Free File and Web Hosting for... [important update]

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

Re: Free File and Web Hosting for VN Related Items Project!

#31 Post by Reikun »

What version of PHP/MySQL does the server support? I want to give Anchor CMS a try as an alternative to WP for blogging functions but I'd like to find out if the servers will even support it before I look too far into it. Also, would it be okay to host my art portfolio on vnovel servers along with my VN related work (skyharborr stuff)? Just wondering because some of the work may not be completely VN centric :|
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

leon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Visual Novel Tycoon, Night at the Hospital, Time Labyrinth, The Buried Moon, Left of Center, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Lemon Project, Porcelain Heart, Dream's Dénouement
Organization: Team ANARKY

#32 Post by leon »

Reikun wrote:What version of PHP/MySQL does the server support? I want to give Anchor CMS a try as an alternative to WP for blogging functions but I'd like to find out if the servers will even support it before I look too far into it.
We currently have 2 different servers available (mine and panda's). At least one of them should support the latest version of PHP. I contacted the support to make sure and asked them about Anchor. I'll let you know as soon as they reply.

Update:
I got a response from support:
Looking at the system requirements for this CMS it does appear to be compatible with our shared environment. The server you are on right now runs a dual environment of PHP 5.2.17 and 5.3.23
So the PHP version is 5.3.23, but it should be upgradable to 5.4.11 if needed, MySQL version is 5.5.23.
Reikun wrote:Also, would it be okay to host my art portfolio on vnovel servers along with my VN related work (skyharborr stuff)? Just wondering because some of the work may not be completely VN centric :|
Yes, it's fine. :)

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#33 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Ah, I thought I'd let you all know that Leon and I are currently working on changing hosts from GoDaddy to BlueHost. What does that mean for all of you? Well, hopefully, nothing noticeable. That being said, if you had an FTP account, you'll need a new one for BlueHost, so once everything's been settled, feel free to contact us if we haven't contacted you about it, and we'll set you up with something.

As for the reason for switching, BlueHost seems a bit more reliable than GoDaddy, for various reasons. :lol:

(Oh, and surprise, I'm still alive!)
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Free File and Web Hosting for VN Related... [temp notice

#34 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

I'm bumping this thread since I edited the first post. We're now actively working on switching hosts, so there's certain things that those using our hosting should know.
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Free File and Web Hosting for... [important update]

#35 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Alright, an update about the status of the offer. Basically, it's still active, but there is a foreseeable limit in the distant future. As such, I've also created this thread: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 13&t=22268
Tsundere VN