Two contests! REAL PRIZES! (ended)

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

Two contests! REAL PRIZES! (ended)

#1 Post by Blue Lemma »

Development of the games is still going, but in the meantime...

For those who are reading this, let's have a couple contests to pass the time! There will be actual tangible prizes! (I promise I'll get that avatar to you, Zintar! I've resumed drawing again! ^_^ )

All prizes are brand new, in their original packaging, and ready to be shipped!

No more than two entries per contest per person, please. (I doubt I'll have to worry, though :P)

-----------------------------------------------------

Contest 1: Tales of Lemma 1 Fanfic Contest
Write something involving Miko, Alice, the mushrooms, the squirrel, or anything else ToL 1 related - long or short, romantic or funny or whatever, and send it to doublecontest@lemmasoft.net
There will be a judged winner and a random drawing winner. So even if your writing skills are the worst thing since sliced mold, you can still win something! Yay! :D

Judged winner (decided by a neutral party, not me ^_^) will get to choose TWO of the following prizes:

* Cowboy Bebop "Shooting Star" graphic novels (vols. 1 and 2)
* Masamune Shirow Intron Depot character mini-figurine
* Metropolismania (a PS2 game from Natsume, it looks kind of like a cross between Sim City and The Sims)
* Yu-Gi-Oh! Dark Duel Stories (Game Boy Color game)
* Cardcaptor Sakura and To Heart Japanese trading cards (one pack of each series)

The random drawing winner will get to choose one prize from the above list, minus whatever the judged winner selects.

Contest 2: Lemma Soft Fanart Contest
Draw, CG, paint, or otherwise create your own image of any of the Lemma Soft characters! (Even Lemma herself ^_^) Send your image(s) as JPGs, PNGs, or another file format I'll be able to open easily to doublecontest@lemmasoft.net

A winner will be selected from each of the following categories, with the following prizes:

* Best Caption or Dialogue: Yahiko Myojin magnet (from Rurouni Kenshin)
* Best Fanservice :wink:: Magister Negi Magi (Negima!) pencilboard
* Blue Lemma's Favorite: A personal easter egg in a future Lemma Soft game and a special forum rank
* Best Super-Deformed/Chibi: Trouballs Game Boy Color game (puzzle game)
* Cutest or Sexiest: Love Hina and Cardcaptor Sakura Japanese trading cards
* Most Original Style/Interpretation: Great Teacher Onizuka graphic novel, vol. 1

---------------------------------------------------------

Details: If you're not in the United States, I'll substitute the prizes for something else good that won't require a ton of postage ^_^; Contest will end July 17, 2004, 9:00 pm US pac. time. Submitting a fanfic or fanart means you give me permission to post it and print it (giving you full credit, of course) on the site or in a fanbook or whatever else ^^ In the event of a fire consuming the prizes or something else bad, or a prize winner being of inappropriate age for his or her prize, substitute prizes may be awarded. If you win a prize but don't want it, we can also discuss alternative prizes :)

So let's have some fun! Show Miko how much you love her!

Miko: :oops: :D
Last edited by Blue Lemma on Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:33 am, edited 6 times in total.

Jerails
Veteran

#2 Post by Jerails »

Alright!! Something to do over the summer! I just can't wait!!!
It's been a while, folks!

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#3 Post by Sai »

Nice idea. Best of luck to everyone.
Writing isn't my specialty though so I'll sit this one out. Do you think there would be a fanart contest in the future? =)

Eiji
Regular

#4 Post by Eiji »

Sai wrote:Nice idea. Best of luck to everyone.
Writing isn't my specialty though so I'll sit this one out. Do you think there would be a fanart contest in the future? =)
I think I'll pass this one too.. I"m still tied up working on the backstory for my MMOG.

good news is.. we decided the game-format (we're going to try a player interface like you see in "Knights of the Old Republic" (the BEST Star Wars game yet... Toonami.com gave the X-Box version a 10 out of 10)

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#5 Post by Sai »

Aha! A fanart contest, yay. Thanks ^^
I'm not sure if I'll be able to accept the prizes that require postage yet but I'm gonna join in anyway ^^

EDIT: Oh by the way. Is it that you submit *one* drawing overall and then the categories is what it's judged on, or since there are multiple categories, are we allowed to enter multiple drawings, one for each category or something? Not sure yet if I would but I was just wondering what the rule is ^^

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#6 Post by Blue Lemma »

You can enter up to two drawings, and they will be evaluated in each of the categories.

Zintar
Miko-Snatcher

#7 Post by Zintar »

I'll be waiting BL. 8)

I guess i'll be sitting this 1 out :cry: - a bit busy :x

Good Luck - Everyone!!!! :wink:

btw - BL, will u have a page up for the Art and Stories/tales. :roll:
Feb 26, 2004 - Trinity Riot *hands Zintar the 101 Posts Award*
Feb 25, 2004 - Blue Lemma *awards the 2nd-2nd-Place Shoujo Attack Prize to Zintar*
Nov 06, 2003 - Blue Lemma *hands Zintar the Pointless Post Award*

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#8 Post by Blue Lemma »

Aw, everyone's sitting it out! I hope there are enough entries to have a stories and art page ^_^;

At this rate, someone will be able to send in a stick figure and win all 6 prizes for the fanart :P

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#9 Post by Sai »

*starts drawing lots of stick figures* Yes my little stick army, you shall win, win win! Muahaha!

Nah just kidding.

Well you can rest assured that I'm entering, for the fanart one anyway. Thanks for clearing that question up for me Lemma, I got started right away after that just didn't mention it at the time.
In fact I've already got the lineart done for my 2 entries... and started colouring my first drawing...

aliceunderskies

#10 Post by aliceunderskies »

I guess I'll be entering the fanart contest. Possibly the fanfiction one, too, just so you'll have some entries for both. :wink:

Grey
Veteran

#11 Post by Grey »

Hahaha, SGDesque stickfigures for the best fanservice :roll: What an image :lol:

Image I couldn't resist. Please dont ban me!

Seriously though I've nearly finished my first real fanart entry :roll:

Eiji
Regular

#12 Post by Eiji »

Blue Lemma wrote:Aw, everyone's sitting it out! I hope there are enough entries to have a stories and art page ^_^;
sorry Lemma...
but as I said I"m tied up with my MMOG backstory and hammering out the rule system..

have a look at the site if you like.. my friend DaveB put up a nice rant on the inequalitys of EQ's combat system.

http://battlebazaar.no-ip.com

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#13 Post by Sai »

*looks at Grey's stick drawing*
Well there you go, contest over! Grey's gonna win =o

(just kidding)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#14 Post by mikey »

Eiji wrote:
Blue Lemma wrote:Aw, everyone's sitting it out! I hope there are enough entries to have a stories and art page ^_^;
sorry Lemma...
but as I said I"m tied up with my MMOG backstory and hammering out the rule system..
Yeah, that evil BlueLemma is just wanting us hard-working game-developers to get our mind off our projects and gives away prizes (he is actually very rich you know...) to keep us occupied. Could it be the fear? How many more aces does this mastermind have up his sleeve? Let us not get trapped into those devilish plans of his, stay alert... He will not stop... :twisted:

yeah, I can't draw either... :cry:

Jerails
Veteran

#15 Post by Jerails »

Ack! The deadline's too soon! I thought it first said end of the month! Now I've gotta scramble up a story at volley ball practice! Bloody Hell!!
It's been a while, folks!