NaNoWriMo '12

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: NaNoWriMo '12

#91 Post by CheeryMoya »

Still chugging along, I hope? If you're on schedule with 1.7k words a day, you should have about 11,700-ish words already. If you're behind, better catch up! If you're ahead, damn what the hell are you smoking make sure your story makes sense good!

If you ever need a new writing program, you should check out ZenWriter; it's a program that lets you set a custom image for your background if you don't like plain white, type in all your installed fonts, and even lets you have a music playlist. And it's free! It's pretty nifty, check it out :V

EldaTaluta

#92 Post by EldaTaluta »

I've been using Storybox for my writing. It's pretty great. It lets me separate my chapters and scenes pretty well, and has some pretty nice color schemes.

Right now I'm only at 7801 words, but I'm slowly catching up. I'm sure I'll be able to complete NaNo if I keep at this pace (About 2000 words a day). I fell behind because my power hadn't yet come back until the third day of the month. While writing by candlelight is a romantic thought, it isn't quite as practical as I would have liked. It's been a real pain.

Anarchy
Veteran
Projects: Fairy Tales of Innocent Children

#93 Post by Anarchy »

Am I the only crazy person writing (and coding) directly in Ren'py here?

cuttlefish
Regular

#94 Post by cuttlefish »

Maybe? I'm not writing a VN, but if I were I wouldn't write it directly in Ren'py .__.
I'd use a regular word processor or text editor to write the script (and possibly code), and just paste it in Ren'py later.

Huu... I feel like I'm barely keeping up with word count. Let's keep writing, everyone!

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#95 Post by Taleweaver »

Anarchy wrote:Am I the only crazy person writing (and coding) directly in Ren'py here?
You're not. I am too. Removes one dead-boring step of copy/paste from the workflow.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

KebecMaslow
Regular
Projects: Here's Evil
Organization: Grupo Tricksters

#96 Post by KebecMaslow »

Already at chapter 3... Uff, it's good that words keep coming to my mind.

After some work, I'm finally at 16K
cuttlefish wrote:
KebecMaslow wrote:I'm around 9.5K
Keep it up~
Roger
"The men grew fond of themselves, forgetting all the fears and hardships of the past... until the darkness came back for them."

Cidz
Veteran
Completed: The Forgetful Kiwi [NanoReno 2012], Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Projects: Words Within Our Hearts, Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Organization: Starlight Melodies
Tumblr: starlightmelodies
Deviantart: cidthekitty

#97 Post by Cidz »

Anarchy wrote:Am I the only crazy person writing (and coding) directly in Ren'py here?
My story is going to need too much editing to just write it directly in Ren'py. I've been using google docs myself.
Also I'm currently at 12639 word count. not bad. But, I've gotten addicted to harvest moon again, it's going to be hard to pry myself away from that and write. T_T

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#98 Post by CheeryMoya »

It's only useful if you're writing a VN, otherwise I don't see much reason to write directly in Ren'Py. Not only that, but I get into a sort of coding mentality when I see jEdit/Editra. I did used to write in the script editor, but my writing seemed a little more stiff while I was :/ Is that just me?

Amorphous
Regular
Completed: Recording the Predestined Time
Tumblr: beastamorphous
Github: dmliao
Soundcloud: a_morphous
itch: amorphous

#99 Post by Amorphous »

CheeryMoya wrote:I did used to write in the script editor, but my writing seemed a little more stiff while I was :/ Is that just me?
Same thing happens to me, although I think it has more to do with the font that's used in my case. I make it a point to use Times or a similar font while I'm writing for Nanowrimo - if I use a really thin font, I get into a design mood, and using stuff like Courier makes me think about coding.
Confused person. Makes art and music.
Website | Twitter

Anarchy
Veteran
Projects: Fairy Tales of Innocent Children

#100 Post by Anarchy »

AAHHHHHHHHHHH

I wrote a little over 10,000 words today and am now finally all caught up! Managed to get to 30,000 words right before midnight, baby! Oh my gaaaawd that is absolutely the fastest I've ever written in my whole life *flops all over the keyboard* 1667 words per day from now on is going to seem like baby food compared to what I did today... I'M SO HAPPY OMGGGG *dances all over the forum*

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#101 Post by Anna »

Anarchy wrote:AAHHHHHHHHHHH

I wrote a little over 10,000 words today and am now finally all caught up! Managed to get to 30,000 words right before midnight, baby! Oh my gaaaawd that is absolutely the fastest I've ever written in my whole life *flops all over the keyboard* 1667 words per day from now on is going to seem like baby food compared to what I did today... I'M SO HAPPY OMGGGG *dances all over the forum*
that's really awesome, keep it up, you can do it :D!

destiny_921
Regular
Completed: Closure [KN]
Projects: The Universal Hope (writer, WIP)

#102 Post by destiny_921 »

And here I was wondering what this was until I read through the whole thread. I'm not sure if I'll be able to write 50k words seeing as my finals only finish on the 26th so technically I'm only going to start writing on the 26th. Ah well. I'll still try anyway. It'll be interesting to see how much I can write before the deadline. Challenge. Accepted.

Good luck to everyone! :)
“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try”
– Dr. Seuss

::Completed:: Closure (KN)
::WIPs:: The Universal Hope

::Misc::
Writing Guide

KebecMaslow
Regular
Projects: Here's Evil
Organization: Grupo Tricksters

#103 Post by KebecMaslow »

Why don´t we post our NaNos?That way we can add others as writing buddies.
"The men grew fond of themselves, forgetting all the fears and hardships of the past... until the darkness came back for them."

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#104 Post by Applegate »

So, who all succeeded? I know I didn't. ;_; Failed in the first week when I realised I was waaaayyyy too busy to dedicate the time for 1300 words per day. Clearly, I am not a capable writer at all if I can't even manage that much.

Did you fare better?

destiny_921
Regular
Completed: Closure [KN]
Projects: The Universal Hope (writer, WIP)

#105 Post by destiny_921 »

Managed almost 19k words in a week but didn't have time to continue after that... ._. Was so close!
“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try”
– Dr. Seuss

::Completed:: Closure (KN)
::WIPs:: The Universal Hope

::Misc::
Writing Guide