What is your type?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: What is your type?

#136 Post by fleet »

Hitomi Tanaka
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Writer16
Regular
Projects: Shades (GXB/Romance/Short/Silly/Freeware)
Tumblr: my-allisondiamond-world
Deviantart: allisondiamond1

#137 Post by Writer16 »

What type am I attracted to?

The guys that I find myself attracted to all poccessed similar qualities.

Communication is an important asset in any given relationship. I'm attracted to guys that are intellectual, but not arrogant and ignorant; have an openness to new aspects. Someone who can be asinine at times, and not overly worked up with responsibilities but don't neglect those responsibilities though. Someone who I can interact with easily.

I don't really have any objections towards appearances. Mostly, I find myself attracted to guys that aren't necessarily cute, but attractive in the masculine kind of way. It's difficult to explain.

To summed it up, I like a guy who has brains, a good conversationalist, open to new ideas, have a good sense of humor whether it's strange or not, have a good fashion sense, a good debater, and a gentleman.

What? I like a guy who keeps up with the trends or have his own fashion sense, but not better than mine, though.

For the most part, I'm a very nice person; the type of girl who affixed on the positive side. So it's quite the dilemma to get on my bad side.

Hachiko
Regular

#138 Post by Hachiko »

Hmm, this is actually a p. good topic! (Esp for future references if I do happen to make a VN myself in the future hehe...^^)

As for guys, appearance-wise I am usually attracted to boys who have goatee, high cheekbone, or have a mature look on them. Think Johnny Depp. Glasses occasionally too, since they give off the serious/smart no-nonsense vibe. Chicks really dig that y'know? x) Also someone who dress to impress since I, uh, don't really pay much attention to how I look... >_> Personality-wise, I would lean on the funny ones, usually good conversationalists since I am not very sociable myself. Also said person must be sporty or at least do not mind being outdoors, because I love being outside. Also I sometimes find myself being attracted to guys who has confidence, I don't even mind if he comes off a bit arrogant (as long as he doesn't shove his ideas down my throat 24/7). I mean, at least it beats being mopey all the time! ><

Basically, it's usually the latter part I've mentioned. I don't really have that much high standards towards fashion sense (since I am ab-so-lute-ly terrible at matching colors :lol: ), but as long as he doesn't dress weirdly/catch people's attention too much, or at least not WORSE than me, then it's fine!

About girls/friends, again, I find myself attracted to people who are good conversationalists, or in my words simply, someone who has 'tact' (something that I lack of again...) and also someone who has to hide. I like breaking people's persona (yeah I'm awful xD) and doesn't mind my honest opinions (it doesn't matter if they still act 'nice' at other people, as long as they're honest with me I'm good.) And also somehow who has dorky humor like me and like laughing at other people (secretly ofc xD). Most of my friends are um, kinda masochists, so that probably says a lot about my personality. xD

Nekobiker
Regular

#139 Post by Nekobiker »

I find some of the posts here quite confusing.

Like, he has to be funny but serious. He has to be relaxed but ambitious. He has to be devoted, but not jealous. He has to be intelligent, but not too proud of it.

I realise these are just wishes, but I'm curious if people actually apply such self-contradictory standards to people in real life. Some of the demands don't seem fulfillable.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#140 Post by papillon »

Because what many people want is everything - in just the right balance of moderation.

The same trick in reverse is used by phoney psychics trying to convince you that they really understand you on a deep level. Because you are X, but not too X / X in a bad way. You are X, but sometimes you are Y. Vague contradictory fluff that you'll hear like you want to hear.

Hachiko
Regular

#141 Post by Hachiko »

Haven't really read all of the pages but I don't think being devoted and intelligent necessarily mean that person would have tendencies to be jealous easily or being proud. I've met this guy from one of the top schools in my area and he is one of the most humble person I've ever met. As for the former "funny but serious", there's also this guy who's the class clown and gets surrounded by girls all the time but I've seen him be very serious whenever he's doing schoolwork/other class.

Crenshaw6
Regular

#142 Post by Crenshaw6 »

In a VN, I'd usually go for the tsundere (I just love watching them gradually dere-fy and blush) or the really clumsy, shy and awkward person. I find them really cute that way. The prince-type always ends up last in my playing order.

In real life, tsunderes would just be really annoying. Headaches much. I'd go for an intelligent guy who also loves to be creative (music or art). Polite, ambitious and sweet.

Dazed
Completed: Katawa Shoujo, The Dolls' Stories
Projects: Fish & Chicks

#143 Post by Dazed »

Crenshaw6 wrote:In a VN, I'd usually go for the tsundere (I just love watching them gradually dere-fy and blush) or the really clumsy, shy and awkward person. I find them really cute that way. The prince-type always ends up last in my playing order.

