How would you define your personality?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
specialtantei
Veteran

How would you define your personality?

#1 Post by specialtantei »

I think nobody asked this before so I'm giving it a shot. So, that's the question. How would you define yourself in terms of personality? Do you think it influences your professional career choices? Did you ever think about changing yourself?
I guess I'll start. I'm a hidden sadist (not so hidden apparently), a bit/g of a pervert, a good listener (my friends often use my as a personal psychologist .-.) a tomboish girl who likes to go agains the flow and be a crazy witch (something not very well seen here in Spain). Even though I'm mean with people who I really hate, I'm normally sweet and caring with my close friends. I want to be a psychiatrist, a criminologist and maybe study forensics. I guess my choices were influenced by it.
I've changed a lot actually, I used to hide my real self and be afraid of the world, used to act like someone different just to please the others. I'm finally happy with who I am and what I've accomplished in life :). So here's a picture I found which defines me pretty well.

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

Re: How would you define your personality?

#2 Post by Sapphi »

I'm pretty sure I'm an ISFP in the Jungian theory. You can probably safely assume that most of their analysis of ISFPs is also true of me...

I don't really think about changing my core personality (I couldn't stop being an artist) but I do think about expanding myself, tacking on new skills that most people of my type wouldn't appreciate. The trouble is that I'm not actually sure what is "new" in terms of my type. I guess anything I'm inherently awful at would be the skills to try to develop. (Of course, I have the least amount of desire to learn those skills, because they are less fun for me...)

The more I think about it really, I'm not even sure if I have a personality. You know how people define themselves in terms of what they like and don't like? As in, "My favorite color is red" or "My favorite Pokemon is Porygon"? Well, if you think very much, you realize that red and Porygon are the best to you, but not to someone else, and if you look through someone else's eyes, you see that the best is blue and Charizard, and on and on you go until you've appreciated the good in everything. But by appreciating every color and every Pokemon, your opinions become less powerful as a defining force and you lose that level of self-identity. So the longer I live, the more I feel like a blank slate. Probably when I'm old I'll be really boring... :lol:

Well, I lied. I did more type research and found I'm a pretty solid INFP. :lol:
If you're wondering, one of the questions posed to people who don't know if they're ISFP or INFP is, "Do you like philosophy? If so, you're INFP." :P
Last edited by Sapphi on Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Loop, The Madness
Projects: In Orbit, TBA
Organization: Gliese Productions

#3 Post by Greeny »

I'm pretty much INTP all the way. Business-wise, an ideal mindset for being CEO of Gliese Productions!

If you've played The Loop, you'll also know that I'm sadistic as well. And a bit ridonculous.
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!
Gliese Productions | Facebook | Twitter

specialtantei
Veteran

#4 Post by specialtantei »

Greeny wrote:I'm pretty much INTP all the way. Business-wise, an ideal mindset for being CEO of Gliese Productions!

If you've played The Loop, you'll also know that I'm sadistic as well. And a bit ridonculous.
I've played it and painfully enjoyed it. Id do that test, yet it says I must pay :(.

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#5 Post by SundownKid »

My personality type is also INTP, I'm pretty much the introverted and smart type, though I'm not scared or bad at social situations, I just don't like them a lot. My biggest issue is that even though I'm smart, I have to do everything alone, which takes a lot out of you. I would kill for a real life friend or partner to work with, but it's been fruitless so far. It might be living in no man's land, and I definitely want to move somewhere more inviting once I have the money, as living here is very depression-inducing and has already made me incredibly cynical.

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Loop, The Madness
Projects: In Orbit, TBA
Organization: Gliese Productions

#6 Post by Greeny »

specialtantei wrote:
Greeny wrote:I'm pretty much INTP all the way. Business-wise, an ideal mindset for being CEO of Gliese Productions!

I've played it and painfully enjoyed it. Id do that test, yet it says I must pay :(.
There's a free test here: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!
Gliese Productions | Facebook | Twitter

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#7 Post by KittyKatStar »

http://www.personalitypage.com/html/INFP.html

"Quiet, reflective, and idealistic. Interested in serving humanity. Well-developed value system, which they strive to live in accordance with. Extremely loyal. Adaptable and laid-back unless a strongly-held value is threatened. Usually talented writers. Mentally quick, and able to see possibilities. Interested in understanding and helping people."

I guess I'm more or less INFP. ^^; Don't entirely agree with everything, but it seems to reflect me the most.

As for defining my personality myself... I guess... Um...

They may be awkward and uncomfortable with expressing themselves verbally, but have a wonderful ability to define and express what they're feeling on paper.

Pffff hahahahahahaha. Right.

From what I can tell, I'm basically a person that's easy to figure out? I'm an open book, probably naive, friendly (hopefully), extremely loyal, easy to please, enjoy the simple things. I dislike conflict, I rarely get angry (it's mostly at objects, not people. XD Like fickle printers)... Not much confidence in myself, but still want to try and improve... I'm terrible at connecting with people - IRL I'm bad at recognizing names and faces (didn't even recognize my sister when she cut her hair), but once I can associate someone with an experience/encounter I'm better at identifying them. OTZ So it's just easier to be honest with everyone.

