What is your type?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Madii

Re: What is your type?

#121 Post by Madii »

In both VN's and real life, I like guys who are smart, sarcastic, witty, funny and tsundere. If he can take a joke, shoot back a witty insult when I tease them, and hold his own when arguing with me, then he automatically becomes my favorite person, hands down. Interestingly enough, I am also a fan of the typical "Bad Boy" type in VN's. I like watching them warm up to me and show their true selves after a while.

What can I say? I like a challenge. :)

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#122 Post by silverpikachu99 »

When I'm playing VNs I tend to like the kuudere or tsundere - while in anime/manga I tend to start liking the tsundere type but changing my mind in the middle of it and like the quiet cute boy (it always happens and I never know why.) As for in real life, I tend to be attracted to the tall quiet and intelligent kids who don't talk much until you start to get to know them. They start to act out-going and show their true personality, and it always makes me happy that I managed to make someone act that way only around me. Someone like Akira from watashi ni xx shinasai
i'll cry if you yell at me

Jammy

#123 Post by Jammy »

Judging by the first page I seem to be kind of the odd one out. In reality and in VN games I tend to go for the person with a 'wall', if you know what I mean. That person who tries to push you away by being pretty harsh and almost cruel because they don't want people getting close to them. I'm pretty persistent by nature and as such I like to pursue those who people call cold. 90% of the time that person isn't like the front they give out and generally with those people it pays off to get to know the real them. I guess to some people I'm annoying but I can't make everyone like me so why worry right? Those people I have met IRL and managed to break through their barriers are now some of my closest friends and I suppose I pursue those types as I'm the kind to give a false front myself. Very few people have tried to break through my walls and even less have succeeded. I don't know if that counts me as a hypocrite but it's easier to break a wall from the outside ;P
I'm going to stop rambling now o u o

trooper6
Lemma-Class Veteran
Projects: A Close Shave

#124 Post by trooper6 »

I read that list of dere types...and I wouldn't want to date any of them. They all seem to be emotionally damaged.

I like to date people who have their crap together. But then, I'm 41 and don't have time for nonsense.
Last edited by trooper6 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Close Shave:
*Last Thing Done (Aug 17): Finished coding emotions and camera for 4/10 main labels.
*Currently Doing: Coding of emotions and camera for the labels--On 5/10
*First Next thing to do: Code in all CG and special animation stuff
*Next Next thing to do: Set up film animation
*Other Thing to Do: Do SFX and Score (maybe think about eye blinks?)
Check out My Clock Cookbook Recipe: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=21978

emocookie41
Regular
Projects: Island Story

#125 Post by emocookie41 »

real life, TV shows, or even visual novels

Real Life: I like the shy guys who play lots of video games and read a lot.

Tv Shows: Always the villain. I fall for those villains who are doing bad things but they make it seem as if maybe what they are doing isn't as bad as you thought.

Visual Novels: Oh gosh... I like the guys that have a bit of an intense burning passion! The ones who seem so distant and respectful but are the type to get forceful when angry. ^^

Madii

#126 Post by Madii »

emocookie41 wrote:I like the guys that have a bit of an intense burning passion! The ones who seem so distant and respectful but are the type to get forceful when angry. ^^
This too. Although, I like it more when the guy is less quiet and more temperamental. I love guys with tempers. Maybe because it's so fun to prod them, maybe because they're more passionate than your average guy, or maybe because it's a challenge to get on/remain on their good side. I don't know. I just like them.

Oh, and red hair. I have a thing for red hair.

emocookie41
Regular
Projects: Island Story

#127 Post by emocookie41 »

Madii wrote:
emocookie41 wrote:I like the guys that have a bit of an intense burning passion! The ones who seem so distant and respectful but are the type to get forceful when angry. ^^
This too. Although, I like it more when the guy is less quiet and more temperamental. I love guys with tempers. Maybe because it's so fun to prod them, maybe because they're more passionate than your average guy, or maybe because it's a challenge to get on/remain on their good side. I don't know. I just like them.

Haha omg I love guys with red hair too! O.O we have the same taste in men! Competition XD

Madii

#128 Post by Madii »

emocookie41 wrote:
Madii wrote:

Haha omg I love guys with red hair too! O.O we have the same taste in men! Competition XD
I see... Well, then. Bring it on...
"Success is an achievement, while failure is a lesson. One cannot celebrate one, without learning from the other." ~ Somebody. I'm sure of it.

effenelle
Regular
Projects: Un:Wanted [GxB]
Deviantart: effenelle

#129 Post by effenelle »

my type? well...

VNs and TV shows: I like a guy who's cold and harsh on the outside...but when you get close to them....awww :3 And also, those villains who's quiet but do things cleverly always got my eyes on him <3

Real life: ...I don't know....I'm not into any relationship right now, but I'd like a guy who can be your close friend, who'd challenge you to some small fun occasions, and who'd always ready to answer my endless questionings >< (not the accusing questions, maybe some philosophical, scientific questions sort of like that)
Un:Wanted (GxB)
A game made from free resources found in LemmaSoft's Creative Commons!
\(^▽^)/
Thanks everyone!

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#130 Post by SundownKid »

trooper6 wrote:I read that list of dere types...and I wouldn't want to date any of them. They all seem to be emotionally damaged.

