Shout For Joy, Share Your Happiness

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Shinoki
Veteran
Completed: tender feelings like water, Follower A, Moon Archer Shooting Stars, Heart's Blight, from that moment she neglected the world
Projects: Pomegranate Fruit
itch: 4noki

Re: Shout For Joy, Share Your Happiness

#676 Post by Shinoki »

I'm a lazy piece of trash. BUT, I found the answer keys for my summer homework! Bless!
(Haha, it's going to come and bite my later on, but for now... whew, no need to worry about messing up and not finishing.)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#677 Post by Zelan »

Shinoki wrote:I'm a lazy piece of trash. BUT, I found the answer keys for my summer homework! Bless!
(Haha, it's going to come and bite my later on, but for now... whew, no need to worry about messing up and not finishing.)
Pfft, lucky you. I've barely started my mountain of Spanish summer homework and it's due very soon... yeah, I'm screwed.

On the other hand, I got the tips of my hair dyed a tealish color. <3 It's a little thing but it makes me really happy.

Also, my school year starts tomorrow. I have mixed feelings about it (because, y'know, school) but they're mostly positive. I get to tell all of my friends the terrible pun I came up with. cx

Shinoki
Veteran
Completed: tender feelings like water, Follower A, Moon Archer Shooting Stars, Heart's Blight, from that moment she neglected the world

#678 Post by Shinoki »

@Zelan

It's funny, but that homework that I had was also Spanish homework. XD Well, I'm cheering you on!

Northern
Projects: 0's, 1's, and Squares

#679 Post by Northern »

I semi-completed a very rough VN for Ludum Dare. I didn't submit it on time but I've decided to hold off on publishing it and polish it up just a little more. I had a basic summary for the idea when I first opened the new rpy file (heck, I even thought it was too cheesy of an idea 1/3 in and almost stopped), but it sorta mutated as I went along, and I actually really like what came out of it.

So hooray, I guess. :)

I need more Ludum Dares in my life. >_>

Kuiper
Regular
Completed: Cursed Lands, Trial by Fire
Projects: Necrobarista, Idol Manager
Organization: Route 59 Games
Tumblr: kuiperblog

#680 Post by Kuiper »

I recently moved, and after a (fairly lengthy) dispute process with my previous (rapacious) landlord over several (absurd) charges, it looks like I'm actually going to get (most of) my deposit back (some time in the next 4-6 weeks)!
Necrobarista - serve coffee to the living and the dead
Idol Manager - experience the glamour and dangers of the pop idol industry
Cursed Lands - a mix of high fantasy and gothic horror

Velvet Breath

#681 Post by Velvet Breath »

Although it's 3 days away until school reopens, I'm SUPER thrilled that I got the chance to draw! The most important exam is 50 days from today, but I completed a quick digital sketch to use as my LSF profile picture :P

Rossfellow
Veteran
Projects: Sedatophobia
Organization: Team 3Edgy
Deviantart: l-rossfellow

#682 Post by Rossfellow »

Can I just rave about how good Va-11 Hall-A's soundtrack is?

Damn.

Daaaaaaaaaaamn.
ImageImage
Sedatophobia (latin SedatoPhobia)
___(n) 1: The averse reaction to stillness, silence and/or state of helplessness.
______2: (Psychology) A state of distress where the victim's sense of reality can no longer keep up with his or her imagination.
______Related: Madness, Paranoia, Despair

bluebirdplays
Regular
Projects: A Flamingo Tale, Eyas
Tumblr: bluebirdplays

#683 Post by bluebirdplays »

I'm bursting at the seams at joining a game jam this month. It's been a LONG time since my last game and I just love the community feel of following everyone else in the jam and seeing what others create!

Shinoki
Veteran

#684 Post by Shinoki »

I realized I panic too much over stupid things. I have good grades, low A in English, mid-A in science, and over 95% in every other subject. Admittedly, I'm in high school--lol, trashy teenager weeb. But, I still stress myself out over my moderately good grades that don't need that much stressing over.

I finally asked for some help from my teacher on my English thesis for an essay, and I feel like I've accomplished something in my life. I'm pretty bad at writing essays, so trying to get better is a really nice feeling, for now.

It's small, but it feels good to feel smart.

UkiTheMaid
Completed: Demon Dinner Date
Organization: GhostGlow Productions

#685 Post by UkiTheMaid »

A couple months ago, with help (read motivation) from my bae, I finally started seeking professional help for my anxiety, and honestly, I haven't felt this good in years! I feel like I'm finally starting my life proper!

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#686 Post by Rinima »

Just ordered a 2DS and I'm really excited XD
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

neuropsy
Regular
Projects: Emissary of Starlight
Tumblr: emissaryofstarlight

#687 Post by neuropsy »

I've been on an hiatus recently from my visual novel because of real world responsibilities...

But I'd love to report than I just received an interview invite for medical school! On my 22nd birthday, no less.
"Everyone was jumping a giant jump rope, but I was too scared to join. I was hesitant, like a child, always waiting for you."
Current Project: Emissary of Starlight

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#688 Post by Rinima »

@neuropsy
Happy birthday! And congrats on the interview~
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Dreamgazer
Veteran
Completed: Death Room; Don't Take This Risk; War: 13th Day; War Specials
Projects: Beauty and the War (X Playing Pieces)
Organization: Poison Apple Tales
Tumblr: poisonappletales
Deviantart: PoisonAppleTales

#689 Post by Dreamgazer »

neuropsy wrote:I've been on an hiatus recently from my visual novel because of real world responsibilities...

But I'd love to report than I just received an interview invite for medical school! On my 22nd birthday, no less.
Ooh, happy belated birthday! Hope you got everything else you wanted. Good luck on the interview!

Anyway, this is my first time on this thread, so here it goes!

You may have come across me saying this somewhere on the site, but I'm so happy to have released the demo for Beauty and the War (X Playing Pieces)! After working on it and working on it...well, it feels good to have finished this much. I'm bursting with so much excitement, so I hope you won't hold it against me if you see me talking about it on my blog or tumblr or something.

Oh, and if anyone decides to give it a try, I hope you like it. (And please do tell me! I love feedback. :))

Other than that, I'm looking forward to getting more involved with the LSF community here. I'm hoping to get more active...except that I'm really itching to join a jam that's coming up soon. Which means I'll be disappearing into the time-crunched world of game dev again. All righty - one more game and then...I'll be back.

Sonomi
Veteran
Projects: Lethargy of Snow
itch: sonomi

#690 Post by Sonomi »

Well.

I tripped over my headphone cable while it was still plugged into my laptop. My heart sank. Because I could only hear sound from one ear afterward. Upon wiggling it out, I realized that the end was bent.

Yes, the headphones were only $20. And yes, I bought the set at least 4 years ago, but the thought of spending even that as a result of my pure clumsiness...

So, I carefully bent the plug back into place, inserted into my laptop, and tried again.

To my utter delight, they were entirely unharmed! Both sides work and I am quite pleased with myself. :)