I like my own space/quiet time, introverted.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#8 Post by azureXtwilight »

I believe there was once a thread like this in the past, but here goes:

I agee completely with what this test said, probably why I prefer to work in a small circle/memento mori or work alone, or rush people whom I commish:

ESTJ
As an ESTJ, your primary mode of living is focused externally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is internal, where you take things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion.

ESTJs live in a world of facts and concrete needs. They live in the present, with their eye constantly scanning their personal environment to make sure that everything is running smoothly and systematically. They honor traditions and laws, and have a clear set of standards and beliefs. They expect the same of others, and have no patience or understanding of individuals who do not value these systems. They value competence and efficiency, and like to see quick results for their efforts.

ESTJs are take-charge people. They have such a clear vision of the way that things should be, that they naturally step into leadership roles. They are self-confident and aggressive. They are extremely talented at devising systems and plans for action, and at being able to see what steps need to be taken to complete a specific task. They can sometimes be very demanding and critical, because they have such strongly held beliefs, and are likely to express themselves without reserve if they feel someone isn't meeting their standards. But at least their expressions can be taken at face-value, because the ESTJ is extremely straight-forward and honest.

The ESTJ is usually a model citizen, and pillar of the community. He or she takes their commitments seriously, and follows their own standards of "good citizenship" to the letter. ESTJ enjoys interacting with people, and likes to have fun. ESTJs can be very boisterous and fun at social events, especially activities which are focused on the family, community, or work.

I also think I tend to be OCD and perfectionist in work sometimes >_> Which is why it takes me years to finish a game.

specialtantei
Veteran

#9 Post by specialtantei »

I got INFP, seems like most of us dance around the same table when it comes to personalities :lol:.
This thing is actually interesting, thanks for showing it to me, guys!

Paul Mesken

#10 Post by Paul Mesken »

Geez, I got ISTJ. What a bummer :lol:

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#11 Post by Ran08 »

I didn't take the test, but based on the info...
I think can be either The Idealist like most of you, or The Artist. (Though I'm not an artist. Not at all. XD)

The Artist (ISFP): "They're likely to be animal lovers, and to have a true appreciation for the beauties of nature. They're original and independent, and need to have personal space." " They are interested in contributing to people's sense of well-being and happiness, and will put a great deal of effort and energy into tasks which they believe in. " "ISFPs are warm and sympathetic. They genuinely care about people, and are strongly service-oriented in their desire to please. They have an unusually deep well of caring for those who are close to them, and are likely to show their love through actions, rather than words. "

The Idealist (INFP): "INFPs are flexible and laid-back, until one of their values is violated. In the face of their value system being threatened, INFPs can become aggressive defenders, fighting passionately for their cause." " When it comes to the mundane details of life maintenance, INFPs are typically completely unaware of such things. They might go for long periods without noticing a stain on the carpet, but carefully and meticulously brush a speck of dust off of their project booklet. " << TRUE! "INFPs have very high standards and are perfectionists."

Hahaha, quite true too. :) Err, not the high standards part though. I'm easy to please. :) It's the perfectionist part. I always want everything to go as smoothly as possible. Lol.

Come to think of it, I don't really know myself much. :)) I think I'm gonna take the test now. Lol.

Amorphous
Regular
Completed: Recording the Predestined Time
Tumblr: beastamorphous
Github: dmliao
Soundcloud: a_morphous
itch: amorphous

#12 Post by Amorphous »

I'm an INTJ, and I think far too much. As in, try-to-analyze-every-conversation kind of think too much. Social situations tend to give me a headache, although they're more annoying than scary, and I tend to prefer to just do my own thing and observe events from a distance. Apparently I do alright in social situations, but I don't like getting involved unless I absolutely have to.

On the internet, that gets even worse. I have to rethink my posts for a really long time, and sometimes edit them multiple times, before I post them. Then I start worrying about whether I said something wrong or not. If there's anything that defines me, it'd be the fact that I kind of worry about everything.

I'm a perfectionist, although that part of me is starting to become overshadowed by the impatient parts of my personality that just wants to get things done.

Hmm...last thing is that I have a lot of trouble with feelings. I'm skewed really, really strong on the thinking side of thinking vs. feeling, and that has been frustrating to no end. I've been told that I'm really monotone, and when reading / writing stories, I quickly manage to lose track of how a relationship (or even a friendship) is supposed to progress...and even friendships in real life I have trouble with facial expressions / shifts in mood.

I guess it's made me kind of aloof, and has a side effect of making all of my thoughts and actions grounded in logic. In some extreme cases, I've been described as being robotic as well. Might be why I'm looking to be a computer scientist, but I'm also trying to understand emotions a little better in whatever time I have.
Confused person. Makes art and music.
Website | Twitter

inhalance
Regular
Projects: Seasonal Melody ♬

#13 Post by inhalance »

This quiz was fun to take! :) I got INFJ, and I think the description pretty much sums up who I am lol

Because the INFJ has such strong intuitive capabilities, they trust their own instincts above all else. This may result in an INFJ stubborness and tendency to ignore other people's opinions. They believe that they're right. On the other hand, INFJ is a perfectionist who doubts that they are living up to their full potential. INFJs are rarely at complete peace with themselves - there's always something else they should be doing to improve themselves and the world around them. They believe in constant growth, and don't often take time to revel in their accomplishments. They have strong value systems, and need to live their lives in accordance with what they feel is right. In deference to the Feeling aspect of their personalities, INFJs are in some ways gentle and easy going. Conversely, they have very high expectations of themselves, and frequently of their families. They don't believe in compromising their ideals.

