When you were a child...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

Re: When you were a child...

#46 Post by SilverxBlue »

bellice wrote:
Celestine wrote:
ebi brain wrote:Kindergarten-ish: princess bunny police woman scientist inventor with a tiger sword. Don't ask me how that would work out ... But I already had the tiger sword:p
you must of had some imagination there. In kindergarten!
SilverxBlue wrote:When I was six, I wanted to be a spy... >_> I was inspired by some movie that I forgot the name of and not to mention, I was inspired by the cartoon show totally spies and Kim Possible. Meh.
Now that I'm seventeen, I either want to be a lawyer or an ambassador.

Hopefully, I could choose between the two of them now, cause college is fast approaching and I don't know if I should take a pre-law course or international studies. >_>
I remember those shows. Totatly Spies that cutesey stylish spies. Oh I loved Kim Possible. :wink:

But the whole ambassador and lawyer I would think that would go hand in hand.
I mean being ambassador is basically playing defensive political lawyer. So wouldn't it be good to go with international studies and have a bit of pre-law for an advantage for either becoming a lawyer or ambassador.

Wait, Kim Possible isn't that old, is it?
I'm seventeen, but I'm pretty sure KP wasn't around when I was six years old. Unless I was already writing fanfic then and I doubt that.

And what do you mean 'loved'? I still watch Kim Possible
I'm not sure when it was... I remember watching it when I was really young. ^^; But I still wanted to be a spy until, I was, like, ten years old, so maybe KP was airing when I was 6-10 years old.

It doesn't air here in my country anymore. ;_;

@Celestine - I guess so... I've been planning to take pre-law anyway. ^_^
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Androol
Regular
Projects: IW421 Games: Search of a sister

#47 Post by Androol »

I wanted to be first public enemy or a cop, the dichotomy didn't hit me at the time but I was very young.
It was my cat's eyes Anime Periode, so i think they are to blame.
Shamefully I failed to fulfill either of this two sided childish dream.

WatchJessieGo
Regular
Projects: A Flower Remains, Requiem for You

#48 Post by WatchJessieGo »

I wanted to be Lara Croft. I'm not even kidding. My cousin who was allowed to play more mature games gave us a copy of Tomb Raider III, and after getting a little playing time in, I started jumping across the furniture saying I was Lara Croft.

Then there's that time I wanted to be a basketball player.

And then that time when I was ten and wanted to be a meteorologist and watched the Weather Channel 24/7.

Then I wanted to be a dancer.

Then I wanted to be a poet.

Then I decided I wanted to get a film degree, and here I am now, getting a film degree. :lol:

Daggett
Regular
Projects: The Gensoukyou Conspiracy (suspended), The Tribulation Of a Torn Anima (suspended), The Gensoukyou Project Funsized Edition
Organization: None

#49 Post by Daggett »

I wanted to be a Marine Biologist, but then I found out that I would have to go to college. So, I decided I'd open a bar instead.
Individuality's fine... As long as we all do it together.

Twisted-Eva
Regular
Projects: Our Crossing Paths

#50 Post by Twisted-Eva »

I wanted to be a chef like the celebrity chefs on FoodNetwork, but I didn't know the right word when I was like, what? 8? So I told my dad I wanted to be a cook, didn't say chef, and he blew up asking if I wanted to flip burgers at low minimum wage (culinary school didn't come to mind) ;__;. Then I thought "doctor" but I can't stand the sight of blood and probably have shaking fingers holding needles. I can't persuade my way to be a lawyer >__>. I thought being a video editor, but that was too hard at the point I was at. Even to this day, my parents (especially my dad) will try and steer me into going to med school but I'm terrible at math and science. I don't care that if I put enough practice, I'll succeed as a med student because I don't even have the stable mindset to handle the burden of caring for people's lives. I already struggled to convince them as is to be a psychology major and go to graduate school for I/O psych and have a minor in business administration. The problems of a college student...
Deviantart Account
Current Project: Our Crossing Paths [GxB] [Alternate History/Drama]

khnachi
Veteran
Location: Somewhere in those 7,107 islands in the Philippines.

