LSF collab project (was: You know what would be awesome?)

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Nimuell
Regular
Projects: Cold Hands, Beautiful Boring People

Re: LSF collab project (was: You know what would be awesome?

#676 Post by Nimuell »

OokamiKasumi wrote:
Nimuell wrote: Here, where I live, we have a saying: "You are breaking like chocolate bar".
xD that's exactly it.
I'm gonna hav'ta agree. He's about as strong on dealing with romantic situations as a chocolate bar. ;)
xD He is, isn't he! That's kind of cute, really C:
OokamiKasumi wrote: As far as I can tell, we're not ready to make games yet. Lets just get some sample routes done first and see where they go.
Mmm, I really need to do about this >< My mind is filled with other events for my VN though, so it's going to be really hard to think about something different. I tend to think about "that one thing-oh I'm hooked" a lot, I'm simple minded like that.
OokamiKasumi wrote:
DeeKay wrote:Even I can't imagine how I'd be able to write an H-scene. Probably not at all as my imagination would go wild and I'd just drop the pen before even starting ^^'''
Because of your...low melting point, perhaps?
Oh God, I really laughed out loud at this point. This conversation is so hilarious, I can't xD
OokamiKasumi wrote: Grown ladies can be cute too!
-- I happen to think you're adorable. ;)
DeeKay wrote: Any girl can be cute !
She can, if she has the most-awesome-adorable-cutest-frog-hat-in-the-world
True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new. (c) Antoine de Saint-Exupery
http://www.nimuell.deviantart.com/

DeeKay
Veteran

#677 Post by DeeKay »

Nimuell wrote:xD He is, isn't he! That's kind of cute, really C:
Wait ! You're joining in on this too ? At this rate, I'll be as red as a tomato all day long if you keep this up ^^'''
Nimuell wrote:
OokamiKasumi wrote: Grown ladies can be cute too!
-- I happen to think you're adorable. ;)
DeeKay wrote: Any girl can be cute !
Daaawww~ ! ^^
-- No longer active --
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

-- Check out this project if you have some time !

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 14 games released -- and Counting.
Organization: DarkErotica Games
Deviantart: OokamiKasumi

#678 Post by OokamiKasumi »

DeeKay wrote:
OokamiKasumi wrote:Because of your...low melting point, perhaps?
You're toying with me, aren't you ? ^^'
I would never...! Okay, yeah I am. But I mean it in a nice way?
DeeKay wrote:You know, I've always wondered why the French are associated with being good lovers amongst other things. I'm French but... well, half French/half Filipino but still.. I don't get it. There's nothing fancy here if you ditch the language itself. Hmm...
You'd need to see some old black and white, film noir movies done by the French to understand. At the time, they were right on the edge of being scandalous because they were all about love, but the darker edge of it. Most of them were tragedies about unrequited love and love gone wrong. Casablanca, an American film, deliberately sought to capture that essence -- and succeeded, to some degree.
DeeKay wrote:Anyway, why do I get the feeling you're having a lot of fun answering my flustered self ? ^^'
I'm not really sure. All I can say is that your responses are adorable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nimuell wrote:
OokamiKasumi wrote: As far as I can tell, we're not ready to make games yet. Lets just get some sample routes done first and see where they go.
Mmm, I really need to do about this >< My mind is filled with other events for my VN though, so it's going to be really hard to think about something different. I tend to think about "that one thing-oh I'm hooked" a lot, I'm simple minded like that.
I wouldn't say "simple-minded" so much as "focused". I get that way myself, I can only do one project at a time. so I understand.

This is just for fun so there's No Deadline. If you don't get to it until a month from now, then...you don't get it done until a month from now. No big deal. The world is not going to fall apart any time soon. Put it on your To-Do list for later. We can wait. :)
Nimuell wrote:
OokamiKasumi wrote:
DeeKay wrote:Even I can't imagine how I'd be able to write an H-scene. Probably not at all as my imagination would go wild and I'd just drop the pen before even starting ^^'''
Because of your...low melting point, perhaps?
Oh God, I really laughed out loud at this point. This conversation is so hilarious, I can't xD
I really am a Bad Girl, ne?
Nimuell wrote:
DeeKay wrote:
OokamiKasumi wrote:Grown ladies can be cute too!I happen to think you're adorable. ;)
Any girl can be cute !
Oh my god... That IS adorable!!! Actually, I have a similar hat, but with with Kitty ears with stripes going sideways in hot pink and light pink -- the colors of the Cheshire Cat. It's my Cheshire Cap.
Ookami Kasumi ~ Purveyor of fine Smut.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