This paragraph probably pertains to my personality the most. ^^ This is probably why I don't trust many people easily, heh.
Offering proofreading help and writing assets.

Current WIP:

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

#14 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

Idealist Healer (INFP)
Idealists (NF), as a temperament, are passionately concerned with personal growth and development. Idealists strive to discover who they are and how they can become their best possible self -- always this quest for self-knowledge and self-improvement drives their imagination. And they want to help others make the journey. Idealists are naturally drawn to working with people, and whether in education or counseling, in social services or personnel work, in journalism or the ministry, they are gifted at helping others find their way in life, often inspiring them to grow as individuals and to fulfill their potentials.

Idealists are sure that friendly cooperation is the best way for people to achieve their goals. Conflict and confrontation upset them because they seem to put up angry barriers between people. Idealists dream of creating harmonious, even caring personal relations, and they have a unique talent for helping people get along with each other and work together for the good of all. Such interpersonal harmony might be a romantic ideal, but then Idealists are incurable romantics who prefer to focus on what might be, rather than what is. The real, practical world is only a starting place for Idealists; they believe that life is filled with possibilities waiting to be realized, rich with meanings calling out to be understood. This idea of a mystical or spiritual dimension to life, the "not visible" or the "not yet" that can only be known through intuition or by a leap of faith, is far more important to Idealists than the world of material things.

Highly ethical in their actions, Idealists hold themselves to a strict standard of personal integrity. They must be true to themselves and to others, and they can be quite hard on themselves when they are dishonest, or when they are false or insincere. More often, however, Idealists are the very soul of kindness. Particularly in their personal relationships, Idealists are without question filled with love and good will. They believe in giving of themselves to help others; they cherish a few warm, sensitive friendships; they strive for a special rapport with their children; and in marriage they wish to find a "soulmate," someone with whom they can bond emotionally and spiritually, sharing their deepest feelings and their complex inner worlds.

Idealists are relatively rare, making up no more than 15 to 20 percent of the population. But their ability to inspire people with their enthusiasm and their idealism has given them influence far beyond their numbers.
Healers (INFP) are concerned with keeping the world whole and complete, and will make great sacrifices for causes they believe in. They like to develop deep relationships with others and be a source of personal growth ideas and practices. Healers like to have time to reflect on their thoughts, ideas, or decisions, and like to give others plenty of space to do the same. They tend to encourage curiosity and compassion, and often create a harmonious environment in which others can explore opportunities and express themselves.
The questions seemed a bit dodgy, as I rarely felt strongly about any particular answer, but I think the results are quite accurate.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

DeeKay
Veteran

#15 Post by DeeKay »

Hmm... So I'm an ENFJ apparently and oddly enough, that's pretty much spot on for lots of my traits ^^'
ENFJs are the benevolent 'pedagogues' of humanity. They have tremendous charisma by which many are drawn into their nurturant tutelage and/or grand schemes. Many ENFJs have tremendous power to manipulate others with their phenomenal interpersonal skills and unique salesmanship. But it's usually not meant as manipulation -- ENFJs generally believe in their dreams, and see themselves as helpers and enablers, which they usually are.

ENFJs are global learners. They see the big picture. The ENFJs focus is expansive. Some can juggle an amazing number of responsibilities or projects simultaneously. Many ENFJs have tremendous entrepreneurial ability.

ENFJs are, by definition, Js, with whom we associate organization and decisiveness. But they don't resemble the SJs or even the NTJs in organization of the environment nor occasional recalcitrance. ENFJs are organized in the arena of interpersonal affairs. Their offices may or may not be cluttered, but their conclusions (reached through feelings) about people and motives are drawn much more quickly and are more resilient than those of their NFP counterparts.

ENFJs know and appreciate people. Like most NFs, (and Feelers in general), they are apt to neglect themselves and their own needs for the needs of others. They have thinner psychological boundaries than most, and are at risk for being hurt or even abused by less sensitive people. ENFJs often take on more of the burdens of others than they can bear.
TRADEMARK: "The first shall be last"
This refers to the open-door policy of ENFJs. One ENFJ colleague always welcomes me into his office regardless of his own circumstances. If another person comes to the door, he allows them to interrupt our conversation with their need. While discussing that need, the phone rings and he stops to answer it. Others drop in with a 'quick question.' I finally get up, go to my office and use the call waiting feature on the telephone. When he hangs up, I have his undivided attention!
Huh ? That's fairly close to what's going on at my workplace, especially since I've got more responsibilities nowadays ^^'''
-- No longer active --
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

-- Check out this project if you have some time !