Weird things that your pets do?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
chocojax
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Umbra, Familiarity, Maleficent Justice
Tumblr: chocojax

Weird things that your pets do?

#1 Post by chocojax »

Just curious. :v

Well, I've been hearing my bird squeak a lot, so I turned to look at him. Apparently, one of the bells was touching his back too much, so he started to freak out and began to fight with the bell. When he noticed that I was looking, he stood still and just did a stare-down with me, lol.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Weird things that your pets do?

#2 Post by CheeryMoya »

Kuroneko_rg
Veteran
Projects: Dark Pleasures, Kiss of Blood, Midnight Park
Organization: Black Cat Alleyway

#3 Post by Kuroneko_rg »

My cat has the extremely annoying hobby of hiding and freak me out when I pass by. Twice it was real heart stop... that bastard.

I really should consider writing an Evil Cat story.

Firefly
Regular
Projects: Remember these days, My sunflowers keeper
Organization: Firefly Games
Deviantart: Caystar

#4 Post by Firefly »

One of my cat's headbuts me to wake me up when he's hungry, and if that doesn't work he bites my face. And if your sitting and he wants attention he'll go behind you and put his paws on your shoulders until you look at him.He's cute when he wants to be. :D

His brother sleeps most of the time and when i drag something on the floor my older cat will grab it and stop me from moving forward. He's a big cat.

chocojax
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Umbra, Familiarity, Maleficent Justice
Tumblr: chocojax

#5 Post by chocojax »

@cheerymoya: D'awww, so adorable. P: You win adorable points from me, obviously. Though I don't quite understand what the turtle in the first one is doing, loool.

@kuroneko_rg: Looooooool, that sounds fun. Cats always seem so scarily intelligent. :v
Yes. You should. At 50$ a pop too.

@firefly: Haha! So cute. Th... though, where does he bite you on your face...? >v>??!
Wooot. How much does your older cat weigh? :V?!

Firefly
Regular
Projects: Remember these days, My sunflowers keeper
Organization: Firefly Games
Deviantart: Caystar

#6 Post by Firefly »

Usually on the forehead or cheek.As for my older cat's weight.... Good question, we've been trying to get him to diet, but it hasn't really worked out well. ^_^

Destiny
Veteran
Projects: Cards of Destiny, Sky Eye

#7 Post by Destiny »

My cats...dislike each other.
Which results in many fights, that are normally to our displeasure.
Because if A hunts B down, they run over everything, including us xD
Thankfully they sleep most of the day, so it isn't THAT bad (and the older one tries to avoid the fights).

Escept from that...
Both have a hair fetish. They rub against our heads and lick our hair till it's totally wet ôo

And the third thing is that our cats have learned to beg.
When we eat they sit benast us and always nudge at us with their paws. When we look at them then, they meow and wait for something to get.
They will nudge the whole time, no matter if we give them something or not (which is why we often close the door to the dinning room to have a peaceful dinner).

P.S.
Until shortly I also had a cat that thought it is a dog.
She waggled with her tail, her meows sounded a bit like barking, she jumped around, retrieved almost everything we threw and loved to go on walks with us.
Sadly she died two month ago from hunger (her digestion didn't work anymore, but she was on heavy pain killers due to a broken pelvis, so she had no pain in that moment).
Cards of Destiny (WIP) / Sky Eye (WIP)

Gambit74
Regular

#8 Post by Gambit74 »

I don't have any house pets, but I raise Chickens in the backyard, if they count :3 . Though we leave them in their little chicken coop most of the time, I sometimes take one or two out and let them roam the yard. Main reason why we don't take them out very often is because they tend to peck at my mom's garden when we're not watching, and they also like to poop on our patio D: . What I like to do though, is that I get like a small hand mirror and show it to them. Some of them will get angry and attempt to peck at their own reflection while a few others will just cower and run away.
Nothing to see here, folks. For now, anyway...

Tetiel
Regular
Projects: Anton's Vacation EP 1 and 2 + Rising Angels (CGs/Character Selection), Katajion Kinetic Monthly (character sprites)

#9 Post by Tetiel »

If I happen to be talking too much or too loudly, my cat will just go ahead and attack my legs. God forbid I ever talk on the phone. I fell down the stairs and made a loud noise so she bit me so hard at my leg joint I got an infection.

...then... she comes up to me and nudges my face, licks my nose, and goes to sleep on my head purring like an engine. It's like she doesn't get that my legs are connected to the top half of me. One is obviously evil and she must DESTROY!!!!

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: a2 ~a due~
Projects: AXIOM.01, The Pirate Mermaid
Organization: Variable X, Navigame
Tumblr: navigame-media
itch: navigame

#10 Post by Arowana »

Well, I've been hearing my bird squeak a lot, so I turned to look at him. Apparently, one of the bells was touching his back too much, so he started to freak out and began to fight with the bell. When he noticed that I was looking, he stood still and just did a stare-down with me, lol
Hahaha, that cracked me up! That is too adorable!

Loving all the cat stories. To add a cat story of my own - my old cat really liked to "talk" and would meow at us all the time. Every morning, she'd wake me up by climbing on my dresser and meowing until I got up and gave her food. If I went back to sleep, she'd leave for a couple minutes, then come back and try again. It was like having a meowing alarm clock constantly on snooze mode. :lol:

She also really liked to sleep in my closet for some reason. One day, I discovered she had made herself a bed of my dress clothes. It took me forever to get all the cat hair out. ^^
Complete: a2 ~a due~ (music, language, love)
In progress: The Pirate Mermaid (fairytale otome)
On hold: AXIOM.01 (girl detective game)

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#11 Post by Sapphi »

I'm also loving all the cat stories, especially Tetiel's. It reminds me of the first cat I ever had, who used to jump on my bed at night to sleep with me, purring and kneading the covers by my feet. In the morning I woke up to her teeth in my feet because she didn't like the fact that they were in her space. I really, really loved that cat. She was gloriously mean. I liked to make her angry so she would chase me around my house and try to attack my leg. My little sister didn't have to do anything - she would sit watching the TV and my cat would JUMP AT HER FROM BEHIND AND BAT HER HEAD. LOL!!

The current cat I have is adorably dumb. Instead of turning her head to watch me leave the room, she cranes her neck backwards to look at me upside-down. She also enjoys being quickly and repeatedly picked up with my hand under her rib cage so that it forces all the air out. I know she likes it because she starts purring when I do it. When I stop, she waits in place for me to do it again before rubbing my legs, walking around aimlessly, looking up at me, and making cute sounds. My mom could not believe her eyes when I showed her, lol.
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#12 Post by Reikun »

Whoa, am I the only dog person here?? xD I have a little chihuahua thing ([bias]he's probably mixed with some other breeds too because he's so much more handsome than other chihuahuas [/bias]). If he finds you lying down on the floor he'll try to shove his head into your armpit (??) xD;;; I don't know why he does it. He also likes to lie down with his front paws tucked under himself like a deer.
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

Arelune
Regular

#13 Post by Arelune »

My cat acts like a dog sometimes. Toilet paper can be found on the other side of the house, but moreover she really likes her balls. if you throw one, she chases it like the wind and high chance that she brings it back in her mouth and drops it near you as if saying: AGAIN!
She also likes licking everything, especially the couch and my mother's bathrobe. Used plates sometimes turn miraculously clean.
She loves eating lettuce. If there's plastic surrounding it, she will find a way to open it!
I also suspect her of being a sadist. She's always purring with this angry face when she's scratching my hands of. ;_;
Oh, and if you open the door you have to be careful she's not around. Unguarded people will find a cat hanging from their arm as they move to use the handle.

Also, :lol: to all the other stories here.

Destiny
Veteran
Projects: Cards of Destiny, Sky Eye

#14 Post by Destiny »

Tetiel wrote:It's like she doesn't get that my legs are connected to the top half of me. One is obviously evil and she must DESTROY!!!!
That terribly reminds me of the dog that thinks his own leg isn't part of his body xD
Whenever he eats he will growl and bite his leg which moves automatically towards the food :lol:
Cards of Destiny (WIP) / Sky Eye (WIP)

Kuroneko_rg
Veteran
Projects: Dark Pleasures, Kiss of Blood, Midnight Park
Organization: Black Cat Alleyway

#15 Post by Kuroneko_rg »

Destiny wrote:Until shortly I also had a cat that thought it is a dog.
She waggled with her tail, her meows sounded a bit like barking, she jumped around, retrieved almost everything we threw and loved to go on walks with us.
Sadly she died two month ago from hunger (her digestion didn't work anymore, but she was on heavy pain killers due to a broken pelvis, so she had no pain in that moment).

Why do pets have to die? I was watching "Marley and I", a real heart crusher in this matter.

From someone who lost many cats, I'm sorry for yours, Destiny.