Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:16 pm
- Projects: "Momoeda Academy" (NaNoRenO '14), "Bountiful Love"
- Location: South Australia
* Honest, straightforward people. Drama isn't attractive to me. I like people who have the guts to be open and truthful all of the time.
* Intelligence. Ignorance puts me off really badly. I don't like people who, say, never read, or know that they're clueless about something but give their opinion anyway without seeking to increase their knowledge. Bonus points for a philosophical or analytical disposition.
* Individualism. I like discovering the quirks of a unique person and how they see the world. Can't stand people who obviously try to fit in and conform to their perception of external normalcy.
The people in my life that I've really been drawn to are very different from each other, and only have these three things in common. So I don't really have a type.
In VNs I just like characters that feel realistic and depart from the usual clichés, if only in execution. As long as they're interesting, I'll want to pursue their story. I think I'll always have a soft spot for offbeat oddballs, though.
- Posts: 115
- Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:38 pm
- Projects: Keepsake: Orison of the falling leaves
- Organization: Patchwork Novels
- Location: A cornfield in 'merica.
As for protagonists, I tend to like more decisive, proactive characters. I like protagonists who aren't afraid to meddle with the world around them. Tsundere protagonists are also kinda fun too, because its interesting seeing the protagonist kinda trying to keep everyone at an arm's length despite his or her own feelings.
Real life (Attraction) : Someone who is a bit of a dork, but happy, stable, and fun to be around really brightens my day. Stability is such a rare thing these days. ^^;
Real life (Friends) : I guess outsiders to social norms tend to gravitate toward me a lot, and the ones who really shine are the ones who are really comfortable being who they are. Its refreshing actually.
- curry nochi rice
- Miko-Class Veteran
- Posts: 741
- Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:12 am
- Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
- Organization: Circle Cosine
- IRC Nick: Curry
- Skype: after.curry.rice
- itch: project-rothera
Users browsing this forum: No registered users