Zombies 'n Shit...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Yakkety
Regular
Projects: Undead Chronicles

Zombies 'n Shit...

#1 Post by Yakkety »

So many of you may have already noticed the news and the ''Miami Zombie'' incident, well, the government keeps telling its a case of bad LSD, hard drugs, or even bath salt thingy, but nope, it is in fact a REAL virus, soon enough it could be an epidemic attack...

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime ... 77343.html

Read that, if you wanna start your paranoid "HURR DURR ZOMBIEZ" trip early.

And look: http://www.buzzfeed.com/donnad/zombie-a ... in-florida
That all happened before the Miami Zombie incident, there were quarantines etc. yet the government still tells us its nothing...

Many people think of ''OMG DEAD PEOPLE COMING BACK TO LIFE JUST LIKE IN THE MOVIES!!!'' when they hear zombie, but no, a zombie is just a person with little to no brain activity, which only has the basic survival instincts left, such as feeding, walking, moaning etc.

The zombies WE might encounter in reallife will probably not be the ''slow George A. Romero classic'' zombies, but rather the fast, somewhat intelligent 28 Weeks Later/Left 4 Dead type of zombies, or in the worst case, ''The Crazies'' (Watch that movie to understand why they are the worst type for humanity as of right now)...

So, what do you think about this...?
Last edited by Yakkety on Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

Re: Zombies 'n Shit...

#2 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

I can't actually see anything with those links, but my opinion of it would still be something along the lines of 'War of the Worlds'.

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Applegate »

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/cannibal/lqp-79.asp

I think it's a little too paranoid to declare a government conspiracy once more.

Yakkety
Regular
Projects: Undead Chronicles

#5 Post by Yakkety »

Ah right, the links were a bit broken but they are fixed now...

Also @ Applegate: You'd think it is paranoid yes, but what other explanation is there? LQP is the virus that causes ''zombie-like'' nature yes, but it still is a virus which is still too unknown for mankind...

Also, just 2 days ago, a new incident was found, this time in Maryland and NOT in Florida once again, where a man killed and ate the heart of his roommate...

In the second link article, they say that hazmat was brought and that the airport was on lockdown, but what if some people made it thorugh the lockdown, what if they boarded their plane before the airport was on lockdown, and what if they could infect other people in other countries/regions...?

Even though there is still way too much speculation for a real zombie apocalypse, we are however almost at the conclusion that there IS a deadly new disease out there...

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#6 Post by Mink »

Alternatively: 7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)

What's it say about me my first thought was, "Better start keeping the shovel in the house."?

Also, speaking of diseases, isn't there some kind of new AIDS-like disease out there now? Spread by some kind of bug?

Edit: There's also this Cracked article. And honestly, I'm not even fazed by this. Look at how people flipped out about the swine flu; that didn't exactly turn out to be the Spanish Flu Epidemic of the early 1900s. :/
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

Zylinder
Veteran

#7 Post by Zylinder »

The way I look at it, it's Smart Skyscrapper Building Creatures with All the Nukes vs Minimally Armed Non-Smart Contagious Humanoids. And well, we're not sitting ducks.

As for the article and all the hype around it... I think people are just trying to find an excuse to hype about something. I mean, it's a lot cooler than discussing fish bowls. Until it's widespread and they're chewing on the internet cables, my response shall be 'meh'.

Argeus_the_Paladin
Veteran
Projects: Rzeczpospolita Polska 1647

#8 Post by Argeus_the_Paladin »

Incidentally, another forum I frequented is also discussing this particular weird case. Zombie theorists were silenced after like 6 pages and the thread derailed into a debate on the sovereignty of Canada, among others. :lol:

But if this were real zombie you're talking about? I've got my plans, ladies and gentlemen...

One Province Minor - 120 class variables and still counting!

Because there is no such thing as too many variables.

DragoonHP
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Christmas
IRC Nick: DragoonHP

#9 Post by DragoonHP »

More "zombie" realted news.

http://ihopericksantorum.tumblr.com/pos ... oming-soon

And from what I read, the homeless man was on some new drug called "Bath salts", so maybe he was just hallucinating? :-p

Argeus_the_Paladin
Veteran
Projects: Rzeczpospolita Polska 1647

#10 Post by Argeus_the_Paladin »

On a more serious note, after a quick half-hour browsing a few sites on a personal research of sort, I'm almost certain that this attack was caused by an overdose on PCP. After all, back in the 2002 there was this case of a particular rapper who murdered his housemate and ate her lungs out.
The victim was found in her apartment by a friend. Her chest had been torn open and a three-inch blade was found broken off in her shoulder blade. Tooth marks were found on her face and on her lungs, which had been torn from her chest. An eyewitness reported that, when Singleton was picked up by police, he was naked, covered in blood, standing in the middle of the street and screaming at the sky. A medical examination performed shortly after his capture found human flesh in his stomach that was not his own.
Emphasis mine. Note the similarities?
One Province Minor - 120 class variables and still counting!

Because there is no such thing as too many variables.

Nuxill
Veteran
Projects: No Friend
Tumblr: nuxill
itch: nuxill

#11 Post by Nuxill »

Horrible and weird incidents happen all the time; the media just doesn't write about them. Journalists have chosen to focus on these specific events now because of all the talk and rumors. Gotta get those pageviews somehow. :wink:

KimiYoriBaka
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Castle of Arhannia

#12 Post by KimiYoriBaka »

any still remember the time a highway in [texas? I think that was it] showed on one of the traffic signs "Zombies ahead"

that's about the same seriousness as I see in these articles.

WatchJessieGo
Regular
Projects: A Flower Remains, Requiem for You

#13 Post by WatchJessieGo »

Makes me feel cool for having been born in Florida.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#14 Post by LVUER »

Remember what Rising Dead teach you? If there's a Zombie Apocalypse, don't go to gun store. Go to HARDWARE store. Shovel, pick-axe, axe, chainsaw, anything you need to survive zombie's onslaught for a long time... or rather anything you need to slaughter zombie for an prolonged period of time.

Now, fortunately... below my house is almost a hardware store. We may not have chainsaw, but pick-axe or shovel, we have plenty of them. And my house (store) is almost impenetrable except if you ram a truck into my reinforced steel door/wall.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#15 Post by Mink »

Honestly, if there ever really was a zombie apocalypse, I'd be more concerned about other survivors than the zombies. I mean, watch The Walking Dead. If the other living humans I'd have to deal with are like that, I'd rather take my chances alone against the zombies.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*