Shout For Joy, Share Your Happiness

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

Re: Shout For Joy, Share Your Happiness

#46 Post by mugenjohncel »

YES! I CAN NOW USE REN'PY 6.14 JEDIT ON MY BELOVED WINDOWS XP MACHINE... I do not know how or what happened but it's working now!!! I can finally make use of newer Ren'py features!

"POOF" (Disappears)

Zylinder
Veteran

#47 Post by Zylinder »

This is probably a silly thing to be happy about, but I've just put my little cousin to sleep (At 4 in the morning! The little twerp is running on cheat codes, I swear) after a whole day of hanging out with him and it's been such a fun day that I just felt like I had to roll around and gush about it somewhere.

He says the darnedest things (Evolution means, shit gets better) and is so adorably silly. He rarely gets to visit - like once a year during Chinese New Year - and I'm really flattered that he even remembers me considering how little we see each other. He's the only member of my extended family who makes me wish I live closer to the lot of them, and I'm hoping that I'll get to visit him more if I move for school this year.

And yeah, I'll shut up about this minor thing now. XD

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#48 Post by Kato »

Zylinder wrote:This is probably a silly thing to be happy about, but I've just put my little cousin to sleep (At 4 in the morning! The little twerp is running on cheat codes, I swear) after a whole day of hanging out with him and it's been such a fun day that I just felt like I had to roll around and gush about it somewhere.

He says the darnedest things (Evolution means, shit gets better) and is so adorably silly. He rarely gets to visit - like once a year during Chinese New Year - and I'm really flattered that he even remembers me considering how little we see each other. He's the only member of my extended family who makes me wish I live closer to the lot of them, and I'm hoping that I'll get to visit him more if I move for school this year.

And yeah, I'll shut up about this minor thing now. XD
Totally not a minor thing! It's the same kind of relationship I have with my niece. I don't see her very often but when I do we are inseparable. I help her with her homework then we do awesome stuff like play with play dough and lego (she responds to artsy things really well) or I teach her magic tricks and stuff. Don't have a super solid relationship with the fam but it's always a high point for me when I go to visit.
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#49 Post by Blane Doyle »

I have come to a startling conclusion today.

You can't make great things until you make good things.
You can't make good things until you make ok things.
You can't make ok things until you make terrible things (even if you never show anyone).
But you can't make anything until you actually get down to make it.

This seems like it should be the most obvious thing in the world but for me... I saw it all the time but never really thought it might apply to me.
Until some of my friends starting pointing out how much I have improved in my writing and asked why I never show anyone else.

Enough scripting multiple projects. I'm picking one and I am making it.

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#50 Post by Obscura »

Blane Doyle wrote:I have come to a startling conclusion today.

You can't make great things until you make good things.
You can't make good things until you make ok things.
You can't make ok things until you make terrible things (even if you never show anyone).
But you can't make anything until you actually get down to make it.

This seems like it should be the most obvious thing in the world but for me... I saw it all the time but never really thought it might apply to me.
Until some of my friends starting pointing out how much I have improved in my writing and asked why I never show anyone else.

Enough scripting multiple projects. I'm picking one and I am making it.
Just in time for Nano!
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#51 Post by Blane Doyle »

I don't think I am quite ready for NaNoRenO yet. XD It starts in less than a week after all.

But... I am a Pantser for NaNoWriMo... maybe that would be a fun challenge for my first.

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#52 Post by KittyKatStar »

Vacation's where I wanna be
Buddy on the beach where the fun is free
We don't need a holiday to start to celebrate
(I need a break; I need a vacation)

ON VAY-CAAAAAY~

Been having a blast far. ^_^ Did some shopping with BF, he spoiled me with a brand new laptop. Arizona is much warmer so been enjoying the sunshine (haven't seen it since Nov I swear o.o ).

Mostly been gaming, and reading. It's nice to have a rest once in a while.

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#53 Post by SusanTheCat »

I made a healthy lunch today!
Fredericton-20130226-00374.jpg
It even has vegetables!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

Aedin
Regular

#54 Post by Aedin »

At my school, there's a tradition where the graduating senior class will go to Europe after graduation for several weeks to tour and spend time together. For years, I was looking forward to that because am I madly in love with Europe and plan to live there someday.

Well, this past summer my father lost his rather high paying job and was unemployed for several months. My mother works at a middle school so we had to crunch down on spending. That was all happening right before we were committing to the trip. Now this is a very expensive trip (around $3500). My parents weren't happy about the cost but said that if I wanted to go, they would find a way.

