What is your type?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Tahrgat
Regular
Projects: End of Darkness
Organization: Artistic License Studio

Re: What is your type?

#151 Post by Tahrgat »

I have always liked women with an inner strength that aren't afraid to or have enough courage to let you know that they like you. I married this type after all.

Juneberry
Regular
Completed: One Leaf Clover
Projects: Deadly Heart

#152 Post by Juneberry »

I vary a lot when I look for someone either to be friends with or romantically. However, I always find someone with a somewhat sarcastic and generally definitive sense of humor the most notable to me...Mostly because in my family, everyone takes things as an attack, and I'd rather be close to people NOT like that. It's teaching me how to be similar to them rather than family.

I also look for kind and calm people. I mean, I don't dislike loud people. My best friend for a while was extremely loud and talkative, and that's nice too. But for me, I need someone who can both speak their mind (and sometimes mine) without screaming.

Oh, and if I ever get married, I need someone who has a good sense of smell. Because if neither of us can, we're in trouble. o.o;

In terms of books and stories, though, the characters I grow close to vary far more. The childish ones, the 'tsundere', the cynical...Each has their charms to me at different points in different ways. I think it's the general character as a whole that catches me.

I also seem to have a thing for K-names though.

Head_Phones
Regular
Projects: Clichéd

#153 Post by Head_Phones »

IRL, I think the standard funny, clever, and tough-ish type. Basically, a witty asshole. But not sarcastic. Something like that. I also tend to be either very cocky or make lots of self-deprecating jokes, so someone who complements that? Eh.

Also, being good-looking (I prefer the slightly more feminine kind of good-looking) is a huge bonus.

As you can see, I am young and I can dream.

In fiction, I've always liked the mischievous characters. For example, the Weasley twins (in particular, Fred) and Kaoru Hitachiin (less idiotic of the pair), but for some reason, (in fiction anyways) gentleman-ly characters are always portrayed as some sorta angel, and it makes them seem fake. Also, I am usually not attracted to danderes.

Oh yes, and the eccentric guy, unless he's out of his fucking mind or something.

Well I hoped that helped <3
'You may be a cunning linguist, but I am a master debater'
~Austin Powers

Profile pic drawn by the wonderful akemicchi

|| Honest Critique ||

angeliza
Regular
Completed: 0
Projects: 0
Organization: Currently free lancing in order to gain experience

#154 Post by angeliza »

I like the quiet characters who come across as cold, but are really just shy and sweet.^^
Bonus points if they're intelligent!

In real life, I like intelligent guys who are kind and good listeners...and while looks don't really matter much to me, they are an added bonus!

DerWanderer
Regular
Organization: Nowme Studio

#155 Post by DerWanderer »

I like men who are almost three times my age.

"Unfortunately, corruption and violence have become endemic. It’s a clear symptom that the world is sick." - Gertrude Til

angeliza
Regular
Completed: 0
Projects: 0
Organization: Currently free lancing in order to gain experience

#156 Post by angeliza »

DerWanderer wrote:I like men who are almost three times my age.
So...
reverse cougar?
:3

MeiOfPearls

#157 Post by MeiOfPearls »

I think I'm more in-love into those boy-next-door types. Older ones that I can also depend on who can also be kind of bad-ass and awkward at times. They also have to be tall *_* or sometimes just fill one of those requirements (Shiba, Masaki, Kou from TMGS, Katsuragi from My Sweet Bodyguard, Rivaille from Shingeki no Kyoujin *cough*He's badass depite height*cough*, and.. you get the point)

In real life, I'm also attracted to guys taller and older than me. As long as they're nice to me and pretty fun. I'm pretty tall in real life and also known as introverted and independent.
Last edited by MeiOfPearls on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nororin

#158 Post by nororin »

I hate the fact that I like the tsundere type. They annoy me but ugh I don't know why I still go for them ಠ_ಠ
The quiet characters...I kinda like, too. You know the ones who people always forgot to mention, the least favorite. But my boyfriend is the opposite! He's outgoing and everybody's favorite. Kinda makes me jealous sometimes.
Last edited by nororin on Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sugar-Junkie
Regular
Projects: Smile for Me (WIP), Greystone Manor (hiatus)

#159 Post by Sugar-Junkie »

I have a huge thing for the quiet type, specifically not the ones who have issues expressing themselves but the ones who are peaceful and don't feel the need to speak all the time. A mellow kind of person? :P I also love long hair and beards on men. Not surprisingly, my boyfriend fits both criterias, haha :D

Also, strong leading personnalities: give me a woman who takes charge and demands respect and I'll be swooning in seconds. I love short haired women and pin-up inspired make up and f.

And non-binary folks with non-binary abiding styles <3 The more I look back at this list, the more I realise I'm attracted to people who are openly comfortable with themselves and proud of who they are. I just lack this kind of confidence and it's a really attractive quality in my eyes.

Sadly it's rarely the kind of character I met in a VN XD

Kyra10
Regular
Projects: My Heart's Flame
Organization: Amaraluna: Otome Game Productions

#160 Post by Kyra10 »

I can be attracted to a wide range of guys from cheery and outgoing to gloomy and silent.
I need someone whom I can count on and also someone who is kind and considerate.

Fungii
Veteran
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii

#161 Post by Fungii »

DerWanderer wrote:I like men who are almost three times my age.
can I get a hell yea

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#162 Post by Rinima »

Honesty.

They -have- to be honest with me, I hate it when people lie.

Also, a sense of humour would be nice, and just someone who is nice.

Surprisingly difficult to find.

EDIT: I'm finding myself more and more attracted to girls. Girls seem to be so much more honest and don't think with their d*** (mostly cause they don't have one -_-).
Last edited by Rinima on Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Mystyk
IRC Nick: Mystyk

#163 Post by Mystyk »

In games, I like the type of guys who are outgoing, cheerful, kind, friendly and funny, and also the computer guys (especially if they wear glasses) who are cool and still cute when embarassed. I think this also applies for real life.

I don't really like it when guys are too shy to talk about their feelings.

Crystaline Spade
Regular
Projects: Where the Wind Travels
Tumblr: crystaline-spade
Deviantart: CrystalineSpade

#164 Post by Crystaline Spade »

The type of guys that I like on TV are like the main character in Arrow(Stephen Amell){Haven't watched it in forever though} and the guy who plays Callen on Ncis: Los Angeles (Chris O'Donnell). Yes I have no idea what you would call taste like that.

In games I tend to like the reckless knucklehead who leaps before looking. My favorite hair colors are red and white. Characters that I like are Heisuke(Hakuoki), Doug(Rune Factory 4) and most of the others that come to mind are from games that have no vn qualities.

In real life, I tend to not think about it that much but for some strange reason I go toward the lazy guys that are always wearing black. Like when you talk to them it seems they aren't even paying attention to you and then sit and talk with you during lunch or after class.

By the way, the type of guy I like isn't cut in stone. This is just a general idea.
Don't like skirt chasers or wimps!

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#165 Post by Morhighan »

It's funny, when I was younger, I never really thought about it. Not too hard, anyway.
The few times I considered it, I had this image of some unattainable androgynous person who was thin and intelligent and tall with long beautiful hair. And I always wanted a kind person who cared for me and had a variety of interests.
Just looked over at my fiance and realized that they fit that description pretty much perfectly. SCORE.