What is your type?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

Re: What is your type?

#16 Post by Anna »

Oh, it's fun to read these! Let's see...

Generally I like a lot of people, as long as they're nice and listen to what you say. Other than that, I adore people who have a sense of humour, are decently intelligent, independent and have an opinion of their own. It's hard to talk with someone who only replies with 'I don't know'.

The only people I really dislike, are those who try to emotionally blackmail you (e.g. 'I'll kill myself if you don't date me!' well, have fun), can only think of getting into your pants and those who can't separate reality from fiction.

An example of the last would be that some people tend to think that a relationship is like a support in Fire Emblem: as long as you stick to the other long enough, they will start liking you. Well, no. It doesn't work that way. Someone also once called me a 'tsundere', while ignoring it required 'dere'... as if that would come naturally or something?

facades
Regular

#17 Post by facades »

Wow.. It seems like intellectual level is pretty important for most people. (: Just wondering, ( if this isn't hijacking the discussion ) do guys mind if their girlfriends are more intelligent and capable than them? Or if their wives earn more money than them and are of higher status in the working world?
Because I've heard of cases when the guy's pride is hurt because of this and their marriage is affected.
The various posts about intellectual level made me remember of some cases when the girl might actually 'act dumb' so that the guy feels better being the teacher or leader in their relationship.
teacup wrote:I find myself more drawn to guys who keep to themselves... they're usually the ones who have the most interesting things to say!
So true! At least for some people I know.:)
LVUER wrote:I'm omnivore, I practically eat any kind of girl. Remember, my main dish will be alway lolies ;P
Laughed out loud when I read this! xD

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#18 Post by SilverxBlue »

facades wrote:The various posts about intellectual level made me remember of some cases when the girl might actually 'act dumb' so that the guy feels better being the teacher or leader in their relationship.
I'm ashamed to say this, but I acted like this for a guy I used to like, and liked me back. (But we never became girlfriend and boyfriend.)

He likes to tutor me even if I already knew the topic/lesson. He also likes to think that he's the one who's usually right, so I played along with it. But when he started bragging about how smarter he is, even if he actually isn't, I started hating him and I literally slapped myself for liking him.

I think that was where my hatred for over-confident guys originated.
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

sciencewarrior
Veteran
Projects: Valentine Square (writer) Spiral Destiny (programmer)

#19 Post by sciencewarrior »

I may be the only one who likes the really, really dense guy, but that's because I can identify with him. When I was young and stupid, girls were a total mystery to me. Trying to read them was like trying to read an Urdu-Chinese dictionary in braille.

Attractive females? Definitely womanly women. LVUER can have all the lolis, just send me the teachers and motherly onee-sans.
Keep your script in your Dropbox folder.
It allows you to share files with your team, keeps backups of previous versions, and is ridiculously easy to use.

facades
Regular

#20 Post by facades »

SilverxBlue wrote: He likes to tutor me even if I already knew the topic/lesson. He also likes to think that he's the one who's usually right, so I played along with it. But when he started bragging about how smarter he is, even if he actually isn't, I started hating him and I literally slapped myself for liking him.

I think that was where my hatred for over-confident guys originated.
Yes, exactly. I understand how it feels.. I'm not sure if the extent of the problem depends on which country or culture one is from.
But after observing some of my friends, I think it's either girls have to find guys that are way smarter and capable than them
or they have to find someone who loves them despite these differences and accepts them as they are.
Thanks for sharing your experiences! (: Hope you'll not meet that kind of guy again >.<.

MiSi
Veteran
Completed: Santa
Projects: On Grey Wings, The Master's Call, Shadowborn ...while having many more in mind ;)

#21 Post by MiSi »

Regarding fiction I would say, I've always liked the really crazy guys. Let them be either extremely silly or (slightly) sadistic... I can't help but immediately falling in love with them. Give them some hot glasses and/or a suit/scientist's coat and they're perfect for me. (Yes, I like intelligent guys. Even those, who are insanely intelligent... :twisted: :lol: )
I also tend to like a bit pervy guys... who enjoy teasing others, making fun of them all the time, haha :wink:

In real life I prefer intelligent men. But only if they are intelligent enough not to brag about their knowledge all the time (I can't stand that!). They should be open-minded and not scared to wear gothic outfit in one and a formal suit in the next moment (yup, I'm doing that :wink: ). Also, a guy should be able to stand a woman who is as silly as me (only sometimes, though. Or not? :D ), preferably making stupid jokes and lame puns all the time as well... And guess what? I may be shy, but regarding partnership I prefer to lead the way (although one might not notice it, because I'm good at manipulating :twisted: :lol: ). But what I definitively don't like, are the obeying-to-everything types. He should be teasing back a bit :P
So... if such a guy has long, blond hair and blue eyes (combined with glasses :mrgreen: ) I would fall for him in no second :lol:

