When you were a child...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Syren

Re: When you were a child...

#61 Post by Syren »

When the teacher asked my class what they wanted to be when they grew up, my five-year-old me said that I wanted to be an artist. Just like (mostly) everyone else. ._. When I think about it, we weren't that very creative...I mean, I wasn't. Kids wanted to be an artist, baker...something fun? I dunno.

I kept up the 'artist' thing until I let it go and simply said 'I don't know' and waited for the future to decide for me...but I do remember saying that I wanted to be a scientist too. What kind, no clue. Now I want to be a novelist, but that's pretty far off since I'm just an incoming junior...I want to shoot for something much more achievable, but we'll see.

I'm a bit of an artist now, I guess? I'm more of a writer though. A lazy writer.

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#62 Post by Crocosquirrel »

Syren wrote:When the teacher asked my class what they wanted to be when they grew up, my five-year-old me said that I wanted to be an artist. Just like (mostly) everyone else. ._. When I think about it, we weren't that very creative...I mean, I wasn't. Kids wanted to be an artist, baker...something fun? I dunno.

I kept up the 'artist' thing until I let it go and simply said 'I don't know' and waited for the future to decide for me...but I do remember saying that I wanted to be a scientist too. What kind, no clue. Now I want to be a novelist, but that's pretty far off since I'm just an incoming junior...I want to shoot for something much more achievable, but we'll see.

I'm a bit of an artist now, I guess? I'm more of a writer though. A lazy writer.
Hmmm... That sounds like a High School Freshman I used to know... I was intolerable for a few years there, trying to get feedback on my work. That was twenty-five years ago. I suggest, if you really want to be a writer, start now. A page or two a day, and work towards getting better. Get your friends, parents, anyone who'll listen to look over your work a couple of times a month and give real feedback. You'll get better, over time, if you just keep at it. Even if it is just a few hundred words a day, every one counts.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

Syren

#63 Post by Syren »

@DarkSpartan: I already have some ideas that I've already written down, but at the moment, I'm not really in to it. I RP everyday, so I guess that counts as writing some a day. I also have to keep up with fanfictions so that my guilt of letting them wait would stop nagging me. I haven't gotten to any actual work though...I would like to, though. I would like to have a PSP Vita and I told my parents I'm going to earn the money myself. @_@