Titanic

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Titanic

#1 Post by PyTom »

(Apologize for the random off-topicness.)

It's been 100 years since the sinking of the Titanic.

Every year since 1914, the International Ice Patrol (which is run by the US Coast Guard, and funded by Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, Panama, Poland, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, and the United States of America) lays wreaths at the site of the sinking. Originally, the wreaths were laid by a Coast Guard cutter, but recently, they've been dropped from an HC-130J plane.

Every year, except for this year.

This year, the plane had planned to commemorate the Titanic was diverted to rescue the crew of a sinking French sailboat.

And I can't think of a better commemoration than that.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Valmoer
Regular

Re: Titanic

#2 Post by Valmoer »

I beg to differ.

Not that I think that it isn't an awesome comemoration, or that I'm unhappy that lives were saved (quite the contrary, actually).

But the message has been updated : It's a Spanish sailboat :roll: :lol: (To be fair, the pre-update message did say it was a french sailboat - the confusion came from the fact it was the French Rescue Coordination Center that relayed the distress call).

Well, all joking and misplaced nationalism aside (yeah, I'm a froggie, how'd you guess :twisted:), it is a heartwarming story.

And, pyTom, you can hardly be off-topic in General Discussion, can you ?