What is your type?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Derpravity
Projects: "Momoeda Academy" (NaNoRenO '14), "Bountiful Love"

Re: What is your type?

#166 Post by Derpravity » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:53 am

Hmm...

* Honest, straightforward people. Drama isn't attractive to me. I like people who have the guts to be open and truthful all of the time.
* Intelligence. Ignorance puts me off really badly. I don't like people who, say, never read, or know that they're clueless about something but give their opinion anyway without seeking to increase their knowledge. Bonus points for a philosophical or analytical disposition.
* Individualism. I like discovering the quirks of a unique person and how they see the world. Can't stand people who obviously try to fit in and conform to their perception of external normalcy.

The people in my life that I've really been drawn to are very different from each other, and only have these three things in common. So I don't really have a type.

In VNs I just like characters that feel realistic and depart from the usual clichés, if only in execution. As long as they're interesting, I'll want to pursue their story. I think I'll always have a soft spot for offbeat oddballs, though.
Last edited by Derpravity on Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chocopyro
Regular
Projects: Keepsake: Orison of the falling leaves
Organization: Patchwork Novels

#167 Post by Chocopyro » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:50 am

I guess in visual novels, the heroines I tend to adore are the more exaggerated and expressive comic relief characters. Whether they're skittish and shy, or boisterous and outgoing, watching their overreactions to various situations just doesn't seem to get old. On top of that, I like girls who grow and develop. A heroine is more interesting when they kind of outgrow their old weaknesses and fears, cross thresholds, and validate their strengths over the course of their story arcs. And if they could stay consistent to who they are, while not being stagnant, even more points!

As for protagonists, I tend to like more decisive, proactive characters. I like protagonists who aren't afraid to meddle with the world around them. Tsundere protagonists are also kinda fun too, because its interesting seeing the protagonist kinda trying to keep everyone at an arm's length despite his or her own feelings.

Real life (Attraction) : Someone who is a bit of a dork, but happy, stable, and fun to be around really brightens my day. Stability is such a rare thing these days. ^^;
Real life (Friends) : I guess outsiders to social norms tend to gravitate toward me a lot, and the ones who really shine are the ones who are really comfortable being who they are. Its refreshing actually.

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#168 Post by curry nochi rice » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:44 am

HIME CUT MASTER RACE :v
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.