Can you still remember how you found these forums?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Cidz
Veteran
Completed: The Forgetful Kiwi [NanoReno 2012], Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Projects: Words Within Our Hearts, Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Organization: Starlight Melodies
Tumblr: starlightmelodies
Deviantart: cidthekitty

Re: Can you still remember how you found these forums?

#16 Post by Cidz »

Hmm...

Found out about Otome games > Found out about english otome games > found out they came from lemmasoft forums > realized I could also make an otome game > made acct.

Also there was a lot of lurking and secretly stalking you guys for awhile before I signed up. >_>

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#17 Post by KittyKatStar »

thedarkdefender wrote:Or did the forums found you?
Personally, I can't remember how I became a member here :oops:
I signed up only a few months back and I don't even remember. ._. *checks guestbook*
"Hi, I'm Kitty. Obviously new, but lurked here for a bit."
Okay, how long have I lurked... D:

I have no idea. >_< As soon as I discovered Ripples and Flower Shop in the Apple Store, and Moonlight Walks, I guess I always sorta knew the forums were around and people developed VNs. Sometimes I'd check for new VNs just for fun. (2010 and beyond prob.)

However I didn't get real interested in VNs and the making process in general until 6ish months back, when I started following Winter Wolves and similar companies that worked on otome VNs. ^^; And I only signed up after I started writing since I thought it'd be nice to get to know the community, improve my writing, help out if I can with other projects (beta, show interest/support etc), make friends, etc.

michi 18
Veteran
Completed: none at the moment's notice
Projects: The Universal Hope;Wisdom Revival
Organization: Pridal Heavens Inc.

#18 Post by michi 18 »

I was doing googlesearch about sim otome games and downloaded azure's fantasia games and also teacup's planets game and stumbled up on this forums.
Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16452.

MarineScripter
Regular
Projects: Modus Operandi
Organization: Oceanic Eden Productions

#19 Post by MarineScripter »

My sister and I play a large amount of visual novels. She found the forums first, and I followed about seven months after.

Anarchy
Veteran
Projects: Fairy Tales of Innocent Children

#20 Post by Anarchy »

It's all a bit vague, but I'm pretty sure it was the Katawa Shoujo demo that brought me here (I think I stumbled upon it through TvTropes somehow, but I really can't remember at this point). That's how I found out about this medium called a "VN" and about Ren'py. That's why I'm not as well-read in Japan-made VNs as many others on the site- the English VN community was how I found out about this medium in the first place. Lurked on and off for a while, played some VNs here that I loved, made an account, tried to make a VN with my RP group that eventually fell through, abandoned that account, left for a long time, came back because I wanted to make a VN for a school assignment, made this account, and now here I am. :D

Destiny
Veteran
Projects: Cards of Destiny, Sky Eye

#21 Post by Destiny »

Well, since me joining isn't that long ago, I remember pretty well.

1)
I play My Candy Love.

2)
There was a discussion on that board for other nice dating games.

3)
Someone said, that Alistair is a pretty good game.

4)
I look it up, play it, see in the credits that it is made with Ren'Py.

5)
Google Ren'Py, find it awesome, download it.

6)
Since I'm no programmer, I soon have some problems. Search the wiki, search this board.

7)
Become a member. Stay a member :3
Cards of Destiny (WIP) / Sky Eye (WIP)

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#22 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I first knew about RenPy long ago. I actually wanted to use it waaay back then, but I was way too young to comprehend it, and I was more into RPGs when I was still at that young elementary age. When my attempt to make decent RPGs sort of backfired, I was a bit devastated, until I played Fatal Hearts and was led to VNs. Then, I found azureXtwilight and the Fantasia series.

At first I was just a fan of her works, until I decided to go back into the story of my RPGs and rewrite them, and I was like, "Hey, this can be a passable choose-your-adventure story." But I ditched the story line and made a new one, and while I was wondering how to actually make a VN like azure's, I found Ren'Py for the second time.

When I made new stories, I just stayed on azure's forums, but then I got curious of these forums when they keep on linking updates to thread posts here. After looking around and lurking, I decided that if I wanted to make a better VN and be as awesome as azure, then maybe I should drop by, say hi, and post. After all I wasn't that great on Ren'Py at that time, and I needed so much help I can't really work on things on my own.

Then here I am, and I'm staying. I actually owe my entire VN life to azure; if it wasn't for her VNs, I won't be here and I won't be making any of these things. XD