Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:13 am
- Projects: TBTR
- Organization: Clockwork Cafe
- Location: Narnia
Personally, I can't remember how I became a member here
- King of Lolies
- Posts: 4538
- Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:57 pm
- Completed: R.S.P
- Location: Bandung, West Java, Indonesia
At that time, around 2005, I was looking for an engine to make VN. At that time, there's not much engine flying around in the internet. GM is still buggy, Construct is still not around, and there is no Novelty. I don't know why, but I can't find RenPy at that time... until 2006, I stumble upon RenPy. If you know RenPy, you undoubtedly will know LSF. And so here I am... I didn't join immediately though. I lurked for about one year before finally decided to hop aboard the ship (at 2007).
- Eileen-Class Veteran
- Posts: 1261
- Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:38 am
- Projects: Rika
- Organization: Solo (for now)
- IRC Nick: Trick
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
As LVUER said, Ren'Py and LSF go hand-in-hand, so here I am, and here I will stay.
If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.
- Crawling Chaos
- Posts: 1824
- Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:37 am
- Location: Kimashi Tower, Japan
However, the reason I joined here is to contact with the developer (pytom) on the purpose of getting deeper information of the engine. If the developer isn't watching here, I might not join.
- Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
- Posts: 1592
- Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:38 pm
- Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
- Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
- Tumblr: DejiNyucu
- Deviantart: DejiNyucu
- Location: Chile
Then I started lurking and I decided I wanted to learn to make VNs myself, so I started posting (:
- Posts: 103
- Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:41 am
- Completed: Christmas Project
- Organization: Lunarescent Wings
- Tumblr: darkmoonfire
- Posts: 69
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:23 am
- Completed: Memento Dears
- Location: Wonderland
Ive been on these forums for about 2 years, the first year was spent lurking, then year two I finally decided to join and participate :P
I don't play that many visual novels these days but I still stick around here because this is an interesting community.
- Megane Procrastinator
- Posts: 4099
- Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:54 am
- Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
- Projects: At Regime's End
- Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead
- Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
- Holder of Tasty Drinks
- Posts: 911
- Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:25 pm
- Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
- Projects: Circum[N]avigate
- Posts: 185
- Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:41 am
- Completed: Jose Rizal Visual Novel Game
- Projects: Last Cycle's Vision
- Organization: Unis
I was busy playing VNs and otome games, rather than making one from scratch, so it was't that eventful.
Eventually, I finally managed to work on the courage to make one when I met my HS friend, Syn, who's also into the same interests as I am. I decided to join finally by 2011, but became inactive then decided to be active after my I finally started on my non-academic thesis game, Last Cycle's Vision c:
Artist. Indie Game Designer. Graphic Designer. 3D Hobbyist.
My VN Project: Last Cycle's Vision / Status: Slowly Active
- Eileen-Class Veteran
- Posts: 1519
- Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:35 pm
- Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
- Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
- Organization: MESI Games
- IRC Nick: Hizi
- Tumblr: mesigames
- Skype: kurotezuka
- itch: hijiri
- Location: Los Angeles
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."
- Eileen-Class Veteran
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:32 pm
- Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
- Projects: Rising Angels
- Organization: IDHAS Studios
- IRC Nick: Komi
- itch: idhas
- Location: Somewhere
Woah! I actually have a website now. It never updates!
I should thank her for that though; I've gotten pretty fond of Ren'py since then, and it was probably the reason I passed the class. Also probably the reason why my codes tend to look ugly, but they usually function pretty well. Plus if she ever does give that game a go again, I actually have enough experience to build the stuff we need for it! Take that, learning hurdles.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users