Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Actually, and this applies to all VNs in general - some of my favorite VNs or anime from VNs had a really good soundtrack. Key stuff comes to mind the most, haha. It really helps makes a game stay in your head for a while - it's why I like going back once in a while and listen to the Air soundtrack or even the Phoenix Wright soundtrack.
- Crawling Chaos
- Posts: 1824
- Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:37 am
- Location: Kimashi Tower, Japan
In RPGs, I always want the auto battle function. In sims, the auto/random select function.
- Posts: 414
- Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:01 am
- Completed: CAFE 0~The Drowned Mermaid~,duplicity~Beyond the Lies~, East Tower Series,How to Take Off Your Mask,CAFE 0 ~The Sleeping Beast~, How to Fool a Liar King
- Projects: How to Fool a Liar King
- Organization: roseVeRte
- Tumblr: roseverte
- itch: roseverte
well... like what you might already guess, I'm those of people who like Japanese VA ><;;;
Famous VA is very expensive... they're about 10 times or more than VA that I know. And it's pretty hard to hire them since we need to make a detailed contract with their office, which of course, will take time too.
Luckily I found some Jap VA that I asked to voice CAFE, and maybe my future games too.
I don't know if they can be called pro or not, consider they're not that famous and do this as a freelance, but they've already worked for some cellphone games and others.
- Eileen-Class Veteran
- Posts: 1519
- Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:35 pm
- Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
- Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
- Organization: MESI Games
- IRC Nick: Hizi
- Tumblr: mesigames
- Skype: kurotezuka
- itch: hijiri
- Location: Los Angeles
Personally, I'd say both partial-voice acting and extra scenes would be a good bonus to add.
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."
- Lemma-Class Veteran
- Posts: 4036
- Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:41 pm
- Completed: Too many! See my homepage
- Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
- Tumblr: winterwolvesgames
- Arbiter of the Internets
- Posts: 4053
- Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:37 am
- Completed: lots; see website!
- Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
- Organization: Hanako Games
- Tumblr: hanakogames
Dub/sub wars still rage madly though!ecause if the problem were with normal english voices, a lot of shows and games would have almost no fanbase at all.
- Posts: 85
- Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:37 am
- Projects: IW421 Games: Search of a sister
- Location: swiss
Voice first, but only if they rely fit the game, funny, sexy, strong etc
In eroge, aditional cg will be great but still good voice will be even better.
I'm not a lot into music, even more in video game. Generaly one of the first thing i do when playing is lower the music sound. In a lot of game music was not well doed /suited /used and just turn to be repetitive after some time playing then i just end the music and just use my own playlist in the end if i want music.
All that said it can be exeptions, if the music can suite the mood of the game and folow the story, romantic when its the good time, dramatic at other, etc... that can be good. Sadly it dont apend a lot in the game i played until now, VN like or other alike.
But, for a casual visual novel, if a character is well voiced, it is better, but if it's not, a good theme song will do. A song that I can listen in my mp3 many times a day and even sing with it's karaoke version (something like that) >.<. and I think a good theme song can help the game to be remembered by the players even after playing the game.
- Posts: 240
- Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:14 pm
- Projects: Green Eyed Monster [complete]
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:15 pm
- Projects: Unit & Jetser Forever
- Organization: Visualnovels.nl
- Location: The Hague, Holland
I love playing a game that has CGs it makes it worth going onto that path and get the good ending your looking for. Plus it's fun to play over it again to get to the CGs.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:36 pm
- Projects: Shaeyu jun Ikkshaelun
One thing I'm always looking for and remembering in games (any kind of game at all) is the music though. If a game has unique and beautiful music that helps to immerse you in the story, I remember that. And if a game has a theme song (written for the game, either about it or in alliance with the major themes of the game; think Bad Apple-- Touhou Project) it's even more alluring to me.
As a quick example, Legend of Zelda is a very good game, known for it's music. The Lost Woods Theme, Saria's Song, and the ever present Zelda's Lullaby (as well as the Market Theme and the new item jingle) are big reasons why I like those games. It has a brand identity all within a few notes, and those songs are ones that I often find myself singing when I'm alone.
- Snow Blossom
- Posts: 419
- Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 10:30 pm
- Location: Right. Behind. You.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users