Zombies 'n Shit...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

Re: Zombies 'n Shit...

#16 Post by Blane Doyle »

Apparently at least two cases are linked to drug use, such as cocaine, after further investigation. I think it is less "zombie apocalypse" and more "people have done things and the news is calling them zombies to sensationalize it and get recognized". Stuff like this goes unreported in national media, or even front page locally, all the time.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#17 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Do you know what could cause zombies? Fungi spores. Eventually they will figure out how to get into humans, hijack our brains and make us sit on roofs until they finally burst out of our skin to spread even more spores. And then the world will belong to the almighty fungi!

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#18 Post by LVUER »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:Do you know what could cause zombies? Fungi spores. Eventually they will figure out how to get into humans, hijack our brains and make us sit on roofs until they finally burst out of our skin to spread even more spores. And then the world will belong to the almighty fungi!
Then it's not Zombie Apocalypse. It's ... Fungi Apocalypse. In a way, it's more frightening than Zombie Apocalypse.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#19 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

LVUER wrote:
Auro-Cyanide wrote:Do you know what could cause zombies? Fungi spores. Eventually they will figure out how to get into humans, hijack our brains and make us sit on roofs until they finally burst out of our skin to spread even more spores. And then the world will belong to the almighty fungi!
Then it's not Zombie Apocalypse. It's ... Fungi Apocalypse. In a way, it's more frightening than Zombie Apocalypse.
Cause it can actually happen :D

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#20 Post by Mink »

Isn't that what The Last of Us is about? Fungus zombies?
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#21 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Mink wrote:Isn't that what The Last of Us is about? Fungus zombies?
Oh, I've heard about that game (into stealth games). Yeah, it has something to do with Fungi but I'm not sure if it's set up the same way. Ready to be creeped the hell out? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuKjBIBBAL8 I especially like the bit where it states it stops any one species from gaining the upper hand. *cough*humans*cough*.

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#22 Post by clua »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:
Mink wrote:Isn't that what The Last of Us is about? Fungus zombies?
Oh, I've heard about that game (into stealth games). Yeah, it has something to do with Fungi but I'm not sure if it's set up the same way. Ready to be creeped the hell out? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuKjBIBBAL8 I especially like the bit where it states it stops any one species from gaining the upper hand. *cough*humans*cough*.
Holy sh*t this is so awesome in many ways...Its like this but more hardcore
the world of insects is from other planet. And not even mention the shrooms....orz
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Zylinder
Veteran

#23 Post by Zylinder »

@AuroCyanide and Clua

Those links are so informative, but so, so, so creepy @__@ Worse still is thinking of what they would do to us if they ever developed a species that's just for us. Then again, I think we have our fair share of parasites too, just that they don't kill us. I remember watching a Natgeo/Discovery documentary a while back where they extracted this giant larvae/worm shaped thing from the side of a girl's head... And she was alive!

KimiYoriBaka
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Castle of Arhannia

#24 Post by KimiYoriBaka »

Eventually they will figure out how to get into humans, hijack our brains and make us sit on roofs until they finally burst out of our skin to spread even more spores.
anyone else read this and think of saya no uta?

Tetiel
Regular
Projects: Anton's Vacation EP 1 and 2 + Rising Angels (CGs/Character Selection), Katajion Kinetic Monthly (character sprites)

#25 Post by Tetiel »

And this is why I will never visit the jungle nor eat any type of fungus. I also am trying so so so hard not to make some sort of "there's a fungus among us!" joke.

Anyways, to the zombie thing, as others have said, this really is NOT a new thing. It's only been sensationalized. I don't know if the tox screen has come back yet, but drugs like Phencyclidine aka PCP are known to cause incidents like this. Some of the symptoms are paranoia and depersonalization. It's a pretty awful combination of feelings if you think about it. "This guy's trying to kill me, but I don't know who I aaaaaaaaaaam!!!!" It causes aggression and visual hallucinations as a result. Basically, you're insane. Absolutely positively insane. Oh, and you can get superhuman strength as a result of the inability to feel pain as a bonus.

Now imagine if our drinking water got laced with that? It really would be like "The Crazies."

And since this is a zombie topic, I feel I should link this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQYjZc7gKXc

WatchJessieGo
Regular
Projects: A Flower Remains, Requiem for You

#26 Post by WatchJessieGo »

Reminds me of that one episode of The X-Files... The one where they're stuck near that volcano with all the weird fungus that makes a home in your body if you inhale it and will eventually grow into a spike and sprout out your neck.

Or something.

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

#27 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

I'm going to be the wet blanket.
Zombies are impossible. Cannibals and crazy people are real.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG

#28 Post by Mink »

Well, how are we defining 'zombie'? Because you can find debates as to whether or not 28 Days Later counts as a zombie movie.

Consider the fact in the original Night of the Living Dead they're called ghouls and not zombies. To my knowledge, ghouls are actually a type of demon that feeds on dead bodies, children, blood, and can take the form of the bodies they've eaten. Last I checked, that doesn't happen in that movie. Also, let's not forget where the word 'zombie' actually comes from.

My point being word meanings can be adapted/changed (though I'd love a movie that's about 'classical' ghouls), so I guess you could call it a zombie attack, given lenient qualifications as to what makes a zombie a zombie.

...I put way too much thought into this.

*Website, yo*

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

#29 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

I think the accepted definition is a creature, usually human, that was previously dead but is currently moving around as though it is still alive, and has the ability to turn living humans into zombies.
I believe this definition commonly includes an insatiable hunger for living flesh, particularly human flesh, and a loss of most intelligence beyond the desire to eat and the ability to walk and bite.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran

#30 Post by Mink »

I guess 28 Days Later doesn't count then. <_< Actually, wouldn't that make Left 4 Dead not a zombie game, then, because isn't it actually some sort of rabies mutation? I haven't played it in a while, so I really don't remember. Either way, personally I think if it acts like a zombie, even if it's not truly dead, then it can count. So yeah, I'm willing to say 28 Days Later is a type of zombie movie, regardless of the fact the 'zombies' aren't actually dead.

*Website, yo*