"No amount of great animation will save a bad story." -- John Lasseter of Pixar

DeeKay
Veteran

#679 Post by DeeKay »

OokamiKasumi wrote:I would never...! Okay, yeah I am. But I mean it in a nice way?
I know, no worries :)
Not like you're trying to assault me or anything anyway.
OokamiKasumi wrote:You'd need to see some old black and white, film noir movies done by the French to understand. At the time, they were right on the edge of being scandalous because they were all about love, but the darker edge of it. Most of them were tragedies about unrequited love and love gone wrong. Casablanca, an American film, deliberately sought to capture that essence -- and succeeded, to some degree.
I've actually seen a few scenes from old movies like that, such as a woman in sexy lingerie seducing a guy in his room but the guy instantly slaps her, telling her he's not so easy but kisses her afterwards, treating her like an object (I don't remember which movie though :/). French movies tend to emphasize drama in serious plots too. I understand better now, thanks for pointing that out ! :)
For the record, I wouldn't slap a girl if she was trying to seduce me. Just wanted to make it clear ^^
OokamiKasumi wrote:
DeeKay wrote:Anyway, why do I get the feeling you're having a lot of fun answering my flustered self ? ^^'
I'm not really sure. All I can say is that your responses are adorable.
Whoa ! So basically, I brought this on myself ? That's unfair, I can't do anything about it ! ^^'''
OokamiKasumi wrote:I wouldn't say "simple-minded" so much as "focused". I get that way myself, I can only do one project at a time. so I understand.

This is just for fun so there's No Deadline. If you don't get to it until a month from now, then...you don't get it done until a month from now. No big deal. The world is not going to fall apart any time soon. Put it on your To-Do list for later. We can wait. :)
I'm going to take my sweet time then ! I need some motivation anyway :p
OokamiKasumi wrote:
Nimuell wrote:
OokamiKasumi wrote:Because of your...low melting point, perhaps?
I really am a Bad Girl, ne?
Huh ? What ? Did I just... ? Oh snap ! :oops:
OokamiKasumi wrote:Oh my god... That IS adorable!!! Actually, I have a similar hat, but with with Kitty ears with stripes going sideways in hot pink and light pink -- the colors of the Cheshire Cat. It's my Cheshire Cap.
Why would you have this kind of accessory ? No, forget it actually. You're going to turn this around to tease me ^^'
-- No longer active --
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#680 Post by OokamiKasumi »

DeeKay wrote:
OokamiKasumi wrote:I would never...! Okay, yeah I am. But I mean it in a nice way?
I know, no worries :) Not like you're trying to assault me or anything anyway.
I never go where I am not invited.
-- However, I am pretty good about wiggling invitations out of people. ;)
DeeKay wrote:I've actually seen a few scenes from old movies like that, such as a woman in sexy lingerie seducing a guy in his room but the guy instantly slaps her, telling her he's not so easy but kisses her afterwards, treating her like an object (I don't remember which movie though :/). French movies tend to emphasize drama in serious plots too. I understand better now, thanks for pointing that out ! :)
Also, at the time that movie came out, the girl being the active seducer and the guy doing the slapping, made that scene Gender-Reversal. (In that day and age, only Guys were seducers and Girls did the slapping.) That is what actually made that scene so scandalous. Not what happened, but WHO did it.
DeeKay wrote:For the record, I wouldn't slap a girl if she was trying to seduce me. Just wanted to make it clear ^^
Oh, really...?
DeeKay wrote:
OokamiKasumi wrote:I'm not really sure. All I can say is that your responses are adorable.
Whoa ! So basically, I brought this on myself ? That's unfair, I can't do anything about it ! ^^'''
That's why the call it a weakness, silly.
DeeKay wrote:
OokamiKasumi wrote:This is just for fun so there's No Deadline. If you don't get to it until a month from now, then...you don't get it done until a month from now. No big deal. The world is not going to fall apart any time soon. Put it on your To-Do list for later. We can wait. :)
I'm going to take my sweet time then ! I need some motivation anyway :p
Okay. Though, I suspect you'll find your motivation quicker than you think.
DeeKay wrote:
OokamiKasumi wrote:I really am a Bad Girl, ne?
Huh ? What ? Did I just... ? Oh snap ! :oops:
Don't try to figure it out. Just enjoy the attention. Okay? It really is meant kindly.
DeeKay wrote:
OokamiKasumi wrote:...It's my Cheshire Cap.
Why would you have this kind of accessory ? No, forget it actually. You're going to turn this around to tease me ^^'
Well, every once in a while one has the urge to be...silly; to make yourself, and others, laugh.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

