, putting me in contact with Gear, and for being honest about that one thing.
Individuality's fine... As long as we all do it together.