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#22 Post by Reikun »

MiSi wrote:Let them be either extremely silly or (slightly) sadistic... I can't help but immediately falling in love with them. Give them some hot glasses and/or a suit/scientist's coat and they're perfect for me.
Shuu from Hatoful Boyfriend? ('Human' version, obviously) xD
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

MiSi
Veteran
Completed: Santa
Projects: On Grey Wings, The Master's Call, Shadowborn ...while having many more in mind ;)

#23 Post by MiSi »

Sorry, I didn't play that game (do I have to...? o.O :D )
But there is this great manga "Yami no Matsuei" by Yoko Matsushita... I can't decide which of the guys I like the most -> link, link (in reality I think, I would go with this one :D ), link

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#24 Post by teacup »

facades wrote:Wow.. It seems like intellectual level is pretty important for most people. (: Just wondering, ( if this isn't hijacking the discussion ) do guys mind if their girlfriends are more intelligent and capable than them? Or if their wives earn more money than them and are of higher status in the working world?
Because I've heard of cases when the guy's pride is hurt because of this and their marriage is affected.
The various posts about intellectual level made me remember of some cases when the girl might actually 'act dumb' so that the guy feels better being the teacher or leader in their relationship.
I think most guys do mind ^^;
My boyfriend and I take Japanese lessons together, and he gets pretty upset every time I get a better grade on exams than him. He still isn't over the fact that I got an A first semester and he got a B. I think he'd definitely be happier if he was more proficient than me in the class, but I'm not going to dumb myself down to make him happy XD
I think as long as you don't shove your intelligence in their face, it shouldn't hurt the guy's pride too much. They really just need to get over it though;;

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#25 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Peronality:
- Fantastic witty sense of humor
- Laid back
- Intelligent
- Ambitious (he must have goals in life)
- Sweet/Gentleman

Physical:

I drool for the ruggedly handsome. Slightly messy hair, 3 day growth, well toned body, tall (Hugh Jackman...:Q. Plus he is super nice~) But I'm pretty flexible with appearance (and the chances of that happening are slim :D) and it's personal preference. Much less so with personality.

Thelo
Regular

#26 Post by Thelo »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:Peronality:
- Laid back
[...]
English isn't my first language, so I'm probably missing something here, but aren't these things kind of opposites?

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#27 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Thelo wrote:
Auro-Cyanide wrote:Peronality:
- Laid back
[...]
English isn't my first language, so I'm probably missing something here, but aren't these things kind of opposites?
Kind of. By that I mean I like to see a guy who has a job, likes to travel, likes to achieve things and learn, but who also knows how to relax and hasn't got arrogance issues. Someone who can have a good laugh at himself, but also respects himself enough not to waste life. Balance I suppose, in different areas of life.

facades
Regular

#28 Post by facades »

teacup wrote: I think most guys do mind ^^;
My boyfriend and I take Japanese lessons together, and he gets pretty upset every time I get a better grade on exams than him. He still isn't over the fact that I got an A first semester and he got a B. I think he'd definitely be happier if he was more proficient than me in the class, but I'm not going to dumb myself down to make him happy XD
I think as long as you don't shove your intelligence in their face, it shouldn't hurt the guy's pride too much. They really just need to get over it though;;
I see.. I guess it's about thinking how others would feel first before doing anything and having mutual understanding for each other. Thanks for your advice! :D
Auro-Cyanide wrote: Kind of. By that I mean I like to see a guy who has a job, likes to travel, likes to achieve things and learn, but who also knows how to relax and hasn't got arrogance issues. Someone who can have a good laugh at himself, but also respects himself enough not to waste life. Balance I suppose, in different areas of life.
It's the same for me too. :) Someone who, in the long-term and on the overall, has a direction in life while in everyday living is not tensed but is patient and can take things a step at a time.

It's really fun to read everyone's description of their 'ideal person'! :)
And it's interesting how different people look out for different characteristics ( sometimes polar opposites) in others.
I guess these different traits in everyone make each person unique. (:

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#29 Post by OtomeWeekend »

When I saw this, I thought you meant bloodtypes xD

Anyways, for gaming: I like bad boys(and the long list goes on). lol
In real life: ....well, let's just say I don't think I'll ever get married till I grow old. :lol: though it would be best to have someone who understands that his girl is a super otaku and loves otome gaming(someone like hinano's hubby!!!! who even helped her play utapri music xDD) That would be the best partner for a hardcore gamer like me. *dies* in short, someone who can accept who I am.
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Lennonhead
Regular
Projects: "Hinomaru", "I'm Not His Friend"

#30 Post by Lennonhead »

I like smart and sophisticated men. A well put-together appearance is a must, and I would like to have conversations on an intelligent level.

So, I'm single.