DeeKay
Veteran

#681 Post by DeeKay »

OokamiKasumi wrote:
DeeKay wrote:I know, no worries :) Not like you're trying to assault me or anything anyway.
I never go where I am not invited.
-- However, I am pretty good about wiggling invitations out of people. ;)
Uh oh... ^^'
* tries to hide *
OokamiKasumi wrote:Also, at the time that movie came out, the girl being the active seducer and the guy doing the slapping, made that scene Gender-Reversal. (In that day and age, only Guys were seducers and Girls did the slapping.) That is what actually made that scene so scandalous. Not what happened, but WHO did it.
Thanks for the explanation ! I see the whole thing from a new perspective now :)
OokamiKasumi wrote:
DeeKay wrote:For the record, I wouldn't slap a girl if she was trying to seduce me. Just wanted to make it clear ^^
Oh, really...?
Well yeah ! No way ! Why would I do that without any reason ? And even if I had a reason of sorts, I'd never lay my hand on a girl ! You need to have self-control at times anyway. Maybe I'm being overly stupid about this but that's how I feel ^^'
And... I just realized you're playing around with me.. ^^''''''
OokamiKasumi wrote:That's why the call it a weakness, silly.
Dang... you really like this, don't you ? ^^'
OokamiKasumi wrote:
DeeKay wrote:I'm going to take my sweet time then ! I need some motivation anyway :p
Okay. Though, I suspect you'll find your motivation quicker than you think.
I... I don't know what you're talking about.
* whistles *
OokamiKasumi wrote:Don't try to figure it out. Just enjoy the attention. Okay? It really is meant kindly.
I... suppose. I guess I'm on edge ^^'''
OokamiKasumi wrote:Well, every once in a while one has the urge to be...silly; to make yourself, and others, laugh.
You know, I can imitate Chewbacca growling, I can impersonate Yoda by sounding like Frank Oz and I can imitate R2D2 screaming. That makes Star Wars fans all excited when I do this out of nowhere (especially R2 since it's very loud ^^').
I tried with my colleagues at work and it cracks them up too ^^
-- No longer active --

DeeKay
Veteran

#682 Post by DeeKay »

Just randomly throwing this here, don't mind me ;)
I also wanted to give my character a proper name so... yeah.
Summary.png
-- No longer active --

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#683 Post by KomiTsuku »

If you were an obtainable character, how would you act?

I don't think I'd ever be an obtainable character; much more likely to be a reoccurring villainous gym teacher. I'd be far too evil and crazy, doing everything I could to thwart the students in whatever they tried out of bitterness and spite. Oh, yes, I'd bring back the old punishments... I spend most of my time being sleeping or drinking in the teacher's lounge, ranting about the good old days when I was the legendary science fiction writer. Mind you, there is no proof of that, but that's because you stupid kids are too young to understand. Students could probably get away with anything though, I'd likely be Captain Oblivious.

What would be your role?
Somebody here has to be the antagonist, right? Might as well be the already existing one.

And how would the playing character romance you?

I hate you. I hate you all. Students, teachers, random strangers...
chief.png
"See this mustache? It's accomplished more than you little losers will ever. Now go run laps while old Chief figures out why nobody has reviewed my new book!"

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#684 Post by OokamiKasumi »

KomiTsuku wrote:If you were an obtainable character, how would you act?