#51 Post by khnachi »

When I was kid, I have this dream that one day I'll become a mermaid and live under the sea with my sealion friends forever..XD
But when I entered the 6th grade I planned to become a computer engineer but then I entered high school and realized that It's full of math.
And right now I'm really confused on what course to take.:S

Michiyo6918
Veteran
Projects: ╮(╯▽╰)╭

#52 Post by Michiyo6918 »

Power ranger (ergh... because I mostly played with boys back in those days...)
-> Bird (I've always wanted to fly...)
-> Veterinarian (I love animal, but then I gave up on this dream because I found myself afraid of blood and pain, I can't even stand people cut a fish's head off in front of me...)
-> Adult (Yeah, that was when I wanted to get on the roller coaster but couldn't because I wasn't not old enough.)
-> Kid (Currently. For some lazy reasons, I don't want to grow up :?)

And also, I want to be a programmer! xD
Tumblr | DA | Honest Critique
“如果那个人是神。
他想渎神。
——【黑匣子】”

Argeus_the_Paladin
Veteran
Projects: Rzeczpospolita Polska 1647

#53 Post by Argeus_the_Paladin »

I have always wanted to be a mathematician or a great general. Both are unrealistic dreams at present.

So I'm now idolizing Armagan Yavuz, Caba'drin, Vincenzo and Saxondragon of Mount and Blade (and its mods!) fame, hoping I'd one day be able to do something of that caliber.
One Province Minor - 120 class variables and still counting!

Because there is no such thing as too many variables.

Cain

#54 Post by Cain »

I've wanted to be a professor, an inventor, an archaeologist, an actor, a writer, an engineer, ...
Hell, even an astronaut!

But right now, the thing I want to be most of all... is 'happy'.

dezro
Regular

#55 Post by dezro »

I wanted to be a writer and a baker. Still sounds pretty fun now. If only!

clannadman

#56 Post by clannadman »

I wanted to be an astronaut, then an archaeologist, then a footballer, then a magician, then a comedian and now an actor/writer/director.

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tortichki // Zayay // Hero's Spirit
Deviantart: psyalera
itch: psyalera

#57 Post by Alera »

I've always wanted to be an artist. *stares at self now....-is- an artist-LOL* Though I've had all kind of other wishes too, totally not related like- To become a journalist. But then I thought that they could send me to some dangerous place to report from there and I could get killed. XDDD LOL, I don't know how I got that idea with my kiddo mind, but it made me gave up from that wish.
Games:
❤️ Zayay [Otome?][BxPlayer][NaNo 2013]
❤️ Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Other games I've worked on:
My Heart's Flame Emissary of Starlight Freedom From Silence Sickness
And many more unannounced/secret projects. (. .)

Freyas_Aett
Projects: Jack Flint
Organization: Freya's Aett

#58 Post by Freyas_Aett »

I wanted to be the Milky-Bar Kid.

I never got to be, but I did go off to drama-school when I was 18 and worked in theatre for a while. Never made as much money in the theatre as it cost to attend drama-school, but it actually helped a lot when I went into game-development to have that background.

MizuuHime

#59 Post by MizuuHime »

I think.... I want to be a teacher. I even don't understand why I want to be a teacher, cause in the end I realized that I am not good at teaching. lol.

As I grow older, my dreams then constantly changing. When I was still in elementary school until senior high, my dream was to be a mangaka. But after I go to the college, right now, my dreams changing into illustrator. ;w;
My Deviantart: http://mizuuhime.deviantart.com/
I am looking for interesting VN projects to help for, PM me if you are interesting getting my help for sprites/CG art!

wakagana
Veteran
Projects: Flash Q
Organization: Team Bread

#60 Post by wakagana »

A dinosaur. Aint nothin' to fuck with. Bahaha. I was obessive when I was little, and i still am a bit today. So I got onto this Dinosaur frenzy and I wanted anything and everything that had to do with them. :P