In real life, tsunderes would just be really annoying. Headaches much. I'd go for an intelligent guy who also loves to be creative (music or art). Polite, ambitious and sweet.
Right there with ya. Tsunderes in real life would be....just too much. But they're hilarious in VNs and certain anime.

In real life, I prefer the all-out goofballs who are easygoing and enjoy the simple things in life. Good sense of humor is a must. And intelligence is a necessity. As far as looks go, ideal guy would be a little taller than me (I'm 5'3" so it's not asking much haha), green eyes, a few piercings/tattoos, and a semi-punk fashion style. I find pudgy guys more attractive than the leaner ones. Oh, and strong arms is also a plus.
New to the forum. Good things to come!....erm, I hope.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#144 Post by LVUER »

Dazed wrote:In real life, tsunderes would just be really annoying. Headaches much. I'd go for an intelligent guy who also loves to be creative (music or art). Polite, ambitious and sweet.
I've also talked about this with someone before. The reason why tsundere, airhead, or someone who's very shy can become so cute in anime is because we know what they think. In RL, they're will be just plain annoying. Like do you really want to date a girl who constantly slam their head into electric poles or send you flying with dragon uppercut at every chance?
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Crenshaw6
Regular

#145 Post by Crenshaw6 »

LVUER wrote:
Dazed wrote:In real life, tsunderes would just be really annoying. Headaches much. I'd go for an intelligent guy who also loves to be creative (music or art). Polite, ambitious and sweet.
I've also talked about this with someone before. The reason why tsundere, airhead, or someone who's very shy can become so cute in anime is because we know what they think. In RL, they're will be just plain annoying. Like do you really want to date a girl who constantly slam their head into electric poles or send you flying with dragon uppercut at every chance?
Yeah, I guess that must be why. In a VN, I know that they will start to become more dere. I know they'll start blushing and stammering when I pick a particular option and continue down their route and so forth. No such hopes in RL though.

Crenshaw6
Regular

#146 Post by Crenshaw6 »

LVUER wrote:
Yeah, I guess that must be why. In a VN, I know that they will start to become more dere. I know they'll start blushing and stammering when I pick a particular option and continue down their route and so forth. No such hopes in RL though.

Starshine
Veteran
Completed: http://berry-melon.blogspot.co.uk/2016/ ... -2016.html
Projects: Pancake Surprise (2016)
Tumblr: http://bettybooplover.tumblr.com
Deviantart: berry-melon
Soundcloud: sweepea-1

#147 Post by Starshine »

I like three types of characteristics, mean characters, shy characters and nice characters, all three balance out one another. I find when you put together a mean and nice character it always evens out the balance.
http://berry-melon.blogspot.com
I'm not resting until I find
What would make your eyes
Glisten like mine
With loves divine!

Boo-Boo I couldn't aspire....to anything...
Higher...than to fill that one desire to make it
My own....Bop-Bop-a-Dop-Boop-Oop-a-Doop honey?

Tempus
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Ladykiller in a Bind
Projects: StoryDevs
Tumblr: jakebowkett
Deviantart: jakebowkett
Github: jakebowkett

#148 Post by Tempus »

papillon wrote:Because what many people want is everything - in just the right balance of moderation.

The same trick in reverse is used by phoney psychics trying to convince you that they really understand you on a deep level. Because you are X, but not too X / X in a bad way. You are X, but sometimes you are Y. Vague contradictory fluff that you'll hear like you want to hear.
Barnum Statements or the Forer Effect, for anyone who's interested. General statements that you can find evidence for applying to pretty much anyone in at least some circumstances. "Usually you give people a chance, but you have trouble trusting someone who has violated that trust in the past." -- like Papillon says it's usually stuff you want to hear, but it's also likely to be true since it's really just trivial facts that apply to most people. Coupled with confirmation bias though it's pretty powerful if you're not aware of it.

Also...
papillon wrote:phoney psychics
Pleonasm :P
StoryDevs — easy-to-search profiles for VN devs (under construction!)

Trixar_za
Regular

#149 Post by Trixar_za »

The general term for it is Cold Reading. I think that the assessment that we're looking for all traits is wrong. We're looking for people with similiar or complementing traits. The other traits should be atleast toleratible. I'd still expect atleast one deal breaker trait or expectation. If you can compromise or get over that, the relationship will only get better. If not, it will kill the relationship eventually.
Did you just copy and past this to see what it said?

TheHappyAsylum
Regular
Projects: Paranormal Detective

#150 Post by TheHappyAsylum »

In visual novels or anime I'm almost always attracted to the calm, cool person. I'm not sure why, I just always attach myself to them! The second person would be the goofy person, since I'm very goofy myself :lol: