Do you know what your bloodtype is?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

Re: Do you know what your bloodtype is?

#16 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

Lumen_Astrum wrote:I'm an O. I lived half my whole life thinking I was an AB.
HAHAHA. And to think I wanted to be special of sorts.
You really don't want to claim AB blood type if you don't actually have it! Since it is the Universal Blood Receiver type, they'd try and give you the first available blood on hand and possibly kill you. Oops. :shock: Good thing you found out your real blood type.

On a serious note, everyone should know their blood type. You never know when that knowledge might save your life or someone else's life. In an emergency there may not be time or means to test your blood.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#17 Post by Taleweaver »

I'm a type 0 positive. No idea what that means in term of Japanese superstition, though.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Shalambay Shift
Regular
Projects: ASL!, PotD, MftBS, Capture~
Organization: Valonia, Shalambay Shift

#18 Post by Shalambay Shift »

I'm an O. (´・ω・`)
Everyone in my family is.
Last edited by Shalambay Shift on Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
VALONIA ~Shadow Valley~ | Blog
Nyofuuu~ fuu~ fuuu....

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#19 Post by OtomeWeekend »

^ That reminded me that bought my parents were type O. Should I consider that I was adopted?---not that I am when I completely look like my dad and my eyes were my mom's xD
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Fungii
Veteran
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii

#20 Post by Fungii »

Honestly, I have nooooo idea. Always choose AB when a game asks for it though :lol:

nyaatrap
Crawling Chaos

#21 Post by nyaatrap »

Fungii wrote:Honestly, I have nooooo idea. Always choose AB when a game asks for it though :lol:
If it's Japanese games (It must be Japanese games... It's only country obsessing blood type I know of), you may get a rare skill when you chosen AB (・∀・)

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#22 Post by LVUER »

I'm a B Rh+. I know it because I love donating my blood and have it tested long time ago (they still test it each time I donate my blood though...).

B is the most common blood in Korea, Japan, and Asia countries, so it's not strange to see lots of B people there. Like wise, A is the most common type in Europe and America, IINM. So don't be ashamed if you have type B if you're an Asian.

Why B is the worst blood type? That because according to Japan/Korean popular belief, type B is egoist and irresponsible. Then again, it's only a belief. In here, blood type is just another letter in your ID card.

Anyway, I'm proud that I have B blood type because Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star), my most favorite anime character, also have B blood type (>_<)/b Yeah, I'm hell proud of it!!!
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#23 Post by Taleweaver »

LVUER wrote:I'm a B Rh+. I know it because I love donating my blood
Ehhh... stop right there. Say that again.
LVUER wrote:II love donating my blood
No, I haven't misheard you...

I also donated blood earlier in my life (did it when I was still studying to earn a little extra money, but you're the first person I've heard of saying that they love donating blood.

You're sure you're not a reverse vampire like Karin or something?
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#24 Post by SusanTheCat »

I am 0+.

I stopped watching the Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles because the mother was type O- and the son was type AB-.

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Twin Crowns, Weather Wizard

#25 Post by Sharm »

Taleweaver wrote:
LVUER wrote:I'm a B Rh+. I know it because I love donating my blood
Ehhh... stop right there. Say that again.
LVUER wrote:II love donating my blood
No, I haven't misheard you...

I also donated blood earlier in my life (did it when I was still studying to earn a little extra money, but you're the first person I've heard of saying that they love donating blood.
I used to love it too. It was a nice time where I could relax completely and not feel guilty about it and the next day I would feel extra healthy. My doc says that some people get a build up of something (I think it was iron) in their blood and that giving blood takes away the excess and makes you feel normal until it builds up again.
Works in Progress: Twin Crowns | Weather Wizard

AnthonyHJ
Regular
Projects: Past Mistakes
Organization: Freya's Aett

#26 Post by AnthonyHJ »

I'm O+, like so many people here. I used to give blood, so they told me. My wife is the same, which is an odd coincidence, so I suppose my daughter stands a good chance of being O+ too.
Recent work - iSchool Dreams: First Semester / iSchool Dreams: My Valentine (iPhone / iPad, dating sims)

MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least

#27 Post by MomoiroGirl »

I have no idea what i am, but my father is A, and my mother is O (O + i think, to be specific :P) I'm thinking of having it tested though, and at the same time have myself checked for various diseases :P When I was little i also always wished that I was AB, because I heard that it was the rarest bloodtype, and that it was universal, and I had an obsession with wanting to have something that REALLY made me special XD

Something tells me I'm A though, I'm not sure what, but if we assume that bloodtype DOES have something to do with personality, then something tells me I would be a (Because my father is a, and I think I'm a lot like him lol)
Soo yah XDDD

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#28 Post by Sapphi »

Sharm wrote: I used to love it too. It was a nice time where I could relax completely and not feel guilty about it and the next day I would feel extra healthy. My doc says that some people get a build up of something (I think it was iron) in their blood and that giving blood takes away the excess and makes you feel normal until it builds up again.
I wish I could donate blood. It would be nice to feel like I was potentially saving a life. Unfortunately, I am pretty sure I'm anemic, because every month when That Fantastical Womanly Time rolls around, I get weak, have cloudy thoughts, and can't see in the dark as well. Kinda sucked when I was trying to develop photos in the darkroom. So yeah, probably not the best idea for me to donate. :(

I guess I'm off the hook if I'm really O+, though, since it's such a common type.
(I have to confess I'm secretly kind of glad I have an excuse not to give since around here, it's common to hear people complaining that none of the donation drive people know how to properly insert things into veins. I'm trying very hard not to develop a phobia of needles and that information does not help.)
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#29 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Based on a certain survey I found in the internet, Type B people has a strange love for donating blood xD While A people rarely do...

On the other hand, I think it's type A or O were the most common in Japan. This is by the proven fact that most of the people I know were either A or O. The only person I met that was B or AB were 2 or 3 people.
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

FragmentedBergyo
Regular

#30 Post by FragmentedBergyo »

O Neg here.
Used to donate blood and plasma and being an universal donor was quite useful.