What dead project do you think have potential...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Exaelia
Regular

Re: What dead project do you think have potential...

#46 Post by Exaelia »

feathersnake wrote:
Exaelia wrote:
feathersnake wrote:I was sad to see the last chapter of Aquae get dropped.
It was probably the first KN I played. I still didn't really know exactly what Ren'py, visual novels and the like were back then, and I certainly didn't know what a KN was. On top of that, I played it when I was sick, so it kind of has a special place it my heart now, as funny as that may sound. ^///^;
What... no.... I NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS AND I CAN'T EVEN FIND THE SECOND ARC DFSHBGSRHDJGSRJYXFHN.
I know what you mean. ;_; It was very sad news. Last I knew, she (the artist anyways) was working on something commercial and a thesis project I think. I secretly have hopes that someday the project will return, but only time will tell...

You can't find the second arc? o.o This one?
I LOVE YOU ;^;
"If I cared what people think, I would have dyed my hair black."
~Kurosaki Ichigo

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#47 Post by Caveat Lector »

Cadenza. The summary has since been deleted, but as I recall, it was going to be a Battle Royale-esque story with children. It could've been a great tragedy, but it's been three years since the topic was last updated (not counting the edited summary). I hope the author picks it up again, but realistically, it might not be likely.
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

twilightworks
Projects: celestial underground

#48 Post by twilightworks »

I'm ashamed to say that the name escapes me at the moment, but there's an Angel Beats game floating around here somewhere that basically follows the story of the show but from an original character's perspective, basically looking in on canon events from a new point of view.

At least, that was its intention, because I don't think it made it past the first chapter. It is a shame because that first chapter was actually really well written. The characterisation of Yuri in particular struck me as really legit. I would have loved to see it continue, the premise was really interesting to me.

feathersnake
Regular
Completed: A Rose by Any Other Name
Projects: Color, You've Got Mail!
Organization: Olfix Productions
Tumblr: olfix
Deviantart: olfix

#49 Post by feathersnake »

twilightworks wrote:I'm ashamed to say that the name escapes me at the moment, but there's an Angel Beats game floating around here somewhere that basically follows the story of the show but from an original character's perspective, basically looking in on canon events from a new point of view.

At least, that was its intention, because I don't think it made it past the first chapter. It is a shame because that first chapter was actually really well written. The characterisation of Yuri in particular struck me as really legit. I would have loved to see it continue, the premise was really interesting to me.
Ah, I remember that. This is what you're talking about right?

I did take a look at the forum for it, and it looks like it may not have gotten enough support for the creator to continue. There also seemed to be some confusion about copyright. That's just what I'm assuming though.
Olfix Productions:
Tumblr | itch.io
Complete Projects:
A Rose by Any Other Name
In-progress:
Color | You've Got Mail!

twilightworks
Projects: celestial underground

#50 Post by twilightworks »

Hey, that's the one! Glad to see someone else knows about it.

I figured those were the issues that might have stopped it in its tracks. It's a shame--like I said, I thought the idea was great, what was executed was pretty good, and certainly from what I saw, he really nailed character personalities and Angel Beats atmosphere.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#51 Post by gekiganwing »

I'm not too enthusiastic about boy x girl drama. (There are several works in progress in the #VN-Devs Talent&Project Repository which seem like they could be described as "just like Katawa Shoujo, but in space!" or something similar.) Putting that aside, I'll mention a few seemingly inactive or stalled BxG projects which caught my attention:

A science fiction story called HERO had a "prologue preview," but that's about it. The website at Flowchart Media is still online, but I don't know if it's been updated since late 2012.

It's been a few months since the last Human Reignition Project update. It looked like they were trying to build a speculative fiction about a society with social isolation. I hope that updates will resume.

Hinomaru stands out because of its distinct art and colors. I think the plan was for a balance of story and statistics management. The last update was April 2013. The person's Tumblr is still online, but I'm not sure if it's active.

Hope: Symphony of Tomorrow is planned to be an indie game. It had a demo just over a year ago. The last update on Tatamivisual was January 2013. Unfortunately, I don't know what's happened since then.

In the adult section, From Innocence sounded interesting: orphans growing up, somber tone, alternate history. However, it's been over a year since the last post in its thread.

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#52 Post by Hijiri »

gekiganwing wrote:I'm not too enthusiastic about boy x girl drama. (There are several works in progress in the #VN-Devs Talent&Project Repository which seem like they could be described as "just like Katawa Shoujo, but in space!" or something similar.) Putting that aside, I'll mention a few seemingly inactive or stalled BxG projects which caught my attention:

A science fiction story called HERO had a "prologue preview," but that's about it. The website at Flowchart Media is still online, but I don't know if it's been updated since late 2012.

It's been a few months since the last Human Reignition Project update. It looked like they were trying to build a speculative fiction about a society with social isolation. I hope that updates will resume.

Hinomaru stands out because of its distinct art and colors. I think the plan was for a balance of story and statistics management. The last update was April 2013. The person's Tumblr is still online, but I'm not sure if it's active.

Hope: Symphony of Tomorrow is planned to be an indie game. It had a demo just over a year ago. The last update on Tatamivisual was January 2013. Unfortunately, I don't know what's happened since then.

In the adult section, From Innocence sounded interesting: orphans growing up, somber tone, alternate history. However, it's been over a year since the last post in its thread.
HERO's still being worked on. You can find frequent updates on the creator's Twitter page.
https://twitter.com/FlowchartMedia
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#53 Post by gekiganwing »

Coda: Of Love and Composition caught my attention through its sub-Reddit, and through some posts here on Lemma Soft (some in the adult section). It sounded like the story would address a variety of mature topics. There were a few updates earlier this year, but the group working on it is now on indefinite hiatus.

Cradle Song had a demo back in 2011, but was removed from Dischan Media's site in 2013. They said at the time that they weren't actively working on it. Since then, they had a successful Kickstarter project for Dysfunctional Systems, so that's probably what they're focusing on.

Grassland Symphony sounded ambitious: a story without words, an experimental visual novel. It was last updated in September 2012, and might never resume development.

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#54 Post by AntiquedFae »

Oh, thank you gekiganwing for bringing up Grassland Symphony! I instantly thought of it but couldn't remember what it was called! I loved the sound of that project so much, it was one of the things that majorly pushed me to join lemma. I'm so sad that it seems to have halted. The feel of it was so magical and slightly surreal. I love experimental VNs. I wish that one had come to fruition.
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.