I don't think I'd ever be an obtainable character; much more likely to be a reoccurring villainous gym teacher. I'd be far too evil and crazy, doing everything I could to thwart the students in whatever they tried out of bitterness and spite. Oh, yes, I'd bring back the old punishments... I spend most of my time being sleeping or drinking in the teacher's lounge, ranting about the good old days when I was the legendary science fiction writer. Mind you, there is no proof of that, but that's because you stupid kids are too young to understand. Students could probably get away with anything though, I'd likely be Captain Oblivious.

What would be your role?
Somebody here has to be the antagonist, right? Might as well be the already existing one.

chief.png
"See this mustache? It's accomplished more than you little losers will ever. Now go run laps while old Chief figures out why nobody has reviewed my new book!"
What a great character!
-- Now you need to put him in a mock-VN background and give him something he would say to a typical protagonist.

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope

#685 Post by KomiTsuku »

OokamiKasumi wrote:
KomiTsuku wrote:If you were an obtainable character, how would you act?

What would be your role?

The attachment chief.png is no longer available
What a great character!
-- Now you need to put him in a mock-VN background and give him something he would say to a typical protagonist.
I need to get an episode of "From Chief's Desk" (my studio update and visual novel review series) out so people know who the team is...
Chief, Adrian, and Ritz.jpg

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#686 Post by OokamiKasumi »

KomiTsuku wrote:I need to get an episode of "From Chief's Desk" (my studio update and visual novel review series) out so people know who the team is...
That is awesome!

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#687 Post by KomiTsuku »

OokamiKasumi wrote:
KomiTsuku wrote:I need to get an episode of "From Chief's Desk" (my studio update and visual novel review series) out so people know who the team is...
That is awesome!
Oh, if you could only see the massive pile of super awesome projects sitting in my To-Do box. They'd blow your mind! If you kids understood the power of hard work and sacrifice (and piles of disposable income), maybe you could have your own! I'd share mine, since I've got sprites to projects with less than a 10% chance of seeing completion, but you kids need to learn how to work your way to success, like your old Chief here! You know what? Let's start! Jumping jacks, we're doing 300, 4-count! Very slightly modified quote taken from my life... And there was much pain that day...

DeeKay
Veteran

#688 Post by DeeKay »

KomiTsuku wrote:You know what? Let's start! Jumping jacks, we're doing 300, 4-count! Very slightly modified quote taken from my life... And there was much pain that day...
* all serious, takes his glasses off *
Acknowledged Chief ! Beginning workout exercise !
-- No longer active --

RunicV
Veteran
IRC Nick: RunicV

#689 Post by RunicV »

KomiTsuku wrote:Oh, if you could only see the massive pile of super awesome projects sitting in my To-Do box. They'd blow your mind! If you kids understood the power of hard work and sacrifice (and piles of disposable income), maybe you could have your own! I'd share mine, since I've got sprites to projects with less than a 10% chance of seeing completion, but you kids need to learn how to work your way to success, like your old Chief here! You know what? Let's start! Jumping jacks, we're doing 300, 4-count! Very slightly modified quote taken from my life... And there was much pain that day...
Oh god, my character would be at war with you. She'd mutter curses about you under her breath and blatantly refuse to obey your commands. I can already see her yelling at you. XD

"Huh, what an arrogant jerk. Probably some loser who will never make it. I refuse to participate in such a stupid excercise. I'm leaving." *exits the gym*

/fails at roleplaying
Hatred: the absence of love.
Please, treat me with kindness.

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#690 Post by OokamiKasumi »

KomiTsuku wrote:Oh, if you could only see the massive pile of super awesome projects sitting in my To-Do box. They'd blow your mind! If you kids understood the power of hard work and sacrifice (and piles of disposable income), maybe you could have your own! I'd share mine, since I've got sprites to projects with less than a 10% chance of seeing completion, but you kids need to learn how to work your way to success, like your old Chief here!
Oh, what a shame! I tend to finish all my projects. As it is, I only have one currently in progress. But then, I have tons of spare time seeing as I quit the day-job back in 2004. ;)
KomiTsuku wrote:You know what? Let's start! Jumping jacks, we're doing 300, 4-count! Very slightly modified quote taken from my life... And there was much pain that day...
LOL!