Which made me feel extreeeeeemely guilty. So after much deliberating and internal fighting, I lied and told them I didn't want to go any longer. So since August, I've been having to sit in my English class every day while my English teach (who puts the trip together) would tell us about all the amazing things that they would get to see and do when they went. It like murdered my soul having to listen to all that and know that I couldn't go.

A couple days ago, my friend decided to tell her family that she wasn't going anymore after they had paid for almost half the trip (which is now three months away). Almost everything has been booked, so they'd be stuck paying for a empty seat unless someone took her place. My English teacher and I are soulmates so she immediately looked at me and said that I had to find a way to go.

My father has since gotten a job, albeit one that pays much less. I myself had a small part-time job and offered to use all the money I earned from that for it. There's still a good bit to pay and we would have to pay my friend's family back, but there's time to do it now. And after much talking with my parents, they finally agreed.

I'm going to Europe /diesofhappiness
"There’s no shame in pleasure, Mr. Gray. You see, man just wants to be happy, but society wants him to be good. And when he’s good, man is rarely happy, and when he’s happy he is always good."

ebi brain
Regular
Organization: Zettai Rookie Project

#55 Post by ebi brain »

I just found out I passed a very important programming exam (labview *shudders*) XD

I'm not completely safe yet ( If I miss even 1 credit this year, I get kicked out and can't return for three years:/), but man do I feel relieved now. That's one less exam to worry about.

My arms are completely shot from computer overkill and stress ( in one day I managed to get 5 more triggerpoint knots:/) but I PASSED! Oh my god I'm so happy.
Since I have our site RSI, I used speech recognition by, sometimes this means I'll make some mistakes. :D

My sketchbook - Come yell at me :D

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#56 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

(Now to reply to everyone that I can see)

Huzzah for you Uncle Mugen! May you have fun with all those features. =P

And yes you should be happy Zylinder, I've had to babysit my little brother and future niece for years. They would always try to stay up past midnight.

As for you Blane, no matter what comes up in the future of how your projects go, keep on trying. (I should start trying myself after the collab's done, blah)

KittyKatStar...switch with me? You work while I vacay? Joking, just joking. Haha, been a long time.

Ooh, the lunch looks nice Susan. How did it taste?

And for the trip....EPIC. Extremely epic for you Aedin! I lost my chance to go to...I think New Zealand, years ago. Enjoy your time there after your graduation!

Ebi brain, good luck on all your other exams! Even if it's just that one that you know you passe, you deserve such happiness. Goes to show how hard you've been working and studying.

As for meh, it's food related. I have succeeded with making crab rangoon! First time around, there were chunks of garlic and onion here and there, while some were partly burnt. This is the second time. And it, is delicious.
Yummy, nummy~
Yummy, nummy~
My little brother and Emily (Little sister's friend who occasionally visits the house to hang out even though my lil sis moved to the dorms. It's all right since we view her as another sister XD) can't stop eating them. << Hope there's enough left for everyone else when they get home.
ImageImageImageImage

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#57 Post by SusanTheCat »

@Sunlit-Dreamer

That looks very yummy!

My achievement this week is that I made a bento-style lunch for my son and me for 3 days out of 5! (Which is better than my 0 for 5 lunch making record)

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#58 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

It was, everyone ate it all up last night. No leftovers.

And that's a great achievement! Hopefully next week you'll get 5 out of 5!

SUPER happy right now! My boyfriend was finally able to send the (really) late package (I've told him that paying bills and food comes first D=<) a couple days ago and it arrived today! Sure V-Day has long passed, but I'm still ecstatic~ A bear holding a jar of candy with an "I love you" balloon, and two necklaces.

I apologize for the mini spammage of pics.
Sad there wasn't a dog or kitty version.
Sad there wasn't a dog or kitty version.
I think he chose this on purpose due to my mini love of pink petal style. XD
I think he chose this on purpose due to my mini love of pink petal style. XD
A seemingly usual &quot;plastic&quot; rose.
A seemingly usual "plastic" rose.
Rose turns into necklace case.
Rose turns into necklace case.
Well worth the wait for me. ^^ Now I go do my happy dance with my new bear.
ImageImageImageImage

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: a2 ~a due~
Projects: AXIOM.01, The Pirate Mermaid
Organization: Variable X, Navigame
Tumblr: navigame-media
itch: navigame

#59 Post by Arowana »

This thread is so sweet! :D

@ Sunlit-Dreamer
Omg, I love crab rangoon! Those look so delicious - really making me hungry for them right now!
Complete: a2 ~a due~ (music, language, love)
In progress: The Pirate Mermaid (fairytale otome)
On hold: AXIOM.01 (girl detective game)

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#60 Post by sake-bento »

Delicious food for dinner tonight. I love it when Mai makes homemade curry. It's such a simple dish, but it feels homey and sweet.