Shout For Joy, Share Your Happiness

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
9-of-Hearts
Regular

Re: Shout For Joy, Share Your Happiness

#136 Post by 9-of-Hearts »

I get to spend some time with my dad today, I haven't seen him since winter break! And we get to go bond over a musical. :)

@sake-bento: Those sound yummy! Is the recipe a secret? Because they sound like something I'd like to try baking. Sharing the food you made to make people happy feels really nice, doesn't it?

SHiNKiROU
Regular

#137 Post by SHiNKiROU »

University admission.
My admission average is between 93% and 95%. The included subjects are:
- AP Physics: 100%-97%
- AP Chemistry: 97%-95%
- AP Calculus: 96%
- AP English Lit & Compo: 89%-86%

The catch is that, I got 67% in my English provincial exam. Provincial exams seems only exist in British Columbia, Canada. Because 67% is 20% lower than my AP English marks, the admission committee of UBC will assume my English is 67%. There is no conditional offer from UBC but there are offers from Waterloo and U. Toronto, despite the fact that some of my friends got offer from UBC.

However, things are getting better recently. The last wave of workload in AP English faded. We found a way to pay for tuition and my aim is University of Toronto.

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#138 Post by Deji »

My day yesterday was spent with my mom window-shopping at a mall, followed by a lovely lunch that took forever, though, where my bf joined us; then, after mom left, accompanying bf to buy some new clothes for the night.
After that I took a loooong nap and then pretty-fied myself to go to a cool birthday party with my bf! lots of people! There was a super fun show by a transwoman performer (she was awesome *-* Man, how could she dance on those high heels?! My feet were killing me just by standing on a pair x_x) and all the gay friends of our gay birthday friend were super fashionable *-* The birthday man himself was super fashionable <3 I've only met him twice (he's a coworker/friend of my bf), but I love him to pieces.
I'm sure a few years ago I'd be uncomfortable in a party such as last night's, due to my narrow views of the world back then, but I felt at home last night, and had lots of fun! We only left earlier because lots of people were smoking inside the room and we were getting suffocated (also all our clothes ended up stinking of tobacco ;v;) I'm sad my bf's cellphone-camera didn't have flash, everybody was taking pictures with the showgirl and I wanted one too ;v; She was awesome *-*!

And this morning mom calls me and tells me she'll gift me a couple hundred dollars to buy myself some new clothes! :'D

It was a nice day ^____^

PS: If I'm being offensive with this post in any way, let me know so I can edit my wording to be non-offensive :)
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Kingv
Veteran
Projects: Pet Tails, Transformation Sequence, Cheer On!
Tumblr: EphemeralBalance
Deviantart: kingv

#139 Post by Kingv »

My wrist have been hurting like crazy for the last few weeks. It's been hard to even wiggle my fingers without feeling some discomfort. But a friend recently bought me some homemade Dit Da Jow. I don't know exactly what's in it but I'm feeling much better than I have in a while! ^^

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#140 Post by sake-bento »

9-of-Hearts wrote:@sake-bento: Those sound yummy! Is the recipe a secret? Because they sound like something I'd like to try baking. Sharing the food you made to make people happy feels really nice, doesn't it?
Here you go. ^-^

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#141 Post by SusanTheCat »

SHiNKiROU wrote: There is no conditional offer from UBC but there are offers from Waterloo and U. Toronto, despite the fact that some of my friends got offer from UBC.
Woot!

My son also has an offer from Waterloo!

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

arachni42
Veteran
Organization: no, I'm pretty messy

#142 Post by arachni42 »

I've been hypomanic lately. I have no reason to feel as good as I do. This will probably involve some crashing and burning later, but for now I can't complain!
I, Miku (NaNoRenO 2014)
Vignettes (NaNoRenO 2013)

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#143 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Trying so hard not to spaz out right now and go crazy with the keyboard. As in the whole button mashing mess.

Ahem. As of this very moment, my boyfriend's cat Coffee is giving birth to kittens. It's like experiencing my dog Storm giving birth to her puppies all over again.

So exciting!
ImageImageImageImage

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#144 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

I was getting all pissy today over invoices (like one more person asks for something to do with them and I'll set the whole pile on fire) and was pretty much done for the day, and then I got news I got a promotion and a pay rise. I can tell you it took the edge off being annoyed -^_^-

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#145 Post by Kato »

I got asked to join another beach volleyball team tonight! (For a grand total of 3 teams over 3 nights a week :D) Due to injury I had to basically give up sport altogether but it's good knowing I can still play an enjoyable game, that doesn't involve trying to kill each other and re-aggravating my injuries, which I seem to be pretty good at! I almost forgot how fun it was play sport competitively. :lol:
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

Amorphous
Regular
Completed: Recording the Predestined Time
Tumblr: beastamorphous
Github: dmliao
Soundcloud: a_morphous
itch: amorphous

#146 Post by Amorphous »

I'm done with most of my major projects, so for the first time in months I'm not stressing out over deadlines! Yay!

I also got into Princeton for college a few weeks ago, and that fact is pretty much just sinking in now. I'm actually really excited to go to college, although I'll probably get even more excited come July / August.

I don't know why this is all hitting me right now, it's kind of a random time. But I'm really, really happy, and I haven't been for a really long time. :D
Confused person. Makes art and music.
Website | Twitter

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#147 Post by Blue Lemma »

Yay everyone :D

@Auro: good thing you waited to set those papers on fire ;)

@sake: do you also make bentos?
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#148 Post by azureXtwilight »

Yay, no more remedials! All my marks are now above the ones needed for scholarship requirements, no remedials means no more cut-off holidays! I can finally go home in peace! Good-bye B marks!

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#149 Post by Deji »

Urasawa's Monster announced to be adapted into an HBO series by Guillermo del Toro and a writer from BBC's Sherlock and Dr. Who.

I'm... convulsing and foaming of happiness and completely rendered useless by the awesome news.
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#150 Post by mugenjohncel »

Happy Birthday to... Me :mrgreen:

"POOF" (Disappears)