I like to date people who have their crap together. But then, I'm 41 and don't have time for nonsense.
Well, the tsundere/kuudere character has been around for a long time even in western media, for example, the film It Happened One Night where the romantic interest starts out hostile but gradually falls in love with the leading man. It's a self confidence boost for the other person because it shows that the girl is so attractive or the guy's so suave that they can woo even a person who initially dislikes them or doesn't trust them.

trooper6
Lemma-Class Veteran

#131 Post by trooper6 »

SundownKid wrote:
trooper6 wrote:I read that list of dere types...and I wouldn't want to date any of them. They all seem to be emotionally damaged.

Well, the tsundere/kuudere character has been around for a long time even in western media, for example, the film It Happened One Night where the romantic interest starts out hostile but gradually falls in love with the leading man. It's a self confidence boost for the other person because it shows that the girl is so attractive or the guy's so suave that they can woo even a person who initially dislikes them or doesn't trust them.
I don't generally find American romantic comedies either romantic or funny. Idealizing a relationship where one person treats the other like crap for half of the film is not something I think is good. I certainly wouldn't want my child to internalize the idea that cruelty or emotional/physical volatility is a sung of passionate romance. That way lies abusive relationships. Or alternately, I wouldn't want my child to internalize the idea that if a person is being standoffish and says no to you, you just keep harassing them until they capitulate to you romantic demands and that is romantic. That way lies the perpetuation of rape culture.

No. I'd like to see more romances depicted where the people involved treat each other with respect and kindness and love; where they practice good communication skills; where boundaries and consent are respected; where no means no and cruelty is not taken as romance.
A Close Shave:
*Last Thing Done (Aug 17): Finished coding emotions and camera for 4/10 main labels.
Check out My Clock Cookbook Recipe: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=21978

Arin the Eloquent
IRC Nick: Arin

#132 Post by Arin the Eloquent »

I also am not a big fan of all the "dere" characters, and the way they are caricatured in media. Only very rarely would I ever even remotely talk to someone of that emotional state just as a way to help them out and see what is really going on in their screwed up mind, but chances are they've fallen so far down that they can't be saved.

Like Trooper, I don't have time to deal with your shit. I have more important things on my agenda than taking you out to dinner, buying you expensive gifts that you'll only wear once in a lifetime, and just in general wasting my money because "she's better than you". Only people (I say "people" because I'm bi) that realize you need to shut up every now and again and fall in line are the real keepers, and those that understand that you can't just do as you please with my body. And also because real commitment to one person takes a great deal of enthusiasm, courage, and dedication (not to mention responsibility) which is something that I don't particularly have at the moment.

As far as actual "types", I can actually put up with someone energetic, to counterbalance the energy that I don't have (on multiple occasions). My more laid-back attitude would probably be kind of a turnoff to some people, and knowing that I'm not a big fan of commitment might as well. I don't mind intelligence, but just have at least common sense. If you leave your door open when you go to the bathroom......we have a problem. And by we I mean you. Also I don't care for clothing either, but just don't show up on my doorstep wearing raggedy-ass.....rags. And f***ing holes in your jeans. Those piss me off (I can stand a few small holes here and there, but anything more than that is just stupid).

My basic motto is class before ass.

On the subject of hair colour, I don't particularly mind either. Blondes tend to fall into that stereotypical area, though (or maybe that's just my luck speaking for the better) and brunettes are usually classier, from what I've gathered.

trooper6
Lemma-Class Veteran

#133 Post by trooper6 »

Arin the Eloquent wrote: My basic motto is class before ass.
That is awesome and it totally made my Sunday! :D
A Close Shave:

Tempus
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Ladykiller in a Bind
Projects: StoryDevs
Tumblr: jakebowkett
Deviantart: jakebowkett
Github: jakebowkett

#134 Post by Tempus »

I agree with what trooper6 said in their posts above.

I don't think much of "types" -- people are a lot more complex than a handful of archetypes; it's just another framework for breaking people down into groups which I'm not at all convinced is healthy or even useful.

In general I like:
  • Learners and creators.
  • People with a strange sense of humour.
  • People who like arguments.
I don't like:
  • People who feel the need to always have a strong opinion. Absolute conviction in general is a massive turn-off.
  • People who shame others for their mistakes.
  • People who never question anything; authority, themselves / their beliefs, etc.
That's a good start, but I don't see it as a "type" -- those points could apply to a lot of widely different people. Also, I don't mind quiet people, provided I don't have to prompt them for every interaction; it feels unnatural for me to do that since I'm inclined to be pretty quiet myself and not speak unless I think I have something useful or utterly absurd to say.
StoryDevs — easy-to-search profiles for VN devs (under construction!)

RobertSilvermyst
Regular
Projects: Coming Home

#135 Post by RobertSilvermyst »

I think there is one fantasy woman who perfectly portrays the qualities I like most in a woman: Lilly from Katawa Shoujo. Sweet, gentle, calm and pleasant (most of the time. Her anger does show up a few times
when dealing with Shizune and later once with Kenji)
, but overall she is very considerate and often looks out for the needs of others, like Hanako. Proper yet pleasant with beauty that radiates inside and out, through appearance and personality. Someone who is a good listener and has plenty of foresight into things. But all at the same time is deeply devoted and loving.