Filipino stuff

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

Re: Anyone from le Philippines! NEW QUESTION

#16 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I'd want to go, but I have to take a long trip just to get there, and I have no one with me :( I live in Central Luzon of all places grrrr
And yes, no money.

Itwasneveradream
Veteran
Projects: Color Me Cliche (semi-hiatus) | Rose Colored Days | College Jam | One secret Project

#17 Post by Itwasneveradream »

SimonLayton wrote:
Itwasneveradream wrote:
SimonLayton wrote:I'm answering the Ozine question. xD I really want to go to the Ozine conventions for a long time, but I never got to. I don't think I can go this year too. >:

Awww, is it too far for you?
Not really, just... *pulls out the inside of my pockets* And I don't have anyone to come with. xD

Aww, I'd go with ya but ya know (STRANGER DANGER)
:P

Itwasneveradream
Veteran
Projects: Color Me Cliche (semi-hiatus) | Rose Colored Days | College Jam | One secret Project

#18 Post by Itwasneveradream »

Lumen_Astrum wrote:I'd want to go, but I have to take a long trip just to get there, and I have no one with me :( I live in Central Luzon of all places grrrr
And yes, no money.
It's always so inconvenient when they're so far.

Just like the comicon at MOA TT.TT

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#19 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I was actually supposed to go at the convention last time at the Megamall with some of my sempais, but my mom didn't allow me. If you remember the stealing incident at Megamall... yes, it happened at the exact same day, and at a time the convention was still going on. My mom sounded more than happy she didn't allow me to go.

If only we can meet up somewhere so we can all go... :'D

khnachi
Veteran
Location: Somewhere in those 7,107 islands in the Philippines.

#20 Post by khnachi »

Itwasneveradream wrote: Edit: Is anyone going to the Ozine at Megamall? :3
I really want to go,but it will cost me Php 200 just to get there(and that's just the transportation expenses).
I'll probably have no problem with asking my mom for permission to go there since I'm old enough haha(I'm 17 btw),and I've been to far places where I commute alone.
Just have a one problem that will affect the whole thing..I'm broke.//lol

Itwasneveradream
Veteran

#21 Post by Itwasneveradream »

@Lumen Oh I remember that! I guess your mom has womanly instincts?

@Khanachi XD WE ALL ARE!

SimonLayton
Regular

#22 Post by SimonLayton »

Holy frick today is the start of the Ozine Fest 2013 I CANT GO any of you going?
Itwasneveradream wrote:Aww, I'd go with ya but ya know (STRANGER DANGER)
:P
BUT IM IN HIGH SCHOOL TOO WE CAN BE THE BEST OF FRIENDS QAQ
Honest Critique
itch.io | avatar by crestforge

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#23 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

According to a friend there are SO MANY PEOPLE on the first day. That made me even more anxious to go TAT

Itwasneveradream
Veteran

#24 Post by Itwasneveradream »

@Simon Yep, I went todayyyy

@Lumen It was crowded. I swear I got carried away in people traffic wahhh

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#25 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Aww, living in the province really sucks. I hope I can go next time; it sounds really fun :(

coffin-tan

#26 Post by coffin-tan »

Lumen_Astrum wrote:Aww, living in the province really sucks. I hope I can go next time; it sounds really fun :(
Same here. You're not the only one who feels that way haha~ xD

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

#27 Post by merdeamour »

And here I am, wishing that I live in the province xD I've been to a con once, to watch Uchusentai NOIZ (I live near where the big malls are), but that was it.
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

Pencey
Regular

Re: Anyone from le Philippines!

#28 Post by Pencey »

thekobester11 wrote:There's actually quite a lot since it's on demand.

There's St. Benilde, the pioneers of the course, BA MMA (Bachelor of Arts Multimedia Arts).

Pros:Like Lumen_Astrum said. They use CINTIQ tablets, not much of a difference really... if you know how to draw, you could use a simple cd-r king tablet that's worth 2K. They have state of the art equipment (sound studio and alienware computers) and a building! They teach you basic photography (if ya don't have an dslr, you could borrow from them!) and they also teach you video editing. They can teach you 3d programs like 3dsmax (a norm in the industry) and maya. They have a 3 year course, majority are majors and not minors like humanities etc.

Cons: Just like Lumen_Astrum said, it's pretty damn expensive. It's a trisem school which means you have to pay up 180K per year, Since they're BA, they don't teach you anything else other than anything related to the course (You can't make a game since, you can't code it. they don't teach programming subjects...but it's the job of the IT anyways...) Although they have top of the game computers, they have not-so updated softwares/ programs. They use Maya 8 for christ's sake (2013 is the newest >_>). And there's the name of the school...

Next is Mapua's BS MAS(Bachelor of Science Multimedia Arts and Sciences) where I'm currently studying from and I'm already a GC.

Pros: We use Intuos tablets with Macs. Mapua also teaches you basic photography, video-editing and animation. They are updated in their softwares (Maya, Photoshop and etc. are up to date.), Since we're BS (Bachelor of Science not bullsh*t XD), they've included some programming subjects like C, C#, C++, visual basic, dreamweaver and java. We're a 4.5 years course. You could choose your electives from video (like directing and etc.) to graphics (logo designing and etc.) and animation.

Cons: here we go... We don't have a building, since mapua is quite small compared to St. Benilde. It has an okay TF ranging 30-40K per sem depending in the subjects. The problem is we're a quarter sem and not a trisem. Which means no vacation for you XD

There's other schools like IAcademy (YOU SHOULD PICK THIS!) in makati and the new multimedia course at UE.

Well, good luck choosing!
I'm a 2nd year Multimedia Arts student in Benilde, and honestly I have never touched the Cintiq tablets. Not yet, anyway :))
Personally I really like it here. I just started my 2nd year so I haven't taken the more ~interesting~ classes like 2d and 3d animation, film etc but I have taken most of the art & photography classes (i dislike photography tho so mehhh). It's really fun tbh.
Also the organizations here are neat. There's one for MMA and another one for animation. We have workshops and some hands-on stuff.

and um yeah ey fellow filipinos ^^

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#29 Post by curry nochi rice »

we have schools offering multimedia short-courses here in my city.

it's kinda cheap living here. XD.

P.S. It's Ateneo de Cagayan University, and some small colleges I can't tell you about.
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

Re: Filipino stuff

#30 Post by merdeamour »

My sister's a freshman in Asia Pacific College right now, and she's taking up MMA... APC sounds like a pretty good school, although they operate on a trimestral basis.

(Also, my mother works at BDO, so she has a discount with APC xD.)
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!