Shout For Joy, Share Your Happiness

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

Re: Shout For Joy, Share Your Happiness

#151 Post by Donmai »

Happy Birthday, Uncle Mugen! :D
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

pwisaguacate
Veteran

#152 Post by pwisaguacate »

Guys, quit clogging up the forum; I see you're speechlessly happy and all, but...
Happy Birthday to... Uncle Mugen ~_~

ebi brain
Regular
Organization: Zettai Rookie Project

#153 Post by ebi brain »

I got the Japanese version of Ni no Kuni for the DS. Finally!
The packaging and book are so beautiful :')
It almost makes me want to buy another one to keep as a collector's item or something.

Surprisingly, I can understand a lot of the text, though Japanese Drippy speaks really fast!
Since I have our site RSI, I used speech recognition by, sometimes this means I'll make some mistakes. :D

My sketchbook - Come yell at me :D

JumpJump
Veteran
Projects: 9413
Organization: 2wo dollars

#154 Post by JumpJump »

I got this today for £1 ($1.55). It is the "How to draw manga: costume encyclopaedia Vol.2" this one is the definition of perfect for what I need.
Attachments
SNV34921 (Medium).JPG
"You are the master of understatement, chief. You had a foursome with the Elephant Man and a couple of foreign princesses. I'd head on out before the paparazzi arrive, if I were you." - Barry the time travelling sprout

Old and new, whatever you want. All is here.

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#155 Post by Lishy »

A very pretty black woman from Cuba came to speak to our class. I think I'm in love! <3

(That, or I'm just super infatuated :lol:)
-

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#156 Post by mugenjohncel »

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

You mean all five of you don't know how to drive this Owner Type Jeep!?... Tsk tsk tsk... Young people nowadays... doesn't know how to drive manual. Do not worry let me teach you how... I feel like the smartest person in the world right now...

"POOF" (Disappears)

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#157 Post by LVUER »

JumpJump wrote:I got this today for £1 ($1.55). It is the "How to draw manga: costume encyclopaedia Vol.2" this one is the definition of perfect for what I need.
Is she your kid? She's cute. And I also want that book. Only for $1.55n that's cheap. It's very hard to find that book here (and if I do find it, it can range from $20 to $40).
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#158 Post by MaiMai »

Yesterday I was in despair because I ruined my tablet cord since I accidentally had it plugged in at the end where you connect it to the tablet... And consequently it got crushed under the weight of my laptop.

With a heavy heart, I ordered a new cord on Amazon, thinking it would take the usual 3-5 days delivery seeing as how I don't want to spend any money on overnight shipping. I REALLY need my drawing tablet during this time since I'm digitally rendering a final for my anatomy art class.

I come home this evening and LO AND BEHOLD my new cord is here! The seller lives in my state in a city that is nearby so I got my new cord in no time at all! It even fits better than the previous one cause when I move it around it won't randomly disconnect!! SUCK IT WACOM.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#159 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Art classes as usual, and I am super early as usual -- thanks to my mother and her panicking. The teacher taught us doing landscape in pastel and he was demonstrating how to do it in front of us by working on a full image and lecturing the techniques he was doing. Later on after he was done lecturing, he handed it to me with his signature and all and said it was for me being punctual. >w<

The gist? He's a National Artist, yo. It's now one of my most precious possessions, and I'm now trying to have it framed :'D

JumpJump
Veteran

#160 Post by JumpJump »

LVUER wrote:
JumpJump wrote:I got this today for £1 ($1.55). It is the "How to draw manga: costume encyclopaedia Vol.2" this one is the definition of perfect for what I need.
Is she your kid? She's cute. And I also want that book. Only for $1.55n that's cheap. It's very hard to find that book here (and if I do find it, it can range from $20 to $40).
That little lady is my pride and joy/monkey. She loves to read (flicking trough a book making sounds). when I normally find any "how to draw manga" book, I'm taken aback by the price. I hope I'm recalling this properly. There was comic shop I used to go to years ago and the prices of everything was jaw-dropping! A copy of HTDM starters kit would set you back £60 (around $93). Sadly It was the cheapest I could find. I also found volumes of Dragon ball for £1 each in a discount bookshop (other mangas where there). Having won some money on a scratch card, I had a very satisfying shopping spree :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .
"You are the master of understatement, chief. You had a foursome with the Elephant Man and a couple of foreign princesses. I'd head on out before the paparazzi arrive, if I were you." - Barry the time travelling sprout

pwisaguacate
Veteran

#161 Post by pwisaguacate »

I felt like I had to make this; excuse the bad/lame editing.

I was going to modify the background boy's hair a bit and change the book title to "How to Draw Hentai" for the lolz, but I got lazy. =D
Attachments
Don't ask.
Don't ask.

JumpJump
Veteran

#162 Post by JumpJump »

pwisaguacate wrote:
I felt like I had to make this; excuse the bad/lame editing.

I was going to modify the background boy's hair a bit and change the book title to "How to Draw Hentai" for the lolz, but I got lazy. =D
I must admit, the cover made me feel like I was buying hentai.

latte
Regular
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds, untitled KN

#163 Post by latte »

Yay so many good things happening! I managed to get a guys sprite's sketch approved at the first try (the first boy for the same client took like six tries), and also I made it for the semi-finalists in VGN Corp's Magic Knight contest! Which means they'll be using my entry in a mobile card game to be released in Japan, I'm so excited. Just hope I'll be able to draw the other levels in time because there's so much work to do already ohmigosh @_@

Other than that, somehow another illustrator/mangaka praised me one of those days, this time one in dA whose works I often comment, and she's really good. I could have never thought this would happen twice in my current age...

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#164 Post by Kato »

latte wrote:Yay so many good things happening! I managed to get a guys sprite's sketch approved at the first try (the first boy for the same client took like six tries), and also I made it for the semi-finalists in VGN Corp's Magic Knight contest! Which means they'll be using my entry in a mobile card game to be released in Japan, I'm so excited. Just hope I'll be able to draw the other levels in time because there's so much work to do already ohmigosh @_@

Other than that, somehow another illustrator/mangaka praised me one of those days, this time one in dA whose works I often comment, and she's really good. I could have never thought this would happen twice in my current age...
Waah! That's amazing! Good luck with the next round, all the entries look incredible! :p
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#165 Post by Kato »

I'll finally get to see snow in a couple of months! Being from good old Western Australia, the closest thing we get to snow is the ash from nearby bushfires so I'm pretty excited! A friend of mine owns a clothing label and as thanks for helping him promote it + covering half my car with his stickers. he's flying me over to Mount Buller in Melbourne for a couple of weeks :D :D Ahhhhh *dies*
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds