What will you become in game or anime?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
uselessp
Regular
Completed: The way I live
Projects: Requiem of time, change and chase

What will you become in game or anime?

#1 Post by uselessp »

Yet again and again, curiosity won me. Anyway, I'll just ask this straightly even though I don't want to bother.

I'm wondering, judging of our personality, which characters in game or anime that suited us perfectly? What I meant is that. . .
The character that matched your personality traits perfectly that it feels like 'I am he and he is me.' Something like that. Well, for me is that I'm still searching for one. Except that I found one that matched my personality 99.9%, which is. . .
Itoshiki Nozomu, AKA Zetsubou-sensei.
Though I'm still at least a li~ttle bit strong willed than him. Just the difference of 0,01 will of course gives the change. And I hate how every single little tiny bits of change made me goes depressed to the limit of sanity.

*SIGH~~*

Wait, why am I even depressed now!? Anyway, I'm curious about the game or anime version of you!! Please tell me!! And also, do NOT use this topic to perform a debate like the recent one!! Or else, I might even strangle myself accidentally!! Here's another stupid and depressingly dialogue I happened to be in right now!!

Me: "Sigh~~ Still. . . This world is hopeless.... Maybe I'll try involving myself in conspiracy to increase my hopelessly less hope. . . "
*SMACK!!*
Sis: "You! Enough with that weak will!! If you're a man, be more braver!!"
Me: "Don't want--"
*SMACK!!*
Sis: Think positive!!"
*SLAM!!* *THUD!!* *BAM!!* *WHAM!!* *Sounds of finishing strike being launched for a whole 90 seconds*

Ah. . . I. . . I forgot that my sister is here. She's way too brutal and annoy--

Sis: "Enough with writing your complains to the net!! You're just running away from reality!!"
Me: "EH, wait!! Stop!!"

*Sounds of internet wire being cut off by hands*
Reality is the limits dream can reach

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

Re: What will you become in game or anime?

#2 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

I wonder, if I found a character that was very much how I viewed myself, would I act more like that character subconsciously?

Either way, I am not aware of any character like me.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

tuna_sushi
Veteran
Projects: BloomingBlossoms

#3 Post by tuna_sushi »

If I was in a game/VN, I would be the faceless person in a busy classroom background! XD

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#4 Post by mugenjohncel »

I already solved that problem... by becoming a VN character myself... :mrgreen:
http://vndb.org/c534

Someday, I wish to star in an Ecchi anime with lots of pretty young girls in it... though being a middle aged... I probably won't qualify as the main protagonist I could at least provide some comic relief or maybe supporting role and if all else fails... I could star in a Hentai Anime... as the Villain... :mrgreen:

"POOF" (Disappears)

Arelune
Regular

#5 Post by Arelune »

You're lucky to find someone like you. Even ones who are a bit similar to me are hard to find.
I doubt many have found a match.
mugenjohncel wrote:I already solved that problem... by becoming a VN character myself... :mrgreen:
If I only were more vain. :mrgreen:

FragmentedBergyo
Regular

#6 Post by FragmentedBergyo »

I've personally always thought myself similar to *insert your favorite character here* because of *insert favorite trait here*. But that's just me
mugenjohncel wrote:I already solved that problem... by becoming a VN character myself... :mrgreen:
http://vndb.org/c534
By the good ol' philosophy - if it doesn't exist, make it yourself? (Come to think of, I was always wondering why some depictions are missing some fingers. Did you get on the wrong side of the Printing Mafia™?)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#7 Post by mugenjohncel »

FragmentedBergyo wrote:I was always wondering why some depictions are missing some fingers. Did you get on the wrong side of the Printing Mafia?
Lol!... Nope... :mrgreen:
I was involved in a vehicular accident that got my good hand messed up and forced me to retire as a graphic artist. Took me years to re-learn how to draw using my other hand... Good thing I have a Cintiq which made it easier for me to get back to drawing...
"POOF" (Disappears)

FragmentedBergyo
Regular

#8 Post by FragmentedBergyo »

Ah, I'm sorry for bringing it up. I was just joking around, but it seems to have been a sensitive topic. Sorry about that.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#9 Post by mugenjohncel »

FragmentedBergyo wrote:Ah, I'm sorry for bringing it up. I was just joking around, but it seems to have been a sensitive topic. Sorry about that.
Nah... don't worry about it... it's been years and I already moved on... no scratch that... I dare say that the accident was a blessing in disguise that led me to a new direction in life and ended up being a financially stable businessman with a happy family of my own... otherwise I'll most likely still be a starving artist if my hand didn't get messed up...

OK Back to topic folks... :mrgreen:

Edit: you know what's really funny... When I was still a professional graphic artist I always wanted a Cintiq but can't afford one but now that I do have not one but two Cintiq's... I'm no longer a graphic artist... I wonder what kind of monster I could have been if I did have a Cintiq back when I was at my peak...

"POOF" (Disappears)

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#10 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#11 Post by Samu-kun »

I think I'd make a good Kaoru Yamazaki from Welcome to the NHK. (Although I am more like the anime version than the manga version.)

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#12 Post by Sapphi »

I can't think of any character that is much like me (This will change when I finish my stories...), but the closest one I can think of is (the manga ver. at least) Yomiko Readman from R.O.D. LOL!
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ThisIsNoName
Veteran

#13 Post by ThisIsNoName »

Sapphi wrote:I can't think of any character that is much like me (This will change when I finish my stories...), but the closest one I can think of is (the manga ver. at least) Yomiko Readman from R.O.D. LOL!
R.O.D. FTW!

The character I'm most like is probably Rin from Katawa Shoujo, except that I can say the things that I don't want to say, but need to say, but I need to say the things I want to s... DAMMIT!

Kuroneko_rg
Veteran
Projects: Dark Pleasures, Kiss of Blood, Midnight Park
Organization: Black Cat Alleyway

#14 Post by Kuroneko_rg »

In terms of personality I'm like Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai), however, my fancy for cute things can easily break that.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#15 Post by teacup »

I always found some similarities between June from 999 and me. I usually use a June avatar on other websites. We have basically the same hairstyle and body type, are a bit... weird, a little bit naive, usually cheerful, and